• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen today
    Map name: No idea ~
    Game: Emerald
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: I decided to try some new tiles, thats the resultCredits:

• Alucus
    • WesleyFG
    • Dewitty
    • Zunex
    • Zel!x
    Cheers..

Although this map is made in RMXP, I'll rate it...

It's pretty good, the style is good. Playability is good too, but there's something that's bugging me: Sometimes, you have to move diagonally, but you can't, and it can get annoying. Straighter paths are prefered by the players. ;)

Years

Although this map is made in RMXP, I'll rate it...

It's pretty good, the style is good. Playability is good too, but there's something that's bugging me: Sometimes, you have to move diagonally, but you can't, and it can get annoying. Straighter paths are prefered by the players. ;)
    Um, you got it wrong. It's not RMXP as it says "Emerald" Also it says he is a "Rom Hacker" :P

Years
    • Seen today
    Um, you got it wrong. It's not RMXP as it says "Emerald" Also it says he is a "Rom Hacker" :P

No, mate. The colours of the tiles aren't in multiples of 8, so that means that map wasn't made in A-map.

It COULD be made in RMXP, but also in another map maker.. OR they could have used something to improve the quality of the image or something..

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
    Years
    Spoiler:

Map Name: Crosea Town (Crow-shay-uh)

ROM: FireRed BPRE

Hack Name: Pokémon Darkest Shadows

Comments: This is the starting map of Darkest Shadows. It is set in a hole in the side of a mountain, and there is a path leading to the south which leads to the further area of Sentohr. The snow leaves footprints, and... That's all I can think of at the moment, please rate with Rating/10, comments/suggestions. Thank you
    Reposting

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The pallte is miffed up
    tbh~

You should try fix it

i would give it about 4/10

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    @Darkest Shade of Light:
    Rating: 5/10
    Reasons: It's too squarish. The palletes don't blend in with each other. Too many boulders placed randomly and lack of creativity.
    Suggestions: Fix the pallete, don't make the map squarish and refer the "reasons".

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Map Name: Guardian Village

ROM: FireRed BPRE

Hack Name: Pokemon Galactic Platinum EX

Comments: This is the starting map for my hack. I retiled and remapped.

Spoiler:

Years
    Map Name: N/A

ROM: Fire Red BPRE

Hack Name: Pokemon Vision

Comments: This is a team base.

Spoiler:

well your map is not bad. Why do you place the Pokecenter and the mart in same place. There is a path on the up left side but it is covered with tree. You should make the path clear by removing these trees. You also make a cave near the team base. That make the place wired.. You should place it a place where it is covered with trees. It will look good that way. So I will give 3.5 out of 10.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Hack Name:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

ROM Base: Sapphire
    Map Name: Littleroot
    Comments: This is Littleroot, roughly 4 years after the events of Ruby/Sapphire. The game will be a beefed up version and bring back Team Aqua.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    Just a general thing that has been annoying me since the dawn of time.

What is with you people and houses without windows? When was the last time you walked down the street and saw a house with no windows? It just looks awful, unrealistic, and totally tarnishes the map in my opinion. Luckily, it's easily fixed. All it takes is a slight glance at the upper part of FR's outdoor tileset to realize that the boring blue default house comes with windows.

I don't even know why people use that "default" awful looking house in towns anyway.

It may not seem like much, but some of these maps really (EDIT: and I mean really) need it.

Maybe I should make a mapping tutorial that's actually good, not like the newbies would read it or anything...

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
    Years
    Just a general thing that has been annoying me since the dawn of time.

What is with you people and houses without windows? When was the last time you walked down the street and saw a house with no windows? It just looks awful, unrealistic, and totally tarnishes the map in my opinion. Luckily, it's easily fixed. All it takes is a slight glance at the upper part of FR's outdoor tileset to realize that the boring blue default house comes with windows.

I don't even know why people use that "default" awful looking house in towns anyway.

It may not seem like much, but some of these maps really (EDIT: and I mean really) need it.

Maybe I should make a mapping tutorial that's actually good, not like the newbies would read it or anything...
    Uhm, recently, there have been maps that have houses with windows, please tell me what page you're looking at (sarcasm, if you didn't know).

@reply or comment on my last map:
    Do you mean that I should change the mountain areas to a white-ish color?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022

The difficult part about this is that it is nearly impossible to make a mapping tutorial. Sure, you can show people how to avoid making block errors, and you can give them some general advice, such as playability (morethanonewalkingtileplz) and emptiness (whereamI?). But aside from that, the way a person maps is their own style, whether it's distasteful to you or not. You can give examples of maps, sure, but it really doesn't mean anything unless they're going to out-and-out copy those maps. :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    If you want to talk about making a mapping tutorial, or anything, use the ROM Hacking Discussions thread. :3

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    Hack Name:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

ROM Base: Sapphire
    Map Name: Littleroot
    Comments: This is Littleroot, roughly 4 years after the events of Ruby/Sapphire. The game will be a beefed up version and bring back Team Aqua.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

6/10.
    Not to be rude or anything, but if its only been 4 years, you could make it more realistic. You should have kept the LAB where it was, make the map a bit bigger. And add another house where a the think with just windows is. And a bit more trees, here and there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back