• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Map name: Updated Eidolon Forest
    Original map: Viridial Forest
    Map (Warning! Big map!):
    Spoiler:

Connections: none
    Credits: CheesePeow for rombase

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I gotta say, IC, I love the shape, even if is gets square sometimes...
    Hang on...why is there moving water in a forest?
    Oh well...
    Grass and trees are pretty well placed...but don't you think a forest would be teeming with wild Pokemon? *cough* Ilex Forest *cough*

8.5/10

FinalEclipse

Learning to be a Tile Artist
    Years
    Map Name: Torment Village
    Map Game: Ruby
    Comments: This is the main area for my hacks Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Temporal exploration and Spacial exploration.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Comments: This is the main area for my hacks Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Temporal exploration and Spacial exploration.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Wow.
    Er...sorry if this sounds like flaming, but...
    Tile error here, tile errors there, tile errors everywhere! And lots of unused land.
    I suggest you try to put some more things in and stuff...
    And try to get the tiles right. >.>
    It's also extremely bland and way too empty to be a major place...
    Read some mapping tutorials around and...yeah.
    2.5/10 just for trying...and originality O.o...

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    I gotta say, IC, I love the shape, even if is gets square sometimes...
    Hang on...why is there moving water in a forest?
    Oh well...
    Grass and trees are pretty well placed...but don't you think a forest would be teeming with wild Pokemon? *cough* Ilex Forest *cough*

8.5/10

1 noobish question.
    What's teeming?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    It means full of...or something like it...xD
    We're going offtopic aren't we?

I give it a 8 out of 10. It looks very natural. The cliffs look weird to me though. :3

Here is the starting town Navzi Town for my Fire Red hack called Naturo Verde.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Wow...nice map and tree placement! The path is strange...but I'm not here to comment on tiles..so yah...
    Well, 8/10...xD

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Erm...been a while since i last posted. Since i figured i like Fire Red tiles better than custom ones, I thought I'd make a map...

Map Rating/Review Thread

It's not completely finished, but i basically finished it. I just got bored of 90 minutes of straight mapping. Comments,crit, and also what more should i add/fix?

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Spoiler:

I don't want to be rude or be like rude but honestly it is bad, very bad.
    Sorry, no imagination, lot of tile errors, and... a lot of empty space. Sorry :/

1/10, like dark lakitu said, just for trying...
    Read some mapping tutorials...

Erm...been a while since i last posted. Since i figured i like Fire Red tiles better than custom ones, I thought I'd make a map...

Spoiler:

It's not completely finished, but i basically finished it. I just got bored of 90 minutes of straight mapping. Comments,crit, and also what more should i add/fix?

It looks good! Though it has some tile errors and some empty space but it good.
    Also the waterfall doesn't looks good it should have like a little mountain for make the water fall from there.

7.5/10

Map name: Updated Eidolon Forest
    Original map: Viridial Forest
    Map (Warning! Big map!):
    Spoiler:

Connections: none
    Credits: CheesePeow for rombase

Ok, it looks good too! But it is kinda squarish and t has some empty space.

For a forest it is recomendable to make like a maze to make it more difficult to pass.
    I like the cave and also the bridge. Cool!

8/10

Years

Map Rating/Review Thread

Oh wow. No offense meant but that is one of the worst maps I have seen. I mean, it is actually so obvious that it is bad EVEN TO THE MAKER that it's almost like you intentianally put it up just to see the reviews. -_-

0.5 for trying.

It means full of...or something like it...xD
    We're going offtopic aren't we?

Wow...nice map and tree placement! The path is strange...but I'm not here to comment on tiles..so yah...
    Well, 8/10...xD

Well thank you. :3 The path is my favorite part! XD

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Vellos Town

Sorry about the quality... I had to reduce it a lot for it to fit here... (I have no other place to put it, computer is retarded...)

This is Vellos town, a spacious town in the heart of a large valley, the waters unusual currents caused the natural bridges to form above its crystal clear waters! ^_^ This is the first map I ever took seriously, please rate it, and I would like feedback, on how I could improve! (BTW, I made a few of the tiles there, but I suck at tile making, so I only made a few easy ones... If only I knew a good tileset maker...)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Sorry, but it's too patchy.
    Just upload it onto ImageShack and post a link or insert an image (with the button thingo next to hyperlink).

Well, I can see a bit...so...I'll rate what I can understand.

You say there are "currents" but...the water has NO currents. Eh?
    Also, if that's a bridge, then it shouldn't be the same level above the water as the ground around...
    Well, I'll rate it properly once I can see it...
    But, just a thing.
    I don't think anyone, be it in the game or real life, would want to have a town with gaps that big between the houses.
    Sure, it can be spacious, but think literally!

PS. About the tiles, from what I can see, they look fine! :)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Sorry, but it's too patchy.
    Just upload it onto ImageShack and post a link or insert an image (with the button thingo next to hyperlink).

Well, I can see a bit...so...I'll rate what I can understand.

You say there are "currents" but...the water has NO currents. Eh?
    Also, if that's a bridge, then it shouldn't be the same level above the water as the ground around...
    Well, I'll rate it properly once I can see it...
    But, just a thing.
    I don't think anyone, be it in the game or real life, would want to have a town with gaps that big between the houses.
    Sure, it can be spacious, but think literally!

