• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
Years
  • So these maps I would use for a hack

But the ROM crashes when you play so it just a bit of fun.

Heres the first few areas, I havnt checked over them to add extra detail or corrections yet.

Credit to Kyledove for Tiles :)

You seem to be a good mapper ;) I like it but one thing: You shouldn't use so much little trees at one place... It looks unnaturally :/ However, for the hole thing 7,5/10 :D

trist79 said:
    I have a few maps i would like someone to rate so message me.
    Why don't you post them here? I know you can't post links cause the 15 posts but you can put it in an attachment...;)

Last edited:

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Why hello people.

I have a map which I would like to share with you all. It was originally for a ROM Hack I was working on but it ended up getting abandoned.

The map is a sub-mountainous region located outside one of the major cities. It was originally meant to be a regular Route, but I was intending to edit so that Shaymin could be found somewhere around here later in the game.

Anyhow, it is in the attachments.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • Why hello people.

I have a map which I would like to share with you all. It was originally for a ROM Hack I was working on but it ended up getting abandoned.

The map is a sub-mountainous region located outside one of the major cities. It was originally meant to be a regular Route, but I was intending to edit so that Shaymin could be found somewhere around here later in the game.

Anyhow, it is in the attachments.

Well I like the ledges. Although some of them are a bit pointless. I can't see any tile errors so that's good.

Now on to the not so good stuff, the map is a bit square over all, so try to round the edges slightly. Finally I know this route is home to Shaymin but you have overused the flowers slightly, try to spread them out more.

Map rating 6/10

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • Bah, my first actual city map. So if you're going to rate it, please do not rate it simply. I'd like everything that seems awkward looking pointed out. I'd like lots of contructive criticism on this one. ^_^ It's from Pokémon Simulacra. The blue building near the top is a police station. Here's the map.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Bah, my first actual city map. So if you're going to rate it, please do not rate it simply. I'd like everything that seems awkward looking pointed out. I'd like lots of contructive criticism on this one. ^_^ It's from Pokémon Simulacra. The blue building near the top is a police station. Here's the map.

Spoiler:
    Wow, 10/10, that map is amazing.

I have stared at it for 10 minutes and I cannot find one thing wrong or one thing that looks strange. The palettes and tiles are amazing. The placement of everything is great and it looks like an actually city's layout. Good job!

Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    This is an amazing map. It look like a true city. The trees, the flowers, the houses is awesome. Also the shape of the city looks good.
    Your pretty good at mapping. 10/10.

-Ashley Tisdale.

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
    Years
  • I have got some Map for ya all to rate
    Here it is
    Map Name:Route 1
    ROM:Fire Red
    Hack:Gotta Catch em All
    Comments:The map may be still edited
    Picture:
    Spoiler:

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    Years
  • I have got some Map for ya all to rate
    Here it is
    Map Name:Route 1
    ROM:Fire Red
    Hack:Gotta Catch em All
    Comments:The map may be still edited
    Picture:
    Spoiler:
    I like the map... It's not bad! But the ledges are way too long!
    Make them shorter and make and please don't in a straight line oO It looks really unnatural! I'll give it 6,5/10 :D

sasquatchd00d said:
    Bah, my first actual city map. So if you're going to rate it, please do not rate it simply. I'd like everything that seems awkward looking pointed out. I'd like lots of contructive criticism on this one. ^_^ It's from Pokémon Simulacra. The blue building near the top is a police station. Here's the map.
    Spoiler:
    Wow, great map! Like everytime xD
    It looks like an american town from the 50s :P The tiles u used looks so lovely... I didn't recognized any faults and border errors... However a great map... 9,5/10

Here's my new map, the colorful tunnel:

Map Name: Colorful Tunnel U1
    Map Game: FireRed
    Hack: Pokémon Silver Reign
    Credits: None
    Comments: Well i love this tileset :D

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

~MOP :P

Last edited:

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • Ok I edited my map again
    And here it is :D
    Spoiler:

I'm giving this a 6/10. First of all, making a route where you can get all the way to the other side without going through grass is a no-no....force the player to go through some so they can face wild pokemon. Also, you need to change the brown-ish path right after the stairs leading down from the hill--only use 1 type of path for a route and that path looks off anyway. Lastly, the ledge placement is off--don't put ledges where people can't get to them, and try to combine the two that are diagona from each other.

Years
  • Map Name: ENCELIA CITY
    Hack: Pokémon Kyanpu
    ROM: FireRed
    Comments: I know that there is only one entrance/exit, but that's where my alpha ends. The bottom would normally be the exit. Please don't deduce points for that.

Spoiler:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Hack: None, it's just a test.
    Hack Of: Pokémon FireRed
    Map Name: Mount Trying out a new style
    Credits: Will be in the thread.
    Comments: Try and figure the puzzle out ;) It links to another mountain map (above) and a sea map (below)
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Well, Alice.: It's an interestin' map, I like the thought of the havin'-to-cross-cave-after-cave-to-finish way... Even if it isn't goin' to be played... Just remember to always make the different cliffs different heights, otherwise you should be able to enter a cave from above... And that's not a good thing... Well, the benches seems kinda pointless, and you'll have a hard time readin' that sign... and I do NOT like the three edges in the water: the player will be able to surf over them, if you get my point, and that'll look pretty ugly... and the left/right edges are a bit too straight... I know you're makin' the border work out, but I would recommend makin' the map wider so you can make it look more natural... And I would also add more texture, Maybe rocks or something... Flowers are always ok, and I wonder about the lack of Wild Grass.

No errors, well done!

Overall ratin': 7/10, I like the Idea, but too empty.
    Happy Hackin'!

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    Years
  • MOP said:
    Here's my new map, the colorful tunnel:

Map Name: Colorful Tunnel U1
    Map Game: FireRed
    Hack: Pokémon Silver Reign
    Credits: None
    Comments: Well i love this tileset :D

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

~MOP :P
    No one want to rate? Please i want constructive criticism ;)

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Okay then, MOP. I really like most of your maps... But I think the palletes are kinda eye-tearing... I know you're not supposed to rate the palletes, but here, It's a big part of the map, so yea.
    Back to mappin'... the rocks ON the walls should be edited so that they look like the are... on a wall. Otherwise it looks like an error. And that's bad ^^. Also, I think you don't use the correct tiles for upper edge of... water... edge (can't find the word)... instead you use the usual... water... edge. OK that's hard to get, but it's OK, many people does this. I like the shape of the map, I can't do caves like this... And the general Idea... I'll rate...

8/10 for a pretty good map, but I think you can do better.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    pretty good... a little too much green on the map though. 8/10

oops. wrong forum. by the way, good job on the colorful map, i love the colors. 9/10 maybe a little too colorful though

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Anyone to rate my map?
    I want some criticism XD

The mountains area little square at the bottom of the route (leading off to whatever).
    The flowers are a little spread out, since flowers tend to grow in bunches, and I don't know if it is just the tileset, (Since I don't use those tiles) but you may have a few tile errors located; (Red Circles = Possible Tile Errors : Cyan Rectangle = You need to make a new tile for this...)
    View attachment 47594
    Also, if there are any "tree shadow" tree tiles, use them.
    Overall Rating: 7/10

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Well the map in my opinion doesnt have enough grass where you are foced into so you can easily pass through the route without even getting into a battle put some more grass in it 7/10

Map Name: Test town
    Hack: Just a test XD
    ROM: FireRed
    Comments: I like the tiles :3

Map Rating/Review Thread

please rate~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back