• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating Thread

Rexo

Rexo
Years
  • To: Neo Spriteman.
    you're map has a lot of variation because of the different buildings and houses and stuff. At the bottom the grass placement is fine but at the top with the small mountain layer, I say you should leave that out because it's only one piece of grass. If you want to putt grass into your map, make a bush just like beneath. Also, the mountains are fine, but trying different layers could give it a bit extra. I like the cave and the bridge. From 1 to 10, I should say it's a 6.3.

Obscurum intus

Darkness Within
    Years
  • Map Name: Elmridge City

Map Editor: RPG Maker XP

Comments: This is a map in my yet to be revealed project Pokemon: Galaxy Version. I like it a lot, but need opinions. Like? Hate?

Mapshot:
    ElmridgeCity.png
    I would give this map 7.5/10,
    I really like how the map is set out but the black outlines on the buildings make them look un-pokemonish.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2011
    Map Name: Route 721
    Map Editor:Tiled
    Comments: The first route in my game project. I'm not too good at things like flower positioning, but i think I did pretty weel on this one.
    In game, the shorter wild grass only grows in areas where there isn't much traffic, or are less well kept. Pokémon do appear in it, but rearly, and its often more powerful, bigger Pokémon.
    Mapshot: Is the attachment (I can't post links yet >.<)

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Map Name: Route 721
    Map Editor:Tiled
    Comments: The first route in my game project. I'm not too good at things like flower positioning, but i think I did pretty weel on this one.
    In game, the shorter wild grass only grows in areas where there isn't much traffic, or are less well kept. Pokémon do appear in it, but rearly, and its often more powerful, bigger Pokémon.
    Mapshot: Is the attachment (I can't post links yet >.<)

For the most part its good mate, however, there seems to be quite a few open empty areas, I would consider filling them up a little, just scattering a few trees about con do wonders, and with NPC's in place it would look great.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Pokemon_Lab_Updated_by_PeekyChew.png

Check it out, XENOTIME's lab. Took ages to get it to look like a busy working place. What do you think?
    Credits: Alucus, Scarex3wer, BoOmxBiG and someone else...

Last edited:

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2012
    @dudleyspud: Hmm, what I first notice about this map is a bad mix of tiles. You've got the smaller Pallet town house, they're fine, but then you've got the larger one, which just looks silly compared to the rest of the map. Then there's the badly ripped HG/SS gym, it doesn't look good right now, but may if it was a better version (like GNCs). The lab at the top is blurred as you didn't input it into the tile set correctly, also it doesn't match at all. The rest is good. By the way, to get rid of the lines go onto layer 3, click view and then current layers and bleow and unclick dim layers.

@jim42: Firstly, half the size and it'll look better. It's hard to get the HG/SS map style right, but you've done it. It's not square at all. The only thing missing is the water shading, uif you add that it'll look a lot better.

Route1.png

The first route in my game, XENOTIME. The southern entrance is from the hometown, north is the next town and west is a special area.
    Credits: Kyledove and Alistair. All pallets mine, do not steal.

Where do you get those grass tiles from. Im assuming its part of Dews old tiles. Could you PM me the auto tiles.

Map looks great. I love the trees any everything.

CeFurkan0

Pokemon MMORPG PokemonCraft
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    i need HG/SS some maps to be ripped of

i will pay money for this job

i want maps like this

HGSS_Route_8.png

please pm me if you are interested in

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • MD
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015

i want maps like this

HGSS_Route_8.png

Sigh... First of all, this is not the right place to post this. Go to the team recruitment thread or something. And since I'm here, I might as well post a map.
    RandomRoute2.png

Just a random route.

i want maps like this

HGSS_Route_8.png

Sigh... First of all, this is not the right place to post this. Go to the team recruitment thread or something. And since I'm here, I might as well post a map.
    Spoiler:

Just a random route.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    This is the new starting town for my game, Pokemon Promethium. It's name is WindSwept Village

WindSwept_Village_by_Dudleyspud.png

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
    Years
  • Rate PLease

Okay Guy's I'm Really New To Mapping But Thought I Could Give It A Shot And Map: Littleroot Town, Route 101, And Oldale Town.

View attachment 54978

Also Like I Said Begginer

Credit's:

Alucus of Borg
    Dewity
    pokemondiamond

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Okay Guy's I'm Really New To Mapping But Thought I Could Give It A Shot And Map: Littleroot Town, Route 101, And Oldale Town.

View attachment 54978

Credit's:

I Know This Is Bad But I'm EXTREMELY Forgetful So If You Notice Who's Tiles These Are Please tell Me And I Will Edit The Post Thanks!

Caution Large Image!

For being fairly new at mapping, this ain't half bad. Could do with a few improvements such as elevation through the maps with extra tree's and a couple of small paths here and there but other than that good job.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Okay Guy's I'm Really New To Mapping But Thought I Could Give It A Shot And Map: Littleroot Town, Route 101, And Oldale Town.

View attachment 54978

Credit's:

I Know This Is Bad But I'm EXTREMELY Forgetful So If You Notice Who's Tiles These Are Please tell Me And I Will Edit The Post Thanks!

Caution Large Image!

The tiles belong to me, Dewity and pokemondiamond mate, As for the map, it could use work, try and add more details to your maps, such as paths, and fences, trees are also a good way to fill empty space, The tree layout in the route is good, but the town ones are very straight and plain, try and make them look a bit more natural. With the route, try and make it so the player is forced to go through the tall grass. There are a few other things, but ill let you have a look at these first mate, Good luck.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Can someone tell me how they are getting pictures of their maps in here? I'd like to post mine, but I have no clue how they're doing it u.u

If your using RMXP, change your view to X2, then go to View/Dim other layers, and deactivate it, so you can see the full map, and then print screen it, and remove the rest of the image using something like paint or photoshop.

While im here I may as well show 2 new maps for white light.

First is the standard Pokemon Centre, with a couple of overworlds, using my overworld base.

White_Light_Pokecente_revamp_by_Alucus.png

Second is the side on gate building lower floor. (The stairs are not finished yet)

Gate_Building_revamp_WIP_by_Alucus.png

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • Well this is my map of the second town in my game.I know that there aren't any paths in and out but I wanted to get the general map out the way.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Well this is my map of the second town in my game.I know that there aren't any paths in and out but I wanted to get the general map out the way.

Err... a quick tip: never, ever, use rocks as walls or barriers. That's what trees are to be used for, rocks are supposed to decorate the area and should be used sparingly.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • add some flowers or trees to the empty spaces in town to make it appear a little less... empty, seriously though, it'd look much better if you do it.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • @ Karel_Kazuki: The town is too big and too plain. And the random lampposts in the grass out from the street confuse me (aside from the platform behind the Trainer's School, I assume that's where you fight?)
    You should widen the paths... especially if this is where a Trainer's School is; people will be coming and going as if it's a Gym.
    Add more flowers and things... and, since your town doesn't sport much, make the outline less... square. You could get away with it if your town was more vibrant, but it's not. And move the lampposts so that they are right next to the road. The one in the middle of the field by the school has no real use; it's too far from the road to be of use to anyone.

Back