• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario v.s Sonic

Which Chacters game would you prefer to play?

• Mario

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Sonic

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters

Sailor_Moon

On behalf of the Moon >_<
    Years
    which of these two guys do u much rather prefer playing?
    Mario or Sonic ???
    Mario v.s Sonic

Years
    I have never been Fan of Mario games, to be honest, I find him to slow, Sonic is a much speedier character and the games are more appealing to me. I love Sonic 1, Sonic and Tails and all the Classics, so I have been a fan of the Sonic games for ages ^_^

Jolty-kun

Years
    Definately Sonic, Sonic pwns mario XD, and Sonic is more popular than mario, but that dosent say it all XD, just imagine it, Sonic & Tails VS Mario and Luigi, so meh, Sonic, hands down XD

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Mario is better. That's not to say Sonic wouldn't win in a battle, in all fairness, but Mario is superior.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    Ask me ten years ago and I'd probably say Sonic. Now, though, it's most definitely Mario. I haven't played a quality Sonic title since Sonic and Knuckles.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I like 'em both. But I like the Mario series more. In the older days, the gameplay was pretty similar, get from one end to the other. Main difference that with Sonic there was speed. And that was fun. But with Mario, there was the thinking aspect "how should I time my jumps for this?".

That thinking aspect is still there, and I like that now with Mario. I don't like the new Sonic games. Out of the 3D ones, onlt Sonic Adventure 2 was good, and only Sonic and Shadow's level at that. And even then, it was still just getting to the end of the level, but with speed. Basically the 2D games, but with the camera behind you rather than a side scrolling view. You have the occasional freedom of movement, but most of the times it's "go straight and fast".

With the new 3D Mario games, you have full 3D environments of exploration and objectives to complete, coupled with the tradition hopping and bopping Mario fun. I applaud Super Mario Sunshine for throwing in the side scrolling action occasionally. Like the 3D Sonics, these levels were basically side scrollers with a different camera angle. They were much fun and some of the more difficult parts of the games.

I give my vote to Mario. He may move slow, but use that extra time to explore and think, enjoy the game and have fun. ^^;

Vortex

So weird its ScArY! o.0
    Years
    Sonic... I'm a big Sonic fan. We all admit Sonic games have been having a decline lately but really can we say much for Mario ether. o.o Mario Sunshine wasen't great, and the newest, betterMario games have been ports of old Mario games (The Mario Advance games, Mario 64 DS) and the rest of the Mario games have been just a bunch of Mario Parties. I will give Mario this, we did recently get to play Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Paper Mario 2 and Mario has well RPG's but my vote still goes to Sonic, more my style. I like speed better then power ups! In a fight I think it have to go to Sonic as well. I honestly think though that Bowser can be more of an evil villan then Eggman, Eggman actually amuses me and I think is funny in later years... except when Eggman had a gun to Amy's head and shot Sonic off to space in SA2 he seemed pretty evil there.

Sailor_Moon

On behalf of the Moon >_<
    Years
    lolz yeh i know eggman is so lame Robotnik is such a better name but its actaully funny to say eggman cuz his body is shaped like an egg so i guess it is logical. but still robotnik sounds better xD
    also i fink super mario sunshine is ok.... not all that good but still cool but i prefer sonic adventure 2!! i luv the chaos xD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    To my knowledge, Eggman is his first name. Anywho, Super Mario Sunshine was a fun a game, nowhere near as good as Super Mario 64, but it's still a GCN must have.

link_

XP...
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 21, 2007
    I give my vote to Mario. His games are so cool, I don't mind he is slow at all . XD

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Everybody knows who I'm gonna say, and if ya don't, ya bettah recoinze, sweetie. [/wannabeghetto]

XD Anyway, Mario. He's old school. :P If ya want me to go into depth, ask me later. XD

Back