• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario and Luigi RPG 3 Coming in 09!

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Aww man...why it is for the DSi?!! Can it be for the DS Lite? That isn't fair. Maybe it might be for the DS Lite as well. It is still in development. Something could change. But that isn't cool that is it only for the DSi. D:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well it is like the DS Lite, but it has a camera in it. And it doesn't have a GBA port. So you can't play your Game Advance games on it. And I guess it will be a long while when the DSi comes here in the US. It will be a long wait. Personally I will keep my DS Lite. So maybe they will make Mario and Luigi RPG 3 for the Lite as well. But I doubt it...

I really hope they do.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • They can rot in hell, for all I care. I freakin' love Mario & Luigi. The both of em'. But I ain't wasting any money for a damn DSi that's just gonna be used as a paper weight.

EDIT:Wait a Gotdamn minute. Where did you hear this from? Everywhere else says that it is comming for the DS, not DSi. The demo is even on the DS.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ...I don't think they'd put something like this on the DSi. o_o; There just isn't enough of a market for it; people aren't going to buy a DSi for this sort of game. A mainstream Mario game, maybe, but they aren't going to bank this game's success on a console they don't even want to release in North America yet because no one will bite.

I still have to play the first two, on that note.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • It's...not for the DSi. This comes out on April 1st and we haven't heard anything about it making use of the DSi.

I liked the first one only because it was well written. I like Mario games. I like Mario RPGs. I don't like when they put Mario and crew somewhere else entirely. You might as well just create a new IP for the game. Doesn't feel much like a Mario game.

Last edited:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • I somewhat agree, but Mario is good enough to take bold risks & fail hard at em'. I love that well written, lenghty storyline of Superstar Saga. Wwoooboy, do I love the witty humor, the bros attack, and the open world.

While the second was very fun, it didn't live up to the first. I don't understand why they reduced the vast, open world (like in a Super Nintendo RPG), and cut back to a hub system. The storyline could have ebeen told better, too. For instance, the entire game was about time traveling? There weren't too many "Butterfly Effects". Y'know, where an event in the past effects the present? Yeah, there was like, one, with the proffesor, but still.

And I thought that we would have to travel back & forth though time, in various locations. By that I mean, when you go to the mountain, I thought we would go towards the mountain in the present, as well as the past. That was a letdown.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Right now i'm replaying SuperStar Saga. I'm glad that there's going to be a third game in the series. I saw some videos on Youtube and apparently Mario and Luigi can do double jumps on enemies without the babies.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yay! So it is for the DS Lite then?! Hooray! I love Mario and Luigi as well. ^^ The Mario Bros. are my favorite franchise. I try to get a lot of Mario games as I can. Because they are very fun! I will be getting this game when it does come out for the DS Lite.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Thank God it's for the regular DS; I don't imagine buying a DSi until my birthday, in September. The Mario RPGs have become one of my favorite spin-off series, second only to the PMDs. I never completed Partners in Time though. =(

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
  • Well it is like the DS Lite, but it has a camera in it. And it doesn't have a GBA port. So you can't play your Game Advance games on it. And I guess it will be a long while when the DSi comes here in the US. It will be a long wait. Personally I will keep my DS Lite. So maybe they will make Mario and Luigi RPG 3 for the Lite as well. But I doubt it...

I really hope they do.
    thanks for telling me but I dont think ill buy it.
    will you?

Koji123456789

got Kirby Super Star Ultra!
    Years
  • Aww man...why it is for the DSi?!! Can it be for the DS Lite? That isn't fair. Maybe it might be for the DS Lite as well. It is still in development. Something could change. But that isn't cool that is it only for the DSi. D:
    Yah, I wish it could have been for DS Lite, too.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    thanks for telling me but I dont think ill buy it.
    will you?
    No, I already have a DS Lite. Someday I want to play GBA games, so DS Lite is the way to go. And don't worry. Everyone is saying that it is for the DS Lite!! YAY! It isn't going to be for the DSi.

Thanks TRIFORCE89, sims796 and Went for the info. =D

Koji123456789 said:
    Yah, I wish it could have been for DS Lite, too.

It is for the DS Lite. =D Man, I am so happy. I didn't get to play the other two. I need to check them out. The only Mario RPG I played was for the SuperNES, and that was a very long time ago.

Last edited:
    Back