• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
  • Map Name: Northern Island
    Game: FireRed
    Comments: I didn't want to do my homework.
    Map Shot: https://i28.tinypic.com/jgqqeq.png

I like the complexity of the island, and the layout of the flowers and obstacles are to my liking.

I don't like the amount of space to get around on the island, for example, each level of the island has, a majority of the time, only a width of 1 tile to move about on if you get my grasp. In addition, I don't like the small hole type thing on the right of the island where the water has formed. It looks unnatural. I also think you should remove some Pokeballs, seeing as there are far to many.

8/10.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Map Name: Some random Route

Map Game: Emerald

Comments: This map took... 10-15 minutes... lol. I'm still practicing my mapping skills... this is just one of my practice maps. The borders don't work properly yet... but It would be an easy fix once you connected it. (Oh yeah, and the kid in the middle is a trainer that hides behind a tree disguise.)

An updated version:
    Spoiler:

Can't believe I forgot flowers... like I said, this was an extremely fast map, so I just didn't think about it. Also, just to avoid any confusion, the attachment is the original, and the one in spoilers is the updated version.

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • Map Name: Some random Route

Map Game: Emerald

Comments: This map took... 10-15 minutes... lol. I'm still practicing my mapping skills... this is just one of my practice maps. The borders don't work properly yet... but It would be an easy fix once you connected it. (Oh yeah, and the kid in the middle is a trainer that hides behind a tree disguise.)

I like it, except the lack of flowers. Adding flowers gives a more natural feel to any outside map, for sure. Also, there is a tile error on your mountain, HERE.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • I'm sorry but those paths are disgusting. They are ridiculed with, quite obvious, tile errors.
    There aren't any tile errors that I can see (given the path system in R/S/E).

However, Wind~, I'm not a fan of those little indents you used. The flowers are also a little too abundant in my opinion.
    It's hard for me to comment on the tree shadows as I'm not familiar with the correct way to do them in R/S/E but by FR/LG standards, they are just awful D:
    As for tall grass placement, again I think you used too much. The player is pretty much guaranteed to run into a wild pokémon in each patch. Also, that optional patch is too close to the southern patch; I think it'd look a lot better on the west side of the map, so as to give all three patches some space in between (unless, of course, there is a map connected to the left of this one. I assumed, since it was Route One, that there were only two connections, those being north and south)
    Eh, not much else to comment on. The concept of this map is pretty simple so there's not a whole heck of a lot to talk about. It could be a lot better though with some touches here and there. It just looks a little bland right now. Try to spice it up a bit, 'kay? :3

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I Guess I'll Have A REEEEALLY BAD Go.
    hmmm.... u really need to post a screenshot not the map.
    rating: 3/10
    not discouraging you. there are tile errors and the map is ummm.. blank? you can add some trees in the middle, some flowerd, add a path. ok? i know u will definitely improve next time!

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
    Years
  • Map Rating: 5/10 Not bad, but just some errors and the map looks too plain. I posted a picture where map errors are.

Elite Salamance09!

Last edited:

M4CK_M4YN3

Felix_The_Cat
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2012
    i really like what you did with the pokemon center and mart cool tiles overall map 7/10

im trying to uplaod a map but i need 15 posts how lame

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back