• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I've got some maps for my hack, I'm not going to reveal there names. But I have planned out the whole region :)!

Name: ---
    Description: Starting town of my hack, it is a pretty small town, but may have some events depending on how the story progresses.
    Spoiler:

Name: Route 1
    Description: A very large route in my hack, I want to make the hack more adventerous so you'll see on how the map turned out.
    Beware, large map
    Spoiler:

I like the maps because they are simple.
    map 1:8/10
    it is simple for a beginner town and i like it.
    however you have quite a couple of errors at the lake part.
    i don't know if this is true or not but isn't the brown ledges only for grassy mountains?
    And when the water(don't know how to say it) makes a turn from the bottom,you are supposed to use tiles 1AB and 1AC on tileset 1.
    suggestions:other than fix what seems wrong to me, nothing i guess.

Map 2:7.8/10
    I like the map but i think the first route should be simple and small.
    it is simple but it is huge.
    the cave thing is good but the flowers should be spread out more because flowers right next to each other are kind of a turnoff for me.
    the trees are good but i think i should mention that nature doesn't have a pattern.
    Your trees are in an order which seems like a human made that.A human*YOU* did make that but it is supposed to seem natural.

rating: 8/10
    reason: i like complex maps too and i dont see many tile errors, only the ones you mentioned and above the left cave entrance. but even if its so complex it will still be too easy to pass this route, if you dont add trainers at key points (unfortunely you made only a map image without trainers).
    i really like the "bridges in the air" (dont know how to call em...), i didnt know they exist in FR (or did you make them on your own?).
    suggestions: take care about the thing with the trainers and the few tile errors and i think this will be a great map

I would put in trainers but i forgot.
    i don't know what you are talking about when you say the error at the top left of the cave because i don't see anything there.
    and it is lavender town bridges.
    i just edited the bottom with block editor.
    and this is a bit embarassing but i don't know how to edit tiles.
    the tutorials don't make much sense to me.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    i think the top of the cave entrance looks strange, there should be another mountain level over it.

tiles can be edited with any program, even with ms paint... just export them with the block editor.
    or do you mean editing blocks?

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Map 2:7.8/10
    I like the map but i think the first route should be simple and small.
    it is simple but it is huge.
    the cave thing is good but the flowers should be spread out more because flowers right next to each other are kind of a turnoff for me.
    the trees are good but i think i should mention that nature doesn't have a pattern.
    Your trees are in an order which seems like a human made that.A human*YOU* did make that but it is supposed to seem natural.

That isn't the first route, my hack starts in the middle of a large route. It doesn't start in the first town. It starts in the middle of the game. Giving you options where to go.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    @CheesePeow...
    RATINGS: 9/10
    REASON: I really love the simplicity and the balance of the map.
    SUGGESTION: Maybe remove those bushes beside the PC, or just replace those with those thin trees, or something... :\

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    darn, DJG didn't rate my map.
    okay i made a city.
    i made it for no reason other than keeping my skills from getting rusty.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Rating:9/10
    Reason:It's a great map, but the larger lapris throws it out, because it's a lapris doll floting on water.
    Suggestion:Use the smaller lapris. Person num. 135

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Rating:9/10
    Reason:It's a great map, but the larger lapris throws it out, because it's a lapris doll floting on water.
    Suggestion:Use the smaller lapris. Person num. 135

Yeah but the bigger one seems more realistic to me.
    I mean the ho oh OW is the same size on the overworld but when you look at its dex it is like 20 feet tall.
    Nintendo just makes the OW's too small in my opinion.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    ive made 2 new maps for a hack:

Route 1:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Comments: Player will come from the left first. There where the ledge leads to the area with the fench will be a woamn giving ou an item, and after that you have to walk back.

Second Town:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Will be connected to thee other map

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Yeah but the bigger one seems more realistic to me.
    I mean the ho oh OW is the same size on the overworld but when you look at its dex it is like 20 feet tall.
    Nintendo just makes the OW's too small in my opinion.

