• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    This has just confused me..
    How can something be cramped, yet empty?
    I really can't pick enough up out of this to make improvements..

I should've expanded on this one.
    It was cramped because the buildings were too close together and the mountains cut off a lot of the space, but it was empty because there wasn't enough vegetation in the map.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    My another map

Name:Greenville town
    info:Work hard on this...
    rate it guys...
    Spoiler:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    Sable Forest

Title: Sable Forest

ROM: Ruby Version AXVE

Comments: One of the first large scale, start from scratch maps I have ever made. Feel free to comment and rate, as this will be included in my upcoming hack.

^_^

Spoiler:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    Map Name: Route 201
    ROM: Fire Red BPRE
    Hack Name: Pokémon Simulacra
    Credits: Xiro, pey!, rhevarhe_duh, kyledove, saurav, Wesley FG
    Comments: Some of you will probably recognize this map. I inserted new mountain tiles which look far better in my opinion. There is a new rock tile that I used. I like it much better than single rock tiles because I think it looks more natural. Minor changes to paths and small trees here and there. Also, the path leading into the tree is an entrance to a forest. The hack name is different but it's pretty much Enigma under a new name.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Map Name: Route 201
    ROM: Fire Red BPRE
    Hack Name: Pokémon Simulacra
    Credits: Xiro, pey!, rhevarhe_duh, kyledove, saurav, Wesley FG
    Comments: Some of you will probably recognize this map. I inserted new mountain tiles which look far better in my opinion. There is a new rock tile that I used. I like it much better than single rock tiles because I think it looks more natural. Minor changes to paths and small trees here and there. Also, the path leading into the tree is an entrance to a forest. The hack name is different but it's pretty much Enigma under a new name.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Yeah, I definitely recognize this one. :3 It's still one of the best maps I've seen, and the new tiles/palettes you've added fit perfectly. There's a reason why you're my favorite mapper here. ^^

10/10, for near perfection.

Years
    Map Name: Route 142
    Map Game: Pokémon Wisteria/Pokémon FireRed Version
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: The path in the top-left corner leads from a little village. The path leading downwards leads to a city. The mountain leads to a cave. I know the path leading from the village is square. I've updated it now.

Please critisise honestly, but give reasons! Thanks!

Please rate my map! Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I made a map for Trebuh,for his hack Dark Chaos.It took me 30 mins.

I know,it screws up with the border block,but i'll fix it.
    map name: Porto Zen
    Spoiler:

EDIT 1: 900 POST!WOO
    EDIT 2: 13 MAP!WOO
    EDIT 3: i just noticed that i blocked one of the bridges with a tree(lolwutheheck?)

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I made a map for Trebuh,for his hack Dark Chaos.It took me 30 mins.

I know,it screws up with the border block,but i'll fix it.
    map name: Porto Zen
    Spoiler:

At first I thought "Wow thats a good map", but on closer inspection it has quite a few flaws.

1. You pointed it out already, buts its an important one, the border is messed up.
    2. The other one you said, tree in the way <<.
    3. For a town there is barely any room to move, sprites can only be placed in certain locations and theres a lot of 1-tile-walk ways. One bit that annoys me the most is the path under the top bridge, you come out behind a building and its a very narrow route through.
    4. Tall grass. In town. Pet peeve 01.
    5. By the inn, the only route left is between a sign and (under) a tree.
    6. Whats the water trough for? :S

Overall... 6.5/10, Nice to look at but would be extremely annoying to play.

PokemonXD:

2/10

Lots of errors: Trees-Water
    FAR too many flowers.
    Looks like you picked the wrong small-tree top, looks like it has tall grass behind.
    The stairs at the bottom part are so so wrong.
    The rocks (I assume) were to border the map, but there are gaps enough for the player to slip through.
    Tile error, top right part of the both islands, and they are both annoyingly square and need some variation to them.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Hopefully I have it right this time..

So here it is again
    Map Name: Pokémon Academy
    Hack Name: Pokémon Lumaria
    Spoiler:

Rate Away.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Akera:

I think that map has improved a LOT since I last saw it.

9/10

Only things I can recommend are changing the path (the one below the stairs to the purple building) so that it is less straight, perhaps bend the right side down.

Also still think the yellow brick building's roof is one tile too deep.

Well Done!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Hopefully I have it right this time..

So here it is again
    Map Name: Pokémon Academy
    Hack Name: Pokémon Lumaria
    Spoiler:

Rate Away.
    I mostly agree with swiftsign... but you need to be consistant with the mountain tiles. In several areas the bottom of the mountain tile is grass when it should be mountain, and in others it's mountain when it should be grass, which counts as tile errors. (Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say...)
    Also, in that bottom right house, there should be more than one tile of walking space in front of the door.
    6/10 (Mainly because of the consistant mountain tile errors.)

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Akera:

I think that map has improved a LOT since I last saw it.

9/10

Only things I can recommend are changing the path (the one below the stairs to the purple building) so that it is less straight, perhaps bend the right side down.

Also still think the yellow brick building's roof is one tile too deep.

Well Done!

I mostly agree with swiftsign... but you need to be consistant with the mountain tiles. In several areas the bottom of the mountain tile is grass when it should be mountain, and in others it's mountain when it should be grass, which counts as tile errors. (Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say...)
    Also, in that bottom right house, there should be more than one tile of walking space in front of the door.
    6/10 (Mainly because of the consistant mountain tile errors.)

Thanks for the rates..
    And yeah, I knew what you meant when you mentioned the tile errors..
    So, here's my final, updated map, with all suggested improvements made.

Spoiler:

Thanks, once again :D.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I had a major list of requests for a new map. So, after 2 months, I wanna see how I still do.

Spoiler:

Comments: Over to the left is supposed to be tightly squeezed since it's for the Professor's field research, and the player isn't allowed in it. Also, I used a lot of hedges, because in reality... they're fairly common, and they add nice finishing touches. Also, if you don't bother reading this comment, and downgrade on stuff related to what I said anyways, you will receive -7 rep. :D

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    A map by me. It took about 3 hours off and on.
    It's 36 x 36, so it's a bit big.

Spoiler:

Credits:
    Neti - ROM Base (Frozen)

Thank you for rating. :)

Note - If you saw my map before 11:07 PM GMT -6 hours, you could see part of a skinny tree on top of a fence. That has been corrected by me, as of now. The picture above is the corrected version, so please ignore that tile error you saw there.

Last edited:

loitraitim

Hoài Niệm Dấu Yêu
    Years
    Map Name: Route 1
    Map Game: FireRed (U)
    Time: ~ 1hr
    Comments: Custom tile by X-Richie ;)

Spoiler:

Comment to it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Map Name: Route 1
    Map Game: FireRed (U)
    Time: ~ 1hr
    Comments: Custom tile by X-Richie ;)

Spoiler:

Comment to it :D

IL give this map an 8/10
    reason: I dont realy see anything wrong with it besides that you should make ppl run into grass not make it a choice. Other than that its a great map

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I had a major list of requests for a new map. So, after 2 months, I wanna see how I still do.

Spoiler:

Comments: Over to the left is supposed to be tightly squeezed since it's for the Professor's field research, and the player isn't allowed in it. Also, I used a lot of hedges, because in reality... they're fairly common, and they add nice finishing touches. Also, if you don't bother reading this comment, and downgrade on stuff related to what I said anyways, you will receive -7 rep. :D

Very nice map, Jake. I like the random tree placement, the shape of the mountain, and the path's shape. And like you said, the hedges do give a nice touch.

I only suggest that you remove some bushes, and add more trees. It's your choice, though...Oh, and I spot a simple tile error in the path.

Here:
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back