• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
  • Well, I fixed it. I was wondering more about the layout etc.

OFFTOPIC: Like the palette change?

EDIT: Updated it a bit...

Last edited:

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • Map Name: Debu Town
    Map Game: Fire Red
    Comments: A complete overhaul of the Debu Town map for my hack Pokémon Kyanite. The house with the green roof is your home. You might ask why there is a Gym in the first Town, that's because it plays a huge part in the story. Also, it is run by your dad.
    I tried to give the trees and mountain a natural look. This was the first time I did such a tree placement, so I hope it turned out quite nice.
    Ignore the random grass placement (not the pokémon grass). Grosser block doesn't work on this computer, so I can't use it to make the real patern.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Map Name: Debu Town
    Map Game: Fire Red
    Comments: A complete overhaul of the Debu Town map for my hack Pokémon Kyanite. The house with the green roof is your home. You might ask why there is a Gym in the first Town, that's because it plays a huge part in the story. Also, it is run by your dad.
    I tried to give the trees and mountain a natural look. This was the first time I did such a tree placement, so I hope it turned out quite nice.
    Ignore the random grass placement (not the pokémon grass). Grosser block doesn't work on this computer, so I can't use it to make the real patern.
    Overall, not bad. However, there are way too many flowers, and they are way too close together, and there are no paths anywhere. Replace most of those flowers with a paths. I really do like the look of the forest and mountains though, so you earn a 7/10.

Well, I fixed it. I was wondering more about the layout etc.

OFFTOPIC: Like the palette change?

EDIT: Updated it a bit...
    The layout is nice, but too small for my tastes, and putting a sign in front of every building doesn't look right to me. As I've come to know it, a sign is used to show that a building is super important. If you have 4 signs and 3 buildings, it loses that feel. The palette is nice though.

7/10

Last edited:
    Years
  • Map Name: Solo village

Map Game: Fire red

Comments: This is a map for my hack. I changed the flower to blue cause i thought blue would look cool. And a tile of the pokemoncenter looks wierd but i couldnt fix it

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Map Name: Solo village

Comments: This is a map for my hack. I changed the flower to blue cause i thought blue would look cool. And a tile of the pokemoncenter looks wierd but i couldnt fix it

I would rate this map 6/10 for layout.

I see some issues, for example the Sign has a rock in front of it, not very practical. I also don't like the twisting fence and the bush, make them so they don't bend back on themselves.

Add some single trees to the middle, to replace some of the small bushes.

Take a blocks length off the Pokemon center as it looks too big.

I'm not too fond of the flowers as they seem a bit too dark... see if you can lighten them.

With those changes it will look a lot better! :D

Edit//: Just noticed the border is small trees. Although this might look good in the map view, ingame it will look very weird as, whilst standing at the edge of your map, all the border will look block like as its just small trees. Try adding more around the outside edges so its less noticable.

Years
  • I would rate this map 6/10 for layout.

I see some issues, for example the Sign has a rock in front of it, not very practical. I also don't like the twisting fence and the bush, make them so they don't bend back on themselves.

Add some single trees to the middle, to replace some of the small bushes.

Take a blocks length off the Pokemon center as it looks too big.

With those changes it will look a lot better! :D

Thnx you. Il make those changes and realy thnx for the changes i needed to make. Il post the new one in a bit

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    Random Map

name-Hopewell
    game-From Fire Red
    comments-I Need Suggestions- they feed my brain....... town from a hack that never existed

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    name-Hopewell
    game-From Fire Red
    comments-I Need Suggestions- they feed my brain....... town from a hack that never existed

4/10

Its very square and theres lots of empty space. The tileset is abusive to the eyes as the green is radioactive coloured. Move the buildings around a bit and don't leave such empty spaces - use trees, rocks, paths etc.

Functionality-wise the map also doesn't go too well. The tree in front of the cave entrance looks silly - why would a tree grow in that exact spot? Add some other normal trees around it.

You can also technically get off the map as there are gaps in the border.

Also, did this by any change used to be Pallet Town? If so, it needs more altering.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    4/10

Its very square and theres lots of empty space. The tileset is abusive to the eyes as the green is radioactive coloured. Move the buildings around a bit and don't leave such empty spaces - use trees, rocks, paths etc.

Functionality-wise the map also doesn't go too well. The tree in front of the cave entrance looks silly - why would a tree grow in that exact spot? Add some other normal trees around it.

You can also technically get off the map as there are gaps in the border.

