• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario or Sonic

Who's the better hero?

• Sonic

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Mario

Votes: 22 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agent Clank

Bye PC
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I'm a fan of both Mario & Sonic.
    but I like Mario better.
    I am not a hater of Sonic,he is very cool.
    but I am just a bigger fan of Mario then I am Sonic.
    so I chose Mario.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    They're both terrible mascots for terrible games. I choose Mario, only because Super Mario World was one of the best games ever.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I find it amusing that the Sonic colour bar on the poll is red, and the Mario one is blue.

OT: Sonic. Mario just does the same thing over and over for the same bone-headed Princess who, as Yahtzee says, doesn't have the common sense to not live within walking distance of her serial kidnapper. Hoi doi. At least Sonic games try to attempt something new with their storyline with varying degrees of success, instead of the same ol' schtick.

Now, if this had been a poll between Luigi and Tails...no, scratch that, Tails would have won. Miles Prower is so effin' adorable. I've loved him since I played Sonic 2. :> And I like Waluigi better than Luigi, sooo. Sorry Luigi? XD

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I think sonic games are more fun as far as action goes but the games lately have not been good. plus. I think sonic is already practcally dead at this point, how long has it been since the last sonic game was released? at least a year? the latest mario game was released last month. So after that long spill, based on gameplay, mario. But as far as character design goes, it would be sonic, cuz shadow is awesome.

shot571

Sonic FTW. I have to admit though they are getting worse so maybe the new ones will be back to the classic sort of style. Mario I like but I get frustrated too easily with mario.

Years
  • Always have been and always will be a Sonic fan over Mario. I can't wait for Sonic 4 to come out, as it seems like they're going back to what made the franchise successful in the first place.

TwinkleClefable

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star~
    Years
  • Mario is the best.

I think sonic is just annoying. Maybe because i watched him say on youtube, 'You're too slow!' for 10 mins.....

Still, Mario's the best.

YanmegaLv55

Raising the dead, one by one.
    Years
  • As my thought goes, I think Mario is better.
    Sonic never made Super Sonic Bros., despite never having a brother, nor did he make Sonic Party, or Sonic Kart, or Sonic Tennis, nor did he ever save a princess.

Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    A badass Italian-American plumber or a blue anthropomorphic hedgehog? The answer is obviously Mario.

Only furries like Sonic anyway.

Years
  • I'm torn between the two. I actually like Knuckles the Sonic character alot more than Sonic and I like Yoshi alot more than Mario so I'm gonna have to say I don't really like Sonic or Mario but like side characters.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Sonic! I used to play it at my grandmother's house. I was unaware what version it was because of my youth; but it was hella fun!

I never really knew how to play it, but it was still fun. As I grew older, I could actually read (yes, read!) and follow the instructions, getting me further through the game.

I never finished it, because one day I went to set it up and it simply vanished. But, I know it was on the N64, because they had a Toy Story game on there, right?

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I would have to say Mario. It's mostly because I grew up with him, but also because his games are great even today.

Years
  • Sonic all the way. Sonic runs at the speed of sound while mario just jumps and throws fireballs...

Speed > fire

Back