• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Maractus] vs Audino

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    To be honest, I found both to be extremely ugly Pokemon. I came to the thread intending on voting for Audino since it gave out large chunks of HP, but after seeing the pictures in the first post.. Although still hideously ugly, Maractus's Dream World picture just looks slightly cuter than Audino's.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Both of them don't seem to be exactly original as already said Audino seems to be a Chansey like pokey, and Maractus like a Cacturne. But unlike Maractus Audio seems way more usueful concerning EXP and Healing(especially in Rumble Blast). Maractus seems to be one of the forgotten pokemon of the generation, I dunno what it is I just don't fine it very appealing. For me it is one of the last options I'd use since there is Snivy line, Simisage, Whimsicott, Lilligant, Ferrothron, Leavanny.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm saddened by the fact Maractus isn't as popular as other Pokémon this generation, it's actually pretty cute and could be as useful as Audino used properly.

But yeah, I agree with Kaori, Maractus is underrated.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Don't like either of them but I especially don't like Audino because it is like a cheap Chansey rehash and Chansey is the best so voting for Maractus. Also DA slaughtered me with it a while ago in battle so I guess it deserves some credit.

Years
    Arrr I voted for Maractus but now I want to change my mind and vote Audino ¬_¬

Audino at least has some purpose in giving a tonne of EXP upon slaying one in battle.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Since I have a dislike for the both of them....I would say that I would pick the one that is most useful to me inside of both Pokemon White and in Pokemon Rumble- so I would have to go with Audino.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Audino for me due to Maractus being fugly and the exp points from beating teh Audinos really helps. Oh and I like the fact that it's a pretty good HM slave too.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Ah... MARACTUS, exactly the kind of Pokémon I call useless :D It really needs an evolution. It's ridiculous, the first time I saw it I seriously wondered if developers were drunk while drawing it... They just mixed a Spinda with a Cacturne, added it flowers and hop ! Here is Maractus !
    If it was a little stronger, it could do... But being a plagia and strange wasn't enough ! So we have an ugly and weak Pokémon (this movepool... unusable) :pink_boogie: Anyway, a 5th gen Pokémon.

Regarding Audino... The design is ... Meh. I don't really like it to be honest. But we need another nurse Pokémon like Chansey is, so this Pokémon is a good idea. And it's useful to level-up our Pokémon, we can't say the contrary.

We needed a new Pokémon nurse, not a new cactus, so my vote for Audino !
    :pink_wink:

Last edited:

TheronElite

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    I don't like Audino because of those weird curly things poking out of it's ears. Maractus has just served me well during the time that I used it, so I think it's better.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Not too fond of either, but I'm going with Maractus because it can actually hurt things with 86 Attack and 106 Special Attack, despite a shallow movepool. Plus, it's a musical cactus.

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
    Years
    I've gotta go with Audino.
    There's simply nothing better than getting a huge amount of exp. from slaying the lil' pink.... whatever it's supposed to be.
    I've got a personal obsession with finding/catching all the Pokemon in an area before I move on, and a lot of the "shaking grass" Pokemon are fairly rare, so I can kill two Pidoves with one stone; find all the Pokemon AND do some massive training.
    Battle-wise, I don't personally care for either of them, and I'm never in the desert area often enough to make a point of seeing as many Maracutus as I do Audino.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    That dream world artwork of Maractus makes it seem so much cuter. :3 ANyway, I've NEVER liked Audino. When Black adn White had just came out in Japan, I thought Audino looked ugly. I still do, although to a lesser extent. It is just an uglier Chansey that doesn't evolve, really. :\ Well, that's what it looks like to me

While Maractus isn't much better, it does have a slight edge. It should evolve, but meh. I think it looks that bit cuter, but personally, I wouldn't use either of them. XP

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Maractus is one of these distinctly average things like Lumineon and Golduck, all with stats quite evenly spread around 65–95.
    Audino can take anything but Fighting hits and assist its team in various ways, making it a good candidate for double/triple/rotation battles; if I had to use either It'd be Audino.

Last edited:

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
    I have never been able to experience using Maractus, but I used Audino in my run of Black, so my vote is for Audino. She served me well as a "wild card", with her diversified move pool, but I think there are better pokemon that can do the same thing.

Years
    I have never used either of the Pokemon enough to have an opinion of them, so I'll choose the one that isn't a crappy remake of Pokemon from previous generations.

Oh wait. Never mind. I guess I'll just pick Audino then.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    Audino is boring. It's just a weird elephant that pops out of the grass and gives up huge XP despite a lack of toughness.

Maractus all the way.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I have to say, I love both Maractus and Audino. Since I have to pick, I'll pick Maractus. Audino gets on my nerves a bit when I'm trying to repel and run through the grass only to have Audino pop up. :3

Back