• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Hi guys, It's been a long time since i last visited this forum and it has also been a long time since i've made some maps.
    But i just made one:) and here it is!
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    This map isn't bad. :)
    The shape is fine, some tiles look weird(but I'm not rating that. :mudkip;):), there are a few empty spaces, and the path is used decently. :)
    Hmm...8/10
    It's very nice. :)
    Just add onto those empty spaces. :mudkip;):

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    >Suoert

Your map is well done, the tiles and palletes are great.
    I only think you should fill some empty spaces.
    But nice map though.

Rating: 8.5/10
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Thanks for the support, I know it's a bit empty, but then again i made it in 15 minutes or less.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I think I should take a break from rating your maps. After that last rating essay, I think I should rate other people's maps.
    Hah. Yeah dude, I kinda meant short and sweet for that map :P Like maybe 2 sentences, but whatever. I'm cool with it.
    Hi guys, It's been a long time since i last visited this forum and it has also been a long time since i've made some maps.
    But i just made one:) and here it is!
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    The tree tiles kinda look weird, and there is some empty space. Also, the very first tile in the south western corner is missing. Maybe thicken things up with more trees and add more shape to the water. 5/10

(I rate harshly incase you haven't already realized.)

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I did this map today.
    Credits: Neti
    Please rate, and give suggestions.
    Thanks

https://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=routetu7.png
    Rating: 8/10
    Suggestions: Certainly not a bad map. Looks like you're going to have a bit of trouble with the border. I think you've tried to emphasise the natural-ness of the map a bit too much. The paths look great. The lake puzzle is well made. At first glance it is a 10/10 map, theres just some small things that let it down.

Heres one of my own, the first map I've done in over 2 months so it won't be the best.
    Map Name: Fiore City
    Spoiler:

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Dshayabusa, Thanks for the rating.
    For the border, do you mean border block?
    If yes, my map has three connections >left, right and down(you can walk down)
    So the border block will only appear on the upper side of the map.
    Anyways thanks for the suggestions
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    The tree tiles kinda look weird, and there is some empty space. Also, the very first tile in the south western corner is missing. Maybe thicken things up with more trees and add more shape to the water. 5/10

(I rate harshly incase you haven't already realized.)

Well, atleast you are fair and i like that. but your right about the empty space,
    i just don't know what to put there

I did this map today.
    Thanks

I like it! But is that a poké center in the right? cause it's missing the poké sign.
    but the rest is just great! I like the bridge 8/10

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Thanks suoert for the rate.
    And yes it's a Poke Center. I deleted the sign by mistake.
    Thanks again.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Here's another map from me:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    the mountain is screwed up, and it looks really plain.
    the tileset goes badly with it since its mainly used for big cities, and your city is very cramped for its size.
    Other than those, tile errors all around.
    Rating:4/10
    suggestions: make the mountains not follow a set path, change the tileset or change how much room there is, and just don't make it so cramped.
    that AND, fix the till errors, they look hideous.

Heres one of my own, the first map I've done in over 2 months so it won't be the best.
    Map Name: Fiore City
    Spoiler:
    i like it, the trees are positioned good and it doesn't seem crowded or too roomy.
    the tileset looks good on it and it really fits with the road.
    however, i don't like it when there are two roads in a city instead of one main one.
    not only that, but there aren't any small trees there, it seems a bit empty in some spots.
    Rating:8/10
    suggestions:Add small trees and please try to make it one path.

I did this map today.
    Thanks

it looks pretty good.
    However, there are many problems with it.
    the trees shouldn't have a "bottom" on them at the bottom of the map, it screws up the connection and just looks disturbing.
    there are two open spaces down, which doesn't seem like you wanted them.
    and also, the PC is pretty pointless, because after one route, there is usually a city or cave.
    Unless you plan on putting a cave there, the PC doesn't look good.
    rating:7/10
    suggestions: fix the PC, don't add "those tiles" to the bottom of the trees when they are at the bottom of the map, and fix the parts that allow you to go places that you aren't supposed to go to.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Thanks, ~Fire for the comment.
    I fixed it up a bit.
    As for the PC, I placed it because this route doesn't lead to a city nor a cave,
    I leads from the right to another route, from the left, where you come from a cave
    and down there is just an event. There are many trainers to face, so I think a PC would be needed.

But again thank you for the suggestions. If the PC is disturbing, I'll try to figure out a way not to use it.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Thanks, ~Fire for the comment.
    I fixed it up a bit.
    As for the PC, I placed it because this route doesn't lead to a city nor a cave,
    I leads from the right to another route, from the left, where you come from a cave
    and down there is just an event. There are many trainers to face, so I think a PC would be needed.

But again thank you for the suggestions. If the PC is disturbing, I'll try to figure out a way not to use it.
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    oh, well that makes it a lot better.
    I would give it a better rating though if you posted that there was a cave near it.

Map name: Harmony of the earth
    Mapped ROM: Fire Red
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    the trees are in a normal military like order, the flowers and dirt path are disturbing with its symmetry, the flowers are all bunched up, and the mountain just looks to disturbing with its symmetry, like before.
    However, the shape of the lake is pretty nice, i like it.
    rating:6/10
    suggestions: Make it much less symmetrical, whether or not its supposed to be natural.
    and i know this doesn't matter, but i think you should change the palettes into something more subtle.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    since a cave seems better near the PC, then I improved the map(I think)
    (I'll fix the cave more later)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2024
    Map Name: Remal Village

Map Game:
    FireRed

Comments: Newest Map ^_^ Rate it ! Thanks~~

Mapshot:

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    since a cave seems better near the PC, then I improved the map(I think)
    (I'll fix the cave more later)
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Rating: 9/10
    Reason: Looks like a great route map. I like the placement of the PC and the cave right next to it. The problem is that you can actually get off from the border. I like the little bridge accross and the icy lakes. It looks very neat.
    Suggestions: Nothing really XD.
    Map Name: Remal Village

Map Game:
    FireRed

Comments: Newest Map ^_^ Rate it ! Thanks~~

Mapshot:

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Rating: 7/10
    Reason: Pretty much squarish, don't you think? You shouldn't place two houses next to eachother like that. I like the idea of the PC but it looks a little wierd. But the pathway looks nice and the little lake running through the town.
    Suggestions: Don't place the two houses together. And you should use some more greenery.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Map name: Harmony of the earth
    Mapped ROM: Fire Red
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Suggestions:Try to make some of it less symmetrical(like Fire said), other than thta, It's a nice map!
    Rating: 8/10
    Comments: I know this isn't part of the grading scale, but maybe try to change up the palettes. The mountain palettes are freaky, the darkest color of brown dosen't go with the othr colors of brown. The trees are that way too. I liek the colors, just try to make them flow better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back