Also, did this by any change used to be Pallet Town? If so, it needs more altering.
    ok, thank you for the advise- and no, i made that map from scratch- i'll try again

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Good Morning,
    my name is Red-eX.
    I'm new here and my english is bad, cause I'm from Germany.
    But I think my Map say's all what I want to say :D
    hxxp://img3.imagebanana.com/img/11ukivij/Route6013.DIB.png
    U must do http and not hxxp ;D

Years
  • Map Name: Solo village

Comments: This is a map for my hack. Its my redone map. No blue flowers and still the pokemon center is messed up in one tile or two

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    name-Hopewell
    game-From Fire Red
    here is try 2- hope it's better- insults are suggestions to, so get ur fill...

Years
  • Good Morning,
    my name is Red-eX.
    The tile's are nice, but the map has abit to much space, so fill some space up with trees.:)
    I'll give this map a 5/10.
    Once you've improved it, post it here again.;)

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    Years
  • destinedjagold said:
    MAP NAME: Sinister Woods First Floor
    MAP GAME: Pokémon Ruby U.S. Version
    COMMENT: Don't send me comments about this map or anything related to remaking Rescue Rangers... I was bored one time while hacking Life of Guardians, so I made this map for Rescue Rangers... Nothing special, I suppose...
    MAP SHOT:

Spoiler:

Edit:
    Woot!
    First post in page 137! :D

O.O This Map looks exactly like the original dungeons in Pokemon MD^^ The tiles are very nicely inserted! Great compliment! The only thing that bugs me: The Map is really simple, too simple so I'll give you 8/10... And congratulations for the first post in page 137 xD

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Map Name: Cave-O (Level 1)
    Map Game: Ruby
    Comments: Sort of an experiment. The cave's entrance is at the end of a lake. It leads up to the top of a cliff. The spotlight on the top ladder indicates that it leads up to a brighter level that, in turn, leads to open air.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
    Comments: Sort of an experiment. The cave's entrance is at the end of a lake. It leads up to the top of a cliff. The spotlight on the top ladder indicates that it leads up to a brighter level that, in turn, leads to open air.

One of the better cave maps I've seen. Seems a bit easy though. Maybe add another level? I couldn't find any tile errors either.
    Overall, a 9/10.

Ok, here's my map

Name: Boldur Shrine
    Comments: This is the shrine of a deceased Golem which was Marty's, the Gym Leader of Boldur City. The evil team, Team Chaos kidnapped it as a Graveler and made it evolve.
    Marty got it back fortunatly, however in a battle when team Chaos tried to kidnap it again, it accidently called a Rock slide and neatly killed Marty. It sacrificed itself to save his trainer and the Chaos grunts were arrested. Marty never forgot this act or his faitful Pokemon so he made a shrine for it.

Spoiler:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Loving the Ruby tiles, Rabbit. =P

... Actually, I love the whole thing. >.< Can't see a single fault, but the entrance looks shifty. :\ It's brilliant, although there might be some border problems...

10/10

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Looking good. A definite 10/10. There is one minor thing though. At the water entrance, I think the cliff behind the water shouldn't be lit up. Oh, and as Ninja said, there are border problems.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I've made a map too!

https://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1783/cave.png

Doesn't have a name, but it's made in FR. Yeah, I imported the tiles for Moonshine. Just getting the feel of the tiles. Note that at the jelly place, there's no tile error, the mountan can be (and is, in Meteor Falls) used that way. Also, never mind the border, as it's not going into a game.
    Oh, and there's a tile error just above the bridge in the mountain.

Good Morning,
    my name is Red-eX.
    Nice map. The mountains look good, as do the trees and the grass. 8/10

The tile's are nice, but the map has abit to much space, so fill some space up with trees.:)
    I'll give this map a 5/10.
    Once you've improved it, post it here again.;)
    Pray tell why the hell that deserves a 5 of all things? That's a pretty good map, and there's no "empty" space, there're sandy areas and non-sandy areas and grass. Only the mountain is empty, but that can't be helped. >_> noobnoobnoob

Last edited:

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    I've made a map too!

Map Rating/Review Thread

Doesn't have a name, but it's made in FR. Yeah, I imported the tiles for Moonshine. Just getting the feel of the tiles. Note that at the jelly place, there's no tile error, the mountan can be (and is, in Meteor Falls) used that way. Also, never mind the border, as it's not going into a game.
    i'm not one to judge maps, but i say 9/10
    (9 because there is a little something bothering me- up around the bridge something doesn't seem right....
    right around here-----------------------------( v ) right there
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back