That is true, but the smaller lapris has like a traced white line around it so it looks like it's in water.
    But it's ur map and ur decision the map is still great.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    ive made 2 new maps for a hack:

Route 1:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Comments: Player will come from the left first. There where the ledge leads to the area with the fench will be a woamn giving ou an item, and after that you have to walk back.

Um, this map looks way off level, mainly because you have so many ledges that they just seem to make it have more levels that it should.

Will be connected to thee other map

Yeah, you use way too many ledges in the first one, as 1 ledge represents a drop in the level of a map.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    also on the first route Neti, you can go from right to left without walking through the grass. but apart from that, it looks fine. 8.5/10

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    i wanted that its possible to go from right to the left without passing grass...

and the many ledges are also wanted, you dont know the region map though... it goes a bit down there

anyway heres my new map, the ppl from my team liked it very much soim gonna post it here

Name: Dunno, a forest^^

image:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

comments: if you enter the right side gouse from the top and then leave it at the bottom youll be on a route, not leaving it on this map
    i just added the exit here to make it look more realistic
    the bottom exit leads to route 1, the other two to route 2.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    i wanted that its possible to go from right to the left without passing grass...

and the many ledges are also wanted, you dont know the region map though... it goes a bit down there

anyway heres my new map, the ppl from my team liked it very much soim gonna post it here

Name: Dunno, a forest^^

image:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

comments: if you enter the right side gouse from the top and then leave it at the bottom youll be on a route, not leaving it on this map
    i just added the exit here to make it look more realistic
    the bottom exit leads to route 1, the other two to route 2.
    Rating:8/0
    Its a great map but there are a couple of bridge errors in case you didn't see them.there is a big waste of area in the bottom left part and in my book,i don't like wastes of an area.
    There is a useless spot at the top right-top middle where there is all that grass but you can't get there.it is also annoying treading through all that grass AND trainers.there should be a bigger resting spot than 1 square of normal grass.That is if you started somewhere else.
    Suggestions:make the lavender town bridges and put them in the black spots in AM or just replace them with something else.
    The brown bridges are a bit ugly to me.
    Other than that, remove some bug trainers or replace them because not all people who visit the forest are bug trainers.

Darn i only got my map rated by one person.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Map Name: Genesis Cave

Game Name: Pokemon Firered

Comments: It will be the first cave in the hack im working on. the upper exit leads to a route that the player shouldnt pass so early, thats why theres this HM4 Rock.

Image:
    Upper Level
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Lower Level
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Map name: Wish Town
    Map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Connections: Down to Garden Hills, Right to Hot Canyon
    Credits: Forgotten Memory for tiles

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    another map.
    Another route with a small village in it.
    You start at the bottom left.
    I made this map because i don't want to get rusty.
    Spoiler:

Comments:it took me 3 hours to make this. And i made the stairs leading to the water as a fishing area for the village.
    P.S. look at the rocks.

Years
    another map.
    Spoiler:

Comments:it took me 3 hours to make this. And i made the stairs leading to the water as a fishing area for the village.
    P.S. look at the rocks.
    10/10

Not predictable, big, all space is pretty much used, no errors. The perfect map. ^_~

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    @ makunouchi: woah.... easy to get lost there :p

I say about 9/10, the blue house has awkwardly placed windows and... uhg, WINDOWLESS HOUSES!?
    Other than that, that's amazeing! (Pun intended)

@ IceCharizard: obviously was Pallet Town -.-

cuz the cave is cool... 5/10. it's plain... needs more..... something........