PS. About the tiles, from what I can see, they look fine! :)

Ahh, I see, I was planning on adding more houses, but I wanted to see what others thought... about the current... it is more under water currents, that wore away all but what is showing above ground... (It ties into a major event in the storyline of the hack I plan to make!) This should work better... hehe it is BIG btw... 1200 X 1200 pixels

Spoiler:

I give it a 8 out of 10. It looks very natural. The cliffs look weird to me though. :3

Here is the starting town Navzi Town for my Fire Red hack called Naturo Verde.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Hmm... I think it looks like Petalburg City, with some buildings replaced and a few things thrown in... Also... that path, it is a bit squiggly. Try straightening it out and lining it up with the buildings if you can do that.

I give it a 5/10 for squigly path and close similarity to petalburg o.o

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Holy shitaki mushrooms!!!!
    That's one HUGE map!
    It's nice...but I don't like what you did to the edges...

It's...scarily big...REALLY scarily big.
    Well, I love the shape of the rocks, musta taken you a little bit of time, eh?
    There are tile errors in the mountains (sand, see?)
    Well, the bland empty areas have a lot of stuff that's in them so...yeah...

It's so empty near the Mart....
    Big maps aren't an awesome idea...they get hard to put things into....so...yah...

6.5/10

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Holy shitaki mushrooms!!!!
    That's one HUGE map!
    It's nice...but I don't like what you did to the edges...

It's...scarily big...REALLY scarily big.
    Well, I love the shape of the rocks, musta taken you a little bit of time, eh?
    There are tile errors in the mountains (sand, see?)
    Well, the bland empty areas have a lot of stuff that's in them so...yeah...

It's so empty near the Mart....
    Big maps aren't an awesome idea...they get hard to put things into....so...yah...

6.5/10

Shitaki Mushrooms... hehehe

I updated the map, I still havent fixed the sand in the mountains (It is part of the tile, i have to go into tile editor and fix....)
    EDIT: I fixed the sand in the mountains, and some other small tile problems... I think I made it better... rating?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Ahh, I see, I was planning on adding more houses, but I wanted to see what others thought... about the current... it is more under water currents, that wore away all but what is showing above ground... (It ties into a major event in the storyline of the hack I plan to make!) This should work better... hehe it is BIG btw... 1200 X 1200 pixels

Spoiler:

Hmm... I think it looks like Petalburg City, with some buildings replaced and a few things thrown in... Also... that path, it is a bit squiggly. Try straightening it out and lining it up with the buildings if you can do that.

I give it a 5/10 for squigly path and close similarity to petalburg o.o

How does it look like petalburg city?

The path is supposed to be squiggly because it is slowly decaying away due to the over growth of plant life. You seriously need to look at my thread. So basically the only reason you gave me a bad rating actually should be reasons why it is good. Maps for games do need to follow the story line you know. -_-

Compare for yourself everyone!

Spoiler:

sPrough93 (8: 20:42 PM): https://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk112/sprough93/3441161754a5419081841m-1.png
    sPrough93 (8: 20:47 PM): Do they look alike at all?
    atomicreactor334 (8:21:20 PM): not in anyway... what so ever
    sPrough93 (8: 21:27 PM): Thank you
    sPrough93 (8: 21:34 PM): someone said they looked alike
    sPrough93 (8: 21:35 PM): -_-
    atomicreactor334 (8: 21:39 PM): wtf

And for your map, I give it a 1.3/10. So SO many map errors. The blue house at the top left has NO windows and it is giant. o.o The map is so empty. Just because it has a lot of stuff that doesn't make it good. You need to make the map smaller. -_-

To make this post from being complete spam...here is a new map. :D

Spoiler:

Oh, I am sorry. Is it too much like Route 1?!

And no, the doduo is NOT on top of the house. -_-

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years

The path is supposed to be squiggly because it is slowly decaying away due to the over growth of plant life. You seriously need to look at my thread. So basically the only reason you gave me a bad rating actually should be reasons why it is good. Maps for games do need to follow the story line you know. -_-

Spoiler:

sPrough93 (8: 20:42 PM): https://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk112/sprough93/3441161754a5419081841m-1.png

And for your map, I give it a 1.3/10. So SO many map errors. The blue house at the top left has NO windows and it is giant. o.o The map is so empty. Just because it has a lot of stuff that doesn't make it good. You need to make the map smaller. -_-

Spoiler:

What kind of idiot would think it looks like Route 1? I mean, it OBVIOUSLY looks like Saffron City. xD

Just...Why is there a RS-able rock behind a TREE?
    Can you REALLY go behind it? O.o

I see.
    The Doduo is behind the house. People events act on tiles like you do...So yah...

Well, I'll give it a 7/10

Years
    What kind of idiot would think it looks like Route 1? I mean, it OBVIOUSLY looks like Saffron City. xD

Just...Why is there a RS-able rock behind a TREE?
    Can you REALLY go behind it? O.o

I see.
    The Doduo is behind the house. People events act on tiles like you do...So yah...

Well, I'll give it a 7/10

1. XD
    2. What to you mean RS-able rock? o.O
    3. Obviously XD
    4. Ok XD

Thank you

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Damn dude, you diddnt have to go batshit insane over it, I just thought it looked like peatlburg, Chill man, were all cool here, this really isnt the place to flip out over a review. XD

Anywho... here is a better map than my last one...
    It is also pretty big, but not as big...
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back