• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
    9/10 That is awesome, looks like a real forest, but try grouping some trees together, will make it look more dense.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    1st town re-done!

Town name:Sweet Town(maybe)-give me a better name.

Hack of:Ruby

Comments:Still same tiles because they are soooooo beautiful (and has the stairs I want...)

Map Rating/Review Thread

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    RATING: 6/10
    REASON: I love the tiles and the (almost) balanced nature of the map...
    SUGGESTION: What's the use of that house South-West in the map if it's blocked by trees? Also, you could lessen the trees within/centre of the map... It looks more like a route than a town that way... And that small mountain with side stairs.., it's pretty much useless... And I think a signboard in front of the house's door is kinda disturbing in my eyes... Yet, the map's well made.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    O.K., thanx.
    I'll fix some of those things u mentioned, but I'm gonna add more trees because the town is really into nature.
    Thanx again for rating and commenting.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    To: Hyunbin

RATE:[5.4/10]
    The trees are nice but it makes me dizzy..!
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    To: shinypkmnfan13

RATE:[6.5/10]
    The map is great but the house is so small, try to make it bigger..!

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    Edit: Nevermind, fixed it. Anyway, here's the starting city of my hack.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

It's the first route in my hack. It is adjacent to the nearby forest, but leads into the next town, and also contains a small Surf path that let's you bypass most of the grass area.

Also, about that other side of the forest. There will be a special area that can only be reached with Fly (if I can get my Hex Editing in order), and not until later in the game.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    Game: Fire Red
    Info: Here is the first village in my hack (my hack has Villages as well as Cities and Towns)
    Credits to PH Company and Christos for the ROM base and Peyi for the tiles in the ROM base.

Kora Village
    Map Rating/Review Thread

North is a route to Cian Island (part of Johto, Cianwood City)
    South is a wharf with a boat that takes you to the mainland (yes it is an island that Kora Villages is on)
    and West is a Beach where you find your starter Pokemon (injured).

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Edit: Nevermind, fixed it. Anyway, here's the starting city of my hack.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

It's the first route in my hack. It is adjacent to the nearby forest, but leads into the next town, and also contains a small Surf path that let's you bypass most of the grass area.

Also, about that other side of the forest. There will be a special area that can only be reached with Fly (if I can get my Hex Editing in order), and not until later in the game.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

hm......
    1st map...
    RATING: 4/10
    REASON: I don't like the map... I don't know, I just feel like I don't like it...
    SUGGESTION: You could do better than that...

2nd map...
    RATING: 3/10
    REASON: Too plain and too empty...
    SUGGESTION: Do better...

Game: Fire Red
    Info: Here is the first village in my hack (my hack has Villages as well as Cities and Towns)
    Credits to PH Company and Christos for the ROM base and Peyi for the tiles in the ROM base.

Kora Village
    -removed-
    North is a route to Cian Island (part of Johto, Cianwood City)
    South is a wharf with a boat that takes you to the mainland (yes it is an island that Kora Villages is on)
    and West is a Beach where you find your starter Pokemon (injured).

RATING: 6/10
    REASON: It's nice. That palletes are nice and so are the tiles... I inda don't like the balance, but it's okay...
    SUGESTION: ...

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    [

hm......
    1st map...
    RATING: 4/10
    REASON: I don't like the map... I don't know, I just feel like I don't like it...
    SUGGESTION: You could do better than that...

2nd map...
    RATING: 3/10
    REASON: Too plain and too empty...
    SUGGESTION: Do better...

I'm not really so sure what to do about the first map. Is it because it's too big, or too small, or the tiles (don't match up, look old, don't belong, etc.)

Thank you for the comments on the second map. I didn't want to go crazy on the mapping for a first route, but I guess it needs a bit more variety. Plus I'm definitely going to have to trim down that forest separating both sides. I'll work on what you said for this map.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
    Map Name: Osario Town
    Game: FireRed

Map Rating/Review Thread

Information: This is starting town in region of Asuria. The left connection goes to Osario Clifs
    and Right connection goes to Pokemon Legue.

Rate plz.

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    9.5/10
    reason because its a perfect map but its still like a sqaire but theres nothing else wrong with it

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Here goes my rating to the following maps... Click the spoiler to see which map belongs the comment to ;)

Spoiler:

For the first map, I would give it 9,5 of 10. Therre is a tile in FireRed which could be used instead of those signposts, almost asme as the bottom borders of the lake. Just use it, and it will be better. I like the feel of this map, it looks really pretty.

