• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    map name:sweetness town
    this is a little plain map by me so i just want people think of my plain maps im much better but as its done in 4:14am in the morning im pretty tired so please vote my map here it is

Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    this is a little plain map by me so i just want people think of my plain maps im much better but as its done in 4:14am in the morning im pretty tired so please vote my map here it is

Map Rating/Review Thread

It's not exactly a town with 1 house...XD
    It's still very good, and the shape is good too. :)
    ...9/10

Cronos

Im Back ;)
    Years
    Map Name:Siberial Town
    Map Game:Fire Red(X-Busters Rombase)
    Map Comments:Starting Town Of The Hack Pokemon Quest For Mewtwo
    Map:

Map Rating/Review Thread

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013

Map Rating/Review Thread

Looks good, nice and simple. Be sure to give credit to give my buddy Kyledove, those being his tiles, everything but the signpost's and the house. Don't quite like the town name IMO.

9/10

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Spoiler:
    Rating: 6/10
    Suggestions:
    Those tiles are really nice but you haven't used them very effectively. That lake is oddly shaped. The paths are not even. Just a whole lot of poor placement.

Map Name:Siberial Town
    Map Game:Fire Red(X-Busters Rombase)
    Map Comments:Starting Town Of The Hack Pokemon Quest For Mewtwo
    Map:
    Spoiler:
    Rating: 0/10
    Suggestions:
    Read some tutorials and look at some maps that are already in the game and maps by some of the better mappers here. I shouldn't even have to say whats wrong with the map, its just terrible. Don't use rom bases either, they are way overused.

Another town I made in firered.
    Spoiler:

Orcheston Town.
    Rating: 3/10
    Suggestions:
    I personally don't agree with this type of mapping but to each his own I guess. Those stairs don't look very good though. I don't like how you have grass in the town either. You should have an exit for the building at the bottom. I don't like the placement of the buildings or trees either. Not too fond of the tiles either.

Sorry if I was too harsh.

My Maps:
    Mt. Berous Level 1
    Spoiler:

Mt. Berous Level 2
    Spoiler:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    OMG!
    You're re-mapping Mt. Berous! And it might give me some inspiration to do that mountain in my hack!

Map 1:
    8/10
    I like the shapes of the mountain and the way the sand was used...
    But the rocks are too bundled together.

Map 2:
    8/10
    Same here, the shape's nice but the rocks are too bunched up.
    They seem to match, too...

Years
    Rating: 6/10
    Suggestions:
    Those tiles are really nice but you haven't used them very effectively. That lake is oddly shaped. The paths are not even. Just a whole lot of poor placement.

Rating: 0/10
    Suggestions:
    Read some tutorials and look at some maps that are already in the game and maps by some of the better mappers here. I shouldn't even have to say whats wrong with the map, its just terrible. Don't use rom bases either, they are way overused.

Rating: 3/10
    Suggestions:
    I personally don't agree with this type of mapping but to each his own I guess. Those stairs don't look very good though. I don't like how you have grass in the town either. You should have an exit for the building at the bottom. I don't like the placement of the buildings or trees either. Not too fond of the tiles either.

Sorry if I was too harsh.

My Maps:
    Mt. Berous Level 1
    Spoiler:

Mt. Berous Level 2
    Spoiler:
    as i said it was done early in the morning and i was tired and a bit drunk even though im 14 lol i can make much better maps

anyway map 1
    its alright not the greatest cave iv seen i give that 6/10

map 2
    its very good i love it keep it up i give you 9/10

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    1 more map by me. :D

Cool! I like it!
    I love the tiles, that are very well known, but cool!
    I like the bridge and the little (lake?).
    The only thing I don't like is how you putted the mart and the other house sooo together.
    Anyway, 8.5/10

Well here I go...

Map Name: Aztec Territory.
    Map Game: Pokémon Zephyr
    Map Comments: Credtis to sk0ria for the palm tiles, and also the top of the tower is incomplete cause it can't be seen in gameplay so that's it.
    Map (big map):
    Spoiler:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Twilite, you'll be able to see the tower from the top of the trees.
    You need at least 6, 7, or 8 tiles between the tower and the trees to block it from view.

Other than that, lovely!
    The tree placement is great as well as the houses, rocks and whatever.
    8/10

PS. The small rocks remind me of Runescape. O.o

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    Heres the forst town in my upcoming hack.

Map name:Greenleaf town.

Map Game:fire red

Comments:credit to x-buster and forgoten memmory for rom base.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    @riolu 9: Everything is good, but the only thing I found wrong, was at the top of the mountain, ur missing a piece...9/10

@Austinia: Nope, that was just a Rom Base on page 2 of the ROM Hacking Resources thread! XD

Years
    @riolu 9: Everything is good, but the only thing I found wrong, was at the top of the mountain, ur missing a piece...9/10

@Austinia: Nope, that was just a Rom Base on page 2 of the ROM Hacking Resources thread! XD
    yeah i just missed that cause i was in a rush but if you were playing it you couldnt see it anyway thanks for the rate

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back