• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    guys can you please rate my cave map

map name : Cave maze

rom : ruby

https://spidermight.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=49925094

Happily. It isn't really too good. You haven't used the entrances right in the bottom left corner, resulting in errors. There is also a border error at the top, the mountains are too square as well. The top looks especially wrong, as it looks like you could walk on the border, as does the right hand side. Also, the rocks aren't naturally placed, likse they were placed there.

Helpful Hint: Make the map be surrounded by cliff sides, and never mix outside maps with indoors. Place the rocks more naturally, and the mountain shapes as well. Fix the cave entrance errors as well. Also, it isn't that much of a maze.

Rating: 3/10

Years
  • Apparently I have to do this...?
    Name: To be decided.
    Game: FireRed
    Comments: Credits to Kyledove for the tiles. This town doesn't have a name yet. I have the story all planned out for my hack though, and I have a good feeling that I can complete it eventually. Until I get some more of the game done no information about it will be posted. Other than maps. =) Please tell me how I can improve on my maps if their are things you do not like. Thanks.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • tree placement is perfect a little to much rocks at sea and the rodes are a little beit square overall almost perfect just a couple of mistakes 9.5/10

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Apparently I have to do this...?
    Name: To be decided.
    Game: FireRed
    Comments: Credits to Kyledove for the tiles. This town doesn't have a name yet. I have the story all planned out for my hack though, and I have a good feeling that I can complete it eventually. Until I get some more of the game done no information about it will be posted. Other than maps. =) Please tell me how I can improve on my maps if their are things you do not like. Thanks.
    Spoiler:

Hi there Austinia. Great map you have there. Everything is placed nicely across of it.
    I would like to make a few small suggestions though:
    1.) There is only one type of ground decoration and that's the one blue flower. It's a little repetitive, and is a bit boring to the eye. I suggest maybe adding some different colored flowers or something.
    2.) The grass placed around the edge of the cliffs is very square, which exacerbates the grid. If you fix that it would lose all traces of the grid.

Overall, it's a beautiful map. I would love to play your hack with this map in it someday. ^^

Rating: 9/10

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 3
    Tools Used: Advance Map, MS Paint (XP)
    Tile Source: Synyster_Lili, Me, Nintendo and Kyledove
    Comments: The new Route 3 of Infernal Legend
    Map:
    Spoiler:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • looks great the dirt area near the right could be filled in with more rocks its a little bit empty and theres no gradual change from grass to rock
    also its not very unique. try to be more creative with your maps
    9/10

Years
  • Spoiler:

Just wanted to post an update of my last map.

I think I made it a bit better. (:

Does anyone have any suggestions on decorations for the beach and water? :/ It looks so empty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Spoiler:

It's been a while since I have heard from you, so I'll try to give this the most proper rating that I can.

The first thing I've noticed is that the trees are very spread out and random-ish. However, when you aren't careful, this WILL spell border errors, and plenty of them. I won't take off points for this time, but next time I will.
    The second thing I noticed was that you used one type of boulder. I don't like that, as it shows a lot of constituency(hopefully that is the right one.) You don't even have a small rock tile anywhere in the map, and that is a necessity in my book when making maps with hills or mountains. The flowers are consistent, but they absolutely dominate the map. I know it isn't true, but it looks like there are more flower tiles than grass tiles. I hope you can fix that next time. The hills are pretty bad in my opinion, I never really liked hills that went straight forward for more than 5 blocks unless there was a waterfall. The same thing can be said for the beach, excluding the waterfall obviously :/
    The paths aren't bad, but they aren't good either. They can be made better, but they're okay as they are. The only thing that just irritates me is that little dead end at the top right. The only way I like dead ends is in a natural place, not somewhere domesticated. I can only imagine the people saying "hey, lets put a dead end in this small town just because dead ends are the shiz", and clearly, dead ends are almost never seen in small towns. That is all I can think of for now, so this should be it. And if you wanted a numbered rating, I'd have to give it a 6.8/10. None of the rating was altered by the tiles. The only way I could do that is if the tiles are absolutely horrid, which is clearly not the case here. If you don't think that my rating was how you thought it should be, then please leave me a VM or PM./walloftext

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
  • Map Name: Bikanei Cave
    Map Game: Pokemon: WARPED (base = fire red)
    Map comments: Here is a nice and squarish map for you master mappers all to comment on how much my mapping sucks. Please give me your opinion and what you think I can improve on. Cheers.

Spoiler:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Map Name: Bikanei Cave
    Map Game: Pokemon: WARPED (base = fire red)
    Map comments: Here is a nice and squarish map for you master mappers all to comment on how much my mapping sucks. Please give me your opinion and what you think I can improve on. Cheers.

Spoiler:

It's alright, I guess. The rock in the middle doesn't look quite right though. First off, it looks like it goes into the roof because the other walls are only as tall, so made the border walls taller to fix that. Secondly, the path at the top is too small. Make it go a tile or two further up.

The area around it is a bit redundant, maybe you could close off the back end by moving the border wall in a bit. :| Or you could just shrink the map. 8D

And one last thing, save it as a PNG, please. Image quality is horribad.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Just wanted to post an update of my last map.

I think I made it a bit better. (:

Does anyone have any suggestions on decorations for the beach and water? :/ It looks so empty.

Hmm is looks really pretty - 9/10. What I like about it is that everything looks so natural, yet playable, Improvments would be to vary the rocks that you use, try and use some smaller rocks to make it look better and more diverse.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • hey i already posted this but you may want an un-thumbnailed version

Artifact Valley
    Rom-Firered
    tool-Advance Map
    Spoiler:

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
    Years
  • hey i already posted this but you may want an un-thumbnailed version

Artifact Valley
    Rom-Firered
    tool-Advance Map
    Spoiler:

...... Wow! The complexness of the map would be rated.... 3
    Map neatness and creativity....2
    so total... 5/10

I gave this mark because there are lots of obvious errors that I believe don't need to be pointed out....

Hope you improve... EliteSalamance09

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    well, here are 3 of the 7 grapefruit islands

game: orange kanto
    rom: fire red

i need better buildings and whirlpools, so please ignore these
    when rating.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023

when rating.

RATING: 0/10
    REASON: Do I have to say it? This is a map rating/review thread. Everything your map has will count. There's no rule to ignore something. You have a lot of tile/block errors.
    SUGGESTION: Go read some mapping tutorials and understand how to use tiles/blocks properly.

NatureKeeper

when rating.

When will the excitement begin?

Rating : 1\10
    Cause: I see no human touch, nothing in the sea, But I like the tiles, but you really messed up with the tile used
    Recommend: Enlarge the maps to hold some human touch, and the add houses and random nature,

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • i improved my grape fruit islands

Rating - 4/10.
    Comments - These look slightly better but there are tile tile errors and the overall maps look bad.

Improvements - look at other people's maps to find inspiration to make good maps.

----------------------------------------------------

My map now.

Name: Route 25
    Credits: Me, Zel, Kyledove, Nintendo, & Synyster_Lili
    Comments: Route 25 from Infernal Legend
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back