• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Master Ball..

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    don't waste it - save for later.

Also, as others have said.. save it for the dog!

Last edited:

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    Don't use it to any pokémon, it's easy to catch em all without using masterball. I have throwed Master Ball only one or two times and I think it's not funny ball. I have all pokémon in my Gold save game and haven't used Master Ball. Dogs were hard to catch but they can be captured by Ultra Balls. I think I caught first Entei (Ultra Ball), then Raikou (Ultra Ball too) and Suicune was hardest at that time but then I threw it with Great Ball and it was caught. Ho-oh and Lugia is easy to catch, sometimes I have had them by just throwing one Ultra Ball at the beginning of the battle... I personally don't use Master Ball but if you really want to use it, use it to a dog.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I have never used a master ball for a stationary pokemon ever
    save it for one of the legendary dogs

Years
    I am playing Crystal right now. I'm planning to save it to Entei or Raikou, the one who gives me more trouble.
    Lugia and Ho-Oh, since they don't come from random encounters, I'll catch them even if it takes me a lot.
    It took me half a hour to get Suicune with Ultra Balls, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

ianmichael7

Pokemon Fayt Creator
    Years
    I would clone 3 masterballs then catch both birds and a dog you might run into lol. Have fun!(Sacred ash doesn't really help when you've gotten to the point where you are able to catch ho-oh... unless you would want to use it in the 8 Kanto gyms... your decision

Back