For the map 2, I must give it 8/10 for the exactly same error with those signposts, but this time it's really obvious. You should look through the tileset more deeply or I can consider this a bit lazy behaviour. Again, the map is well done, when ignoring these signpost errors, there are almost none - I would change the place of those crates in the lower left corner.

Spoiler:

I am giving it 5.5 of 10 because the map is just way too plain to give it higher rating. You shold either add more stuff like trees or patches of flowers (not bigger than 3x4 tiles) and some big trees (best two next to each other). You may also want to change paths, because with such kind of path the map is just plain. I would recommend to make them less wide on places where width is 4 tiles and change the type.
    Spoiler:

I cannot see any errors, and with the exception of palette, which seems a bit less lively than it should be, it's really nice. Maybe on the first map, the path could be less wide and there could be a bit more obstacles so the player cannot go just straight to the town. I give that map 9 of 10. On the second path, there could be more space for passing through cause it seems as if it was blocked by those trees. I give it 8.5 of 10.

Spoiler:

I don't like those tree tiles, sorry :x Mainly the palette, the shape is quite good ;)

The forest is a bit confusing with them, I had to look really closely on the monitor cause it was pretty hard to find out where is the path. You may want to change the palette of trees to be darker and therefore easier to recognize the path ;)

Spoiler:

You can sure like what you've done, but the map needs drastical improvements. Some paths, putting away obstacles, the hill and the stairs with those bushes, putting less flowers, and making the "park" in the centre of map accessible (remove patches of Pokémon grass) and putting there some "walkable tiles - not so much flowers, just plain grass on some places. Plus, moving the signpost from the side of the red-roofed house along with that small tree. There are basically no map errors, so I give you 5 of 10.

Spoiler:

There is so little to say. Just plain maps. 4 of 10. You should put in some decorative objects, put windows on those buildings (house with no windows? o.O") and make those maps more vivid by adding some decorative elements.

Spoiler:

Hello, Deric! Though you are my friend, your map needs a comment. Those small trees are improperly mapped, then, remove one of the rocks in the lake, and same for one of those doors on the building with green roof. I know it is short by default, so you may want to shorten it for the sake of good appearance. Also the postbox in the lower left corner should be easilly accessible. I like your map, but it needs some improvements. Therefore I give it 7 of 10.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014

Map Rating/Review Thread

Information: This is starting town in region of Asuria. The left connection goes to Osario Clifs

Rate plz.

Rate: 9/10
    Reason: Its a nice map, I love the way you made the connections and the map looks very peaceful. The pathways are nicely used. The only problem with the map, is that its a little square.
    Suggestions: make the map a little less square.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024

Map Rating/Review Thread

Rate plz.

RATINGS: 7/10
    REASON: Er.., it's a nice map. lovely and the balance is a little heavy... Yet, it's nice...
    SUGGESTION: erm.., remove that bush blocking the door? Seriously, you could just remove that door there instead of just making it being blocked by a bush... I'm refering to tht building south-east of the map...

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    RATINGS: 8/10
    REASON: Well, it's nice and a nice copy of the original Mahogany Town.
    SUGGESTION: Erm, nothing, I guess... :\

Jirachi_961

Owner of: Pokemon Reanimation
    Years
    This is one of my towns in my new up and coming hack. I am posting a picture here, because there is something wrong with it that i just cant put a finger on. Hopefully someone else can make a suggestion.

The weather of the town is cloudy.

The ho-oh in the bottom left is supposed to be a statue.

Name of the town: Still pending.

Im not really naming any of the towns until i get done.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Thanks.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    RATINGS: 5/10
    REASON: Though the map is kinda well balanced, the error of the tiles are not very pleasing... Were you inseting and making new tiles? :\
    SUGGESTION: The only thing I can suggest is that you should make those tiles more nicely done... I ain't no tiler, and so I can't go any further in that matter...
    PICTURE of ERRORS:

Last edited:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I couldn't be stuffed hosting it, so it's an attachment.

Name: ----
    Description: The palettes are saturated to give it a nice feel. Because I'm experimenting with them. The town is the starting town in my new hack, and I want some criticism, though I think it's as good as it gets for starting towns. I have inserted many tiles, I'm changing playing around with the palettes a bit.
    Credits: Zel - Water Palette.
    Kyledove - House Palette.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    RATINGS: 9/10
    REASON: I love it! The simplicity, the balance, the harmony of the palletes!
    SUGGESTION: Erm... Make the trees more lighter in colour, though. But the map's still nice. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back