• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Masterball used on ?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    I always use it on the mascot of the game. So I used it on Zekrom. Then I did what any decent person would do and put him in the box after I beat the plot.

I hate catching Pokémon on my team with anything other than a PokéBall. The game feels more real that way.

KyokuseiXRyusei

DenCabe! :3
    Years
    I used my Masterball on Reshirem. I tend to use specific types of Pokeballs on certain Pokemon by matching their colors, types, appearances. So I thought "Hmm...White, Purple, Orange! Okay, Masterball for Reshirem." ^.^ Though it only took a Dusk Ball for me the get Kyurem. Insane, right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I used it on Kuyrem so I could just get that thing out of the way. Plus, it had a catch rate of 3. :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I already knew not to use the masterball on Reshiram/Zekrom. n_n So Tornadus/Thundurus for me. I kinda didn't want to catch Thundurus, though, because I knew I'd never see its wonderful animation thing again. :(

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Haven't used it yet. Got Tornadus, Cobalion, and Virizion all in other types of balls. I expect to get Terrakion the same way