@ Neti:
    Forest- that's pretty cool! 10/10! I espeially like how it shows grass, yet you can't get to it :p And the tile mixture is BRILLIANT! <3
    Second Town- 9/10, pretty cool but... 1) there's a Tile error on the PC, and 2) WHY is there salt water in a town? o_O
    Route- nothing to say but: SO... MANY... TREES! O_O

If you maybe, put in some different tiles, your maps would RULE! <3

~~~~~

Okay, I think I got one:

Map Name:
    Minyruu Town.

Map Game:
    My Hack, Pokemon Eonlight. Based on Pokemon Firered, using a patch from PHO.

Comments:
    Starting Town. Your house is the one with the Orange Roof, your Friend/Rival's house is the purple-roofed house. The yellow/Grey Building is the school you recently graduated from. (You can't get in, as it is closed for the summer)
    And YES, I know about the black-ish tiles... blame the patch maker... >.>

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Random Info (WILL be spoilers!):
    Spoiler:

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
    Map Name: Genesis Cave

Game Name: Pokemon Firered

Comments: It will be the first cave in the hack im working on. the upper exit leads to a route that the player shouldnt pass so early, thats why theres this HM4 Rock.

Image:
    Upper Level
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Lower Level
    Map Rating/Review Thread

I'm surprised that noone has commented on this yet- I would day that these are the best maps on the page. First off the maps are not to plain and not to 'over the top'. Second, the shape of the caves is really nice. Third, you have made a use of HMs, which is something shunned by some people. The only thing I would mention is that there is the occasional bit is underterrained, but that is a matter of taste.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    another map.
    Spoiler:

P.S. look at the rocks.

looks really good to me, i see no tile errors and its a very complex route. i think the blue roofed house looks a bit strange, but its not such a big matter.
    rating: 10/10
    reason: you really made a nice and complex route, i espacially like how you use the different mountain levels!
    suggestion: would yopu mind giving me a tileset that contains those bridges?^^

and thx for the good ratings ppl! those maps will be part of Flame of Rage
    i will post new maps from time to time

@ makunouchi: woah.... easy to get lost there :p

I say about 9/10, the blue house has awkwardly placed windows and... uhg, WINDOWLESS HOUSES!?
    Other than that, that's amazeing! (Pun intended)

@ IceCharizard: obviously was Pallet Town -.-

cuz the cave is cool... 5/10. it's plain... needs more..... something........

@ Neti:
    Forest- that's pretty cool! 10/10! I espeially like how it shows grass, yet you can't get to it :p And the tile mixture is BRILLIANT! <3
    Second Town- 9/10, pretty cool but... 1) there's a Tile error on the PC, and 2) WHY is there salt water in a town? o_O
    Route- nothing to say but: SO... MANY... TREES! O_O

If you maybe, put in some different tiles, your maps would RULE! <3

~~~~~

Okay, I think I got one:

Map Name:
    Minyruu Town.

Map Game:
    My Hack, Pokemon Eonlight. Based on Pokemon Firered, using a patch from PHO.

Comments:
    Starting Town. Your house is the one with the Orange Roof, your Friend/Rival's house is the purple-roofed house. The yellow/Grey Building is the school you recently graduated from. (You can't get in, as it is closed for the summer)
    And YES, I know about the black-ish tiles... blame the patch maker... >.>

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Random Info (WILL be spoilers!):
    Spoiler:

The tile error at the PC was fixed. I dont consider this water salt water... which would you prefer me to take? and is it bad or good that i used so many trees on the route?

anyway, your map:
    rating: 6/10
    reason: im very sorry to give you only 6 points since you gave me such a good rating, but i have reasons: theres a big overfloow of flowers at the top, that doesnt looks really good to me. there are also some easy to see tile erros at the roofs of the building. the tileset itsself is good but i dont like the normal grass... its way to shiny. and this remixed building looks good, but you did a mistake: the roof of the lower part should start 1 part lower and end at the same place where it does now.

I'm surprised that noone has commented on this yet- I would day that these are the best maps on the page. First off the maps are not to plain and not to 'over the top'. Second, the shape of the caves is really nice. Third, you have made a use of HMs, which is something shunned by some people. The only thing I would mention is that there is the occasional bit is underterrained, but that is a matter of taste.

Wow thx man! but could you explain what you mean with "there is the occasional bit is underterrained"? im not a native english speaker so i dont understand this :P

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back