• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
    Map name : haven't thought of one.
    rombase: ruby
    comments:I was pretty much going to use these tiles but I didn't have time to insert them so I used the ones that wesley was useing in light platinum. note they will not be used by me for anything but this picture.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

The map has a nice, easy structure, and even though it's left simple you've used a wide variety of trees and you haven't overpopulated the grass or flowers.

Even though, I see several tile errors and I do not like the amount of rocks in the river.

8/10

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    Map Name:Right now I just call it home Town (still working on catchy names)
    Map Game: FireRed
    Comments:Umm... Well the little house nearest to the boardwalk is Prof.Alder's Cottage and there will be a island below and to the right route one!

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
    Map Name:Right now I just call it home Town (still working on catchy names)
    Map Game: FireRed
    Comments:Umm... Well the little house nearest to the boardwalk is Prof.Alder's Cottage and there will be a island below and to the right route one!

I like how you've done the paths; as you've added shape to them instead of just leaving them straight. I also like the bridge idea, but frankly it didn't work.

The bridge has a lot of tile errors, and I do not like the scarce popularity of the hedges. You either put in a considerate amount or don't, because too much looks like everything's crowded, and too little looks like you couldn't be bothered and makes the area too open. And also, where the bridge starts, I do not like the fact you overused boulders just in that area. There are also some other minor tile errors other than in the bridge area.

And yes, good first try for your first map on your first hack ;).

6/10

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Map name : haven't thought of one.
    rombase: ruby
    comments:I was pretty much going to use these tiles but I didn't have time to insert them so I used the ones that wesley was useing in light platinum. note they will not be used by me for anything but this picture.
    Spoiler:
    I took the suggestions and here is the updated version!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    I took the suggestions and here is the updated version!
    Spoiler:
    I quite like this map. I really like the little water inlet. The tree placement is just great; don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The grass placement is good as well. The flowers are bunched, which is good in my eyes. I can't really find anything to complain about in this map. If I really had to complain about something it would be small tree placement. I personally don't like placing them alone but it's not wrong to do it the way you did it. Really nice map.

9/10

there are still some blocky trees but it looks a lot better 9.6/10
    Where do people get the idea that trees in this placement are bad? They're really not. And he didn't place them "blocky" anyways. But, I digress.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    .... the tree place ment in some areas were good and in some bad you never want blockey ness it makes you hack look 2D while the oposite is true good tree placement gives the illusion of 3D

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Map Name: I'm still deciding on the name of this cave.

Map Game: Emerald

Comments: I spent quite awhile on this. You could say that it's a new style of cave mapping (at least for me) in which the cave is made to feel really small, and hopefully more realistic, by adding lots of large rocks to block off the paths as much as possible, without completely destroying playability. I really like how it came out. This is just a sample though, I've got a full gigantic ubercave in the works lol.
    Also, I spent a lot of time making sure that there are no border errors, and I left that one area empty so it wouldn't distract anyone, since you can't actually see it lol.

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Comments: I spent quite awhile on this. You could say that it's a new style of cave mapping (at least for me) in which the cave is made to feel really small, and hopefully more realistic, by adding lots of large rocks to block off the paths as much as possible, without completely destroying playability. I really like how it came out. This is just a sample though, I've got a full gigantic ubercave in the works lol.
    Also, I spent a lot of time making sure that there are no border errors, and I left that one area empty so it wouldn't distract anyone, since you can't actually see it lol.
    Wow... I can't do that kind of maps... I'd say, yes it's beautiful and feels natural and small, but playability is yet like in heaven... This is perfect use of the RSE cave tiles, can't wait to see the undercave O.O

Do I have to write the bad things? Cuz I don't wanna... I can't even see any bad stuff here.

What the heck, 10/10! I can't rate a cave lower than that if it's over my level!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years

It looks a lil simple quite easy to go trow it not much of a chalange or dugen But still vevery good
    looks real and playable 9.5/10

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Okay here is my 2nd map ive ever done! I used blob of blobs (i think thats his username) rom base and edited the grass to look like HG SS grass. Its supposed to be the starter town but i guess its to big so i might change it to the second town... the bottom is part of the sea that connects this town to the one with the last gym leader, most of the region is surrounded by the sea ( bit like hoenn only more)
    Please tell me how i can improve and..... all that stuff! Oh yeah and no cursing... please!

Game hacked: Fire red
    Town name: Dilford town

Map Rating/Review Thread

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Okay here is my 2nd map ive ever done! I used blob of blobs (i think thats his username) rom base and edited the grass to look like HG SS grass. Its supposed to be the starter town but i guess its to big so i might change it to the second town... the bottom is part of the sea that connects this town to the one with the last gym leader, most of the region is surrounded by the sea ( bit like hoenn only more)
    Please tell me how i can improve and..... all that stuff! Oh yeah and no cursing... please!

Game hacked: Fire red
    Town name: Dilford town

Map Rating/Review Thread
    square trees squear routes routes to big neat the exit also to empty 4/10

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back