• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
  • Map Name: ????
    Map Game: Fire Red
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Comments: Okay, I realize that there's some tile errors by the fence on the left and the trees on the top. Ignore them! Anyway, this is just a river that probably connects a town/city to a Route. I was just bored, so I made it!

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    Map Name: Bloom Town

Map Game: FireRed | Veridian City

Comments: Just Rate it Quickly, My VERY First map hack.
    I'm new in hack rom

Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    @Austinia: It seems very nice, and I'm not gonna say it's too square because it's a desert! :P
    The little water supply like the ponds and lake is very good...9.5/10

@Osher99: I'm not gonna rate ur map for obvious reasons...:\

Years
  • @Austinia: It seems very nice, and I'm not gonna say it's too square because it's a desert! :P
    The little water supply like the ponds and lake is very good...9.5/10

@Osher99: I'm not gonna rate ur map for obvious reasons...:\
    lol. You can't demand much in a desert =D If its got water, you gotta live with the square-ness :o

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Too many errors, too empty, too square, and too obvious what place u edited.
    This obviously deserves a...0/10
    Sry for the harsh rating...:\

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Not unless you know the GSC palletes because I've seen your's and the pallete is just a tiny bit different.

Anyway, Austinia, loving it. I like the water, shallow ponds, shape (don't care if it's square) and the cacti placement. Lovely. 8/10

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • First of all you can't use those tiles because they were made by Lex. But i i rate your map. Well its really squarish. the water don't look good.
    4.5/10

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • I finally inserted desert tiles, and most of them are complete. Heres a map I made with them:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Please rate this map for me? :D
    is this for ruby or FR?
    did u take the tiles out of the rombase on your own or did i send mine to you and you just edited the tileset a bit?
    im just wondering

Years
  • is this for ruby or FR?
    did u take the tiles out of the rombase on your own or did i send mine to you and you just edited the tileset a bit?
    im just wondering
    I inserted them myself :p And they are in FireRed.

EDIT: I think its against the rules to double post so I'll add my newest map to this post!

Map Rating/Review Thread

Could someone rate it please? :D

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • those desert maps look truely awesome, the ygive me a good preview of how my desert region will turn out since im using the same tiles^^

i did so many ice maps, theyre so normal to me now that i like desert once much more xD
    i think ill continue mapping LoF now

edit: what do you think of my latest map:
    Map Name: Shaqiu
    Hack: Legend of Fenju
    Game: FireRed
    Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Comments: First Village of Huoshi

and pls tell me, whicch palette would you prefer, the first one or this one:
    Spoiler:

i think the sand iss better in the first one and the roofs, plants and mountains look better in the second one, so ill probably mix em up

Last edited:

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • Okay, back to rating maps. Like db, I am very critical and harsh with my ratings. Maybe not AS harsh, but still harsh. Here we go!

I finally inserted desert tiles, and most of them are complete. Heres a map I made with them:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Please rate this map for me? :D

There is ONE thing I like, sort of. And that is the placement of the houses. The tiles are gorgeous. But. The map saddens me. The river on top looks so awkward along with the fence around the whole town, that just looks bad. And in terms of pokemon gameplay, there so many places for him to exit the town. I don't like the area behind the mart.
    3.5/10

Map Name: Bloom Town

Map Game: FireRed | Veridian City

Comments: Just Rate it Quickly, My VERY First map hack.
    I'm new in hack rom

Map Rating/Review Thread

Too many flowers together. Lots of emptiness. Many tile errors. Weird placement and bad overall structure.
    1/10

Fosleaf town.jpg
    fosleaf
    ruby
    i like

Boxy, random placement of houses. Random lake which feels disconnected with the rest of the map. Palette is weird and disalarming.
    1/10

I inserted them myself :p And they are in FireRed.

EDIT: I think its against the rules to double post so I'll add my newest map to this post!

Map Rating/Review Thread

Could someone rate it please? :D

Now, this is MUCH, MUCH better. I LOVE the concept of this map, with the river flowing inbetween and coming off the mountain into the desert. I love that idea! And I think you pulled it off pretty nicely. I enjoy the bottom area. There is just enough trees and rocks. There are only 2 things I would address. The house tiles, don't seem to fit well in the rocky area. And the right area of the mountain, it feels disconnected and out of place. Make the are more shapely.
    8/10

those desert maps look truely awesome, the ygive me a good preview of how my desert region will turn out since im using the same tiles^^

i did so many ice maps, theyre so normal to me now that i like desert once much more xD
    i think ill continue mapping LoF now

edit: what do you think of my latest map:
    Map Name: Shaqiu
    Hack: Legend of Fenju
    Game: FireRed
    Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Comments: First Village of Huoshi

and pls tell me, whicch palette would you prefer, the first one or this one:
    Spoiler:

i think the sand iss better in the first one and the roofs, plants and mountains look better in the second one, so ill probably mix em up

Alright, the map itself first. Nice tiles. My issues with this map are:
    It feels crowded.
    The house on the left feels too close to the exit.
    The gray rocks do not fit in the desert.
    Everything else seems alright. It's a nice little town. I think the placement of the houses could be improved though. Make the map a little bigger.
    6/10

As for which palette, I leave you instead with a question.
    Do you want a more evil looking town, or a happier, more pleasant town?
    Cause the first palette gives the town this dark and mysterious look such as in the old western movies.
    The second palette gives it a more welcoming and inviting town look.
    :]

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • Alright, the map itself first. Nice tiles. My issues with this map are:
    It feels crowded.
    The house on the left feels too close to the exit.
    The gray rocks do not fit in the desert.
    Everything else seems alright. It's a nice little town. I think the placement of the houses could be improved though. Make the map a little bigger.
    6/10

As for which palette, I leave you instead with a question.
    Do you want a more evil looking town, or a happier, more pleasant town?
    Cause the first palette gives the town this dark and mysterious look such as in the old western movies.
    The second palette gives it a more welcoming and inviting town look.
    :]

I noticed those 3 things too already
    but i dont think theyre too bad, so i jsut posted the map to look what other ppl think about them. i think ill change tose things

about the palettes: ive decided to take the second one, but with another palette. the sand is darker as in the first image, but still more yellow, not so orange

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back