• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Master Gamer's Help Section!

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
  • Welcome everyone, to my tutorial section! I'll post some scripts here that'll prove very useful. Most of these scripts I'll be using for Pokemon Aftermath, but some will not be in. So here we go:

Tutorial 1: Making the game going into Full Screen

In the Script Editor of RPG Maker XP, put this script on top of RGSS2 Compatibility:

begin
    if $full == nil
    $showm = Win32API.new 'user32', 'keybd_event', %w(l l l l), ''
    $showm.call(18,0,0,0)
    $showm.call(13,0,0,0)
    $showm.call(13,0,2,0)
    $showm.call(18,0,2,0)
    $full = 1
    end
    end

The game will now launch in Full Screen Mode when you play it.

Current Glitches: None known yet.

Next: How to change Pokemon Forms

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    what about the games that don't have anything in them to open with RPG Maker XP, how do you get them to go to full screen

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Well, I am assuming that you'd have some kind of game before using this, I haven't tried what you said yet. Basically, just put this script on top of all the scripts you currently have.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    There are no Scripts to bring up on Pokemon Metallic Silver

Also on the one that can be brought up whenever I try to play the game it says: Script 'RGSS2Compatibility' line 9: SyntaxError occurred.

Then it blanks out and I can't play the game

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    here's the problem I didn't copy the word 'Begin' and add it to it. But its still not in full screen, it goes to full screen but shows a little block on the top left corner where the game is, the rest of it's in black

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • I know that. I found another, better way to do it. (I think)

1. Right Click on the Game not RPGXP. It should say "Game"

2. Select Properties

3. Select Run in 640 x 480 Resolution.

That should work.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    that didn't work all it did was get rid of the black screen, it still just shows the little box in the corner

Years
  • would you say that RPG maker is the best thing to use to make a game? im really just starting and want to mess around a bit first :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    can anyone help me in a touch screen script? i know its in pokemnanimeditor but how do i transfer it to the poke gear?

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2009
    I have begun my new game on RPGMXP and I was wondering if someone could help me on a switch script I am working on, no matter what I try, nothing works!

My player gets out of their bed in their house (beggining of game home), and if they try to leave the house, before talking to their mother, I have written text saying they need to talk to their mother first, which looks like this:

@>Text: \PN, honey!, can I talk to you?
    @> Set Move Route: Player
    : $> Turn 180
    : $> 1 Step Forward
    @>Wait for Move's Completion
    @>Conditional Branch: Switch [0030: Getting out of the door] == OFF
    @>
    : Else
    @>
    : Branch End

And this is the script when they talk to their mother. Im trying to make it so once they talk to her, you can get ou the door, but everything I try, can't get rid of the script saying you have to talk to your mother, if that makes sense :S

@>Text: blah, blah, blah, blah, etc
    @> Control Switches: [0030: Getting out of the door] = ON

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    Have you tried this:

Control Switches: [0030: Getting out of the door] == ON

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2014
    I have begun my new game on RPGMXP and I was wondering if someone could help me on a switch script I am working on, no matter what I try, nothing works!

My player gets out of their bed in their house (beggining of game home), and if they try to leave the house, before talking to their mother, I have written text saying they need to talk to their mother first, which looks like this:

@>Text: \PN, honey!, can I talk to you?
    @> Set Move Route: Player
    : $> Turn 180
    : $> 1 Step Forward
    @>Wait for Move's Completion
    @>Conditional Branch: Switch [0030: Getting out of the door] == OFF
    @>
    : Else
    @>
    : Branch End

And this is the script when they talk to their mother. Im trying to make it so once they talk to her, you can get ou the door, but everything I try, can't get rid of the script saying you have to talk to your mother, if that makes sense :S

@>Text: blah, blah, blah, blah, etc
    @> Control Switches: [0030: Getting out of the door] = ON

You have to put it all INSIDE the conditional branch.

Back