• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marriage - When?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    EDIT: At what age do you guys like to get married at? And why?

I personally want to get married at the age of 26 - 27 years. This way I would have finished college and
    maybe secured a career. I think marrying at a very young age is hasty, IMO.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I want to get married around 25-28. But if I don't find someone then, my family says they'll ship me off to India for an arranged marriage D:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I don't ever plan to marry, actually.

It's a combination of personal and political beliefs, other goals in life, and some physical hindrances. This may change with time, but I seriously doubt it.

Though I agree that marrying at a young age isn't a good idea. My brother plans to do so, however. XD

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Around the age of 25-30 is what my Health teacher says.
    Education, career and a good healthy life is obtainable I suppose. P:

Years
    I'd like to get married on 12/21/2012. I think it'd be a fun "Apocalypse" themed-wedding. :)

If that doesn't work out, sometime in the next 2-4 years, so when I'm 22-24. I don't want to have a kid right away when I get married, but I wanted to have one around the age of 25-27.

Years
    I can't plan the marriage right now. Now I must end my technical economy school and get a real job. Then I must meet some new girl, but before the "real" girl I want to be with, there will be some another girls, I believe. I'm rather lone and shy character and It would be very hard.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    I'm not of legal age to marry right now (sigh) but I think the proper age to get married is around the mid twenties to thirty.

Marrying at a young age is foolish

Years
    The legal hurdles that come with marriage at a young age really outweigh the positives (none of which come to mind, really)

As for myself, I don't plan on religious marriage, but legal cohabitation. I'm an agnostic who really doesn't see the point of religious confirmation of a relationship.

So it goes.

*DarknessOfIllness*

The King of Ill Darkness
    Years
    I would love to get married a couple years after I get settled into my own job and my own house. That would be really nice. And the age would be between the ages of 21 and 25.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    It's not something that concerns me too much. I don't care much about it, and I doubt it's something that's going to fall into my lap, so possibly never. If someone came along where there was mutual attraction, similar interests, and a desire to help each other make life easier, I'd probably jump at that chance. However, in the past it seems that relationships have just complicated things, which is what I don't want. I get enough romantic fulfillment out of romance stories and the like, and sexual fulfillment isn't really a problem either.

Again, my guess is it won't happen, and it's really not something that bothers me. One of my big goals is to get enough money that I can afford to do charity work over paid work and possibly travel the world helping people, and that matters way more to me than spending who knows how long looking for someone compatible with me (though I admit, that goal may be out of reach). Spending time with my friends now is also important, and relationships tend to suck up time I might otherwise be spending with friends.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
    unfortunately it is not possible to marry inanimate objects...hm, marriage, if i had to be optimistic i'd say not in this lifetime, pessimistic i'd say never in my existence

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    What makes you say that?

I'll be married in less than a month.

I'm gay and my state doesn't recognize same sex marriages from other countries/states, and I don't want to move hundreds of miles away from all my family and friends who I love just to have a possibility of actually being happy and feeling like a normal member of society.

Run-on sentence! 200th post :D

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I'm gay and my state doesn't recognize same sex marriages from other countries/states, and I don't want to move hundreds of miles away from all my family and friends who I love just to have a possibility of actually being happy and feeling like a normal member of society.

Run-on sentence! 200th post :D

You could try getting married then having your state recognize it as a civil union or a domestic partnership. I have friends who did that. I live in California and we do that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back