• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Master Ball in ORAS

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2018
    Used my masterball on kyogre because he kept knocking my pokemon out with that dang origin pulse and i did not plan ahead, i have regretted it ever since. Wish kept it for lugia or better yet deoyxs

Years
  • Used mine on Deoxys, didn't know I was gonna meet it so I just Went "wtf" and threw the Master.
    Funny enough, I got a random master ball while Wonder Trading, got a Wobuffet holding it. So will save it for some rare Shiny that has low PP or a suicide move (Explosion/Perish Song)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • None because most pokemon were pretty easy to catch except for maybe Deoxys but i caught it with a Great Ball. Im kinda saving it for like that one shiny I might find someday where i cant risk letting it faint or teleport or flee or whatever.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've never used my Masterball yet, but I have 2 now, as I won the Lilycove lottery... matching all 5 digits with a Diggersby.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
  • As has been tradition with me for a while, I saved my Master Ball for the game's mascot legendary; in the case of AS, Kyogre. I really love the big legendary battles, though, so I never use my Master Ball right away. I try to get it down to as low health as possible before throwing the ball, so it's at least a bit of a challenge. In the case of Kyogre, I accidentally made it faint a few times or so with my Leafeon and Latias, haha :P

Thinking back, I probably shoulda used it on Deoxys or something, but regardless, I know I'll always have as many SRs as I need to catch those difficult Pokémon in the future, so I'll always use it for the mascot. I have no trouble using them anyway as Master Balls seem to be preserved for Pokémon other than mascots these days, so catching mascots with them is a sorta unique thing to do, so I don't need to break away from any norms here xP

Yuutsa

Regretting life, one step at a time
    Years
  • I make it a goal to try and catch all legendaries without using the Master Ball, and I stuck with it my first play through.

But now it's just to tempting to use it on Deoxys

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I used my Alpha Sapphire Master Ball on a Shiny Female Ralts I accidentally Dexnaved whilst looking for a Shiny Gothita.

Not seeing whether she had notorious Shiny losing moves Memento or Teleport, I threw my Master Ball. I now have a Shiny Gardevoir in a Master Ball. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2016
    Just caught a Zekrom with a master ball 10mins ago. Ive been @ it for 2 weeks trying to get an Adamant Zekrom with perfect IV's preferably in HP,Att,SP. I did bring 50 Ultra Balls b4 i used my master, but b4 today on average it only took about 10-15 attempts befor i would catch it. Wen i did it today i got a Brave (+Att,-Sp) Zekrom with the following iv's:

HP: 31
    Att: 24
    Def: 24
    SpA: 22
    SpD: 31
    Speed: 31

Would you guys think the nature and ivs are worth me using my master ball?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Just caught a Zekrom with a master ball 10mins ago. Ive been @ it for 2 weeks trying to get an Adamant Zekrom with perfect IV's preferably in HP,Att,SP. I did bring 50 Ultra Balls b4 i used my master, but b4 today on average it only took about 10-15 attempts befor i would catch it. Wen i did it today i got a Brave (+Att,-Sp) Zekrom with the following iv's:

HP: 31
    Att: 24
    Def: 24
    SpA: 22
    SpD: 31
    Speed: 31

Would you guys think the nature and ivs are worth me using my master ball?
    Ideally you really do want the maximum Attack IVs and Adamant in order to make full use of Zekrom's great Attack stat and physical Electric STAB. Its special movepool is kind of unneeded since its usual STAB moves outdo whatever the special ones can, so you want -SpA. Max Sp.Def IVs aren't hugely important for it either. Brave sort of counteracts the Speed IVs and while base 90 isn't amazing you want to be able to outspeed as much as you can.

If you've already saved your game and so can't try to catch it again, you can still make do with it by running Tailwind support, Sticky Web support, or giving it a Choice Scarf, since it's Brave it's at least a +Attack nature so at level 100 you'll be off by only 7 points with your current IVs so it'll still be serviceable. You just have to keep in mind that Brave means there's a few less things you'll outspeed even with Scarf/Tailwind (With Brave+Scarf+252 Speed EVs, you don't outspeed Darkrai or Mega Mewtwo Y, which Adamant Scarf can).

Btw, when you were soft resetting for it, were you using an Adamant Synchronize lead or no?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2016
    No, i havent saved yet. Just wanted to get another oppinion. And yes ive been using an Adament synch ralts it just so happened on this encounter Zekrom went brave. Jus been grinding and save my results on metalkid calculator and these have been the best results thus far. Its hard chasing perfection

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I haven't used it yet! I've caught Groudon in a Dusk Ball, and as for Rayquaza and Deoxys... well I've yet to catch them. :P I don't plan to use the Master Ball on them though.

TI

good mornin'
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2017
    I don't like using my masterball. It feels cheap and it's always good to have in case I ever stop being lazy and wanna SR for something. And for whatever reason I still have this weird negative connotation to pokes I see caught in masterballs. Maybe it stems back from gen 4 when I was younger and I'd automatically think "lol that's hacked."

Plus, it's like the least aesthetically pleasing ball. Besides ultra balls.
    Ultra balls don't really go well with anything. Except maybe a few electric types.
    Masterballs def go well with Mewtwo, though. That's about it.

tiggytiggy122

ThatGamerSype
    Years
  • I don't like using my masterball. It feels cheap and it's always good to have in case I ever stop being lazy and wanna SR for something. And for whatever reason I still have this weird negative connotation to pokes I see caught in masterballs. Maybe it stems back from gen 4 when I was younger and I'd automatically think "lol that's hacked."

Plus, it's like the least aesthetically pleasing ball. Besides ultra balls.
    Ultra balls don't really go well with anything. Except maybe a few electric types.
    Masterballs def go well with Mewtwo, though. That's about it.

Well that's usually the case, considering in Gen 1, the master ball was meant for mewtwo, so it's design was probably meant to somewhat match mewtwo's colors.

Years
  • I haven't used my Master Ball, and I doubt I ever will. I keep 'saving' it for a special Pokemon, but then I always catch that Pokemon with an easily-acquirable ball and a few resets. {XD}

In all honesty, I might use it if I see a shiny Pokemon that I really want... I wouldn't think twice about throwing it out for a Shiny Breloom!

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • Deoxys since it mowed down my whole team and I had no clue as to whether or not I was going to get a second shot at it. I actually ended up catching Groudon with a premiere ball of all things, so I managed to save it there.

Years
  • Honestly, with the super easy difficulty of the Gen 6 games, you don't even need a Masterball. Maybe for Deoxys, but even Deoxys is not too difficult to capture.

Like some suggested, I'd use the Masterball for a shiny, one that is very risky (perhaps Abra and its infamous teleport?)

Back