• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mass shooting at Colorado cinema

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Literally at the time I'm making this this is breaking news so I can't find any links BUT so far 10 people have been confirmed dead and 20 are being treated for gunshot wounds, this is tragic.

From what I know so far, the gunman burst into the theater and just shot 10 people dead. Absolutely terrible.
    Okay, found a link: here.

Years
  • Oh god, I can't believe that happened. I feel sorry for all the victims.

This is such a terrible tragedy... *Hikari mourns dead victims*

Years
  • God, another sociopath with a gun. Cue the arguments that "it couldn't have been prevented" even though I'm sure we'll learn from this psycho's neighbors, family, and coworkers that he was weird/angry/disturbed. I'll also wager he has had run-ins with police before.

My cynicism aside, that is awful for those people. They were there because they just wanted to see a movie. A movie!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Just awful, I heard about this earlier today, that someone went and just started shooting people. This is just dreadful, they just went to see a movie. Its just really sickening and disturbing to hear about this kind of thing happening. I wish there was some way to keep this from happening, I don't want to start arguments or anything, but there has to be some way.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    God, another sociopath with a gun. Cue the arguments that "it couldn't have been prevented" even though I'm sure we'll learn from this psycho's neighbors, family, and coworkers that he was weird/angry/disturbed. I'll also wager he has had run-ins with police before.

My cynicism aside, that is awful for those people. They were there because they just wanted to see a movie. A movie!

I'm kinda reading up about the trend of it at Twitter and I read a tweet that said his only charge in the past was for traffic @ the run-ins, which is kind of... scary, considering what he pulled off.

But yeah I just feel really bad for the victims. The whole booby trapped apartment too idk, what inspires these people to just do these things? :(

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh man, I first read about this at work. I was shocked, honestly. It's just so sad. According to what I read, it was 12 people killed, and a lot injured. I pray for those related to the 12 murdered, and hope they get through this difficult time, along with all those injured.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Tragic. That's it. These people just wanted to go and see a movie that waited a long time for and some scum.. urgh.

Another thing is, I hope none died, but why were they kids there?

Years
  • Tragic. That's it. These people just wanted to go and see a movie that waited a long time for and some scum.. urgh.

Another thing is, I hope none died, but why were they kids there?
    12 people died.

And by kids, do you mean the little 4-month old? Kids that age can just sleep through everything so a parent might take them all sorts of places. I've seen it once or twice. And if you mean kids like 10 or 13, they can see movies like this if their parents are with them, generally speaking.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    It really puzzles me how these kind of things can happen and yet the US still thinks 'the right to bear arms' is something they should uphold.

Such a tragic event, it's the kind of thing that could well and truly derail you mentally (if you were lucky enough not to be killed, point-blank).

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    This shooting is a perfect example of something being used wrong.

This would never happen in the UK, as firearms are not allowed here, and a man that crazy would be chucked in a mental hospital.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • It's always tragic when people decide to murder people... I do wonder what could motivate such behavior. I was surprised to find out that he didn't kill himself before he could be taken into custody.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It upsets me that people can't even go out to enjoy a movie without this kind of thing happening. It almost brings me to tears, really. It's just awful, and I will never understand how people can live with themselves after this. What really pisses me off though is that I'm sure the shooter(s) is just laughing their ass off, and it's sick. Just sick. My thoughts and prayers go out to victims and the families and RIP to all those that passed. From what I understand, the youngest that was killed was a 6 year old. 6. Years. Old. That's terrible.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • What a sad day for those families.
    R.I.P. to those innocent people who only went out to see a long awaited movie and have fun with friends, and family. I may never know how it feels to want to kill its must be the most frightening feeling in the world, and I dont ever want to feel that way, so RIP to those who lost their lives on this tragic day.

Years
  • I'm hoping there is some sort of reform on the firearm laws in the US planned, it would certainly help prevent this type of incident from happening as often, I mean I don't remember anything of the sort happening in the UK.

More importantly my condolences go to the victims and their families of this tragedy and I hope the injured make a full recovery.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The shooter suspect has been announced as a man named James Holmes. He looks like a creeper murderer anyway, if you go look at his pictures with his nasty ass creep smile. Just...ugh, disgusting. I really hope Colorado handles this kind of tragedy much better than Florida.

Sir Codin

Can we please not turn this into an excuse to showcase our opinions of gun control?

This is tragic, yes, and my condolences go out to the families of the victims, but using it as an excuse to bash or uphold America's 2nd Amendment just makes you come off as callous.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I know this is horrifying in all kinds of ways but the scariest part for me is that one of the victims was Jessica Redfield. I'd never heard of her before this--I believe she was a sports commentator/personality of sorts--but seeing tweets about her made me look her up and she was at the Eaton Centre shooting in Toronto a few months ago. She wrote a blog post about it here and it is one of the most haunting things I've read in a long time. It was the last blog post she ever made (granted it looks like there are only two total but still). What are the chances that someone would so narrowly avoid being involved in one shooting incident only to end up in another a few months later? The fact that something like this can even happen terrifies me. :(

Also, the suspect's apartment is/was booby trapped, apparently. I thought that was... interesting.

Back