• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Map stops working when I add an offset

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    Is there a script limit for different maps?

I have this one Route (For the sake of this explanation let's call it Route 1). So on Route 1 in advanced map, we have Route 1 (1.1), Route 1 (1.2) and Route 1 (1.3). Overall I probably have roughly 16 Scripts scattered around these three parts of Route 1. However I just added a new Script to Route 1 (1.3) and now it won't let me enter any parts of Route 1. That doesn't make any sense to me. I triple checked and everything is fine with the script. However once I entered it in, when I tested the game there is no way to enter Route 1 without the game freezing. Also it was odd because I added the script to Route 1 (1.3) and when I enter Route 1 (1.1) It still freezes. The game is still working but once you enter you character can't move.

Also it's worth noting that I tried just copying one of the scripts that were already in Route 1, and adding that exact same offset didn't affect the game. (So that game still worked if I used the offset 0x800000 twice in Route 1 along with 15 other offsets. However It didn't like me using 17 offsets.)

Does anyone know what's happening? Is there some type of 16 script limit for each Route? Is there a way past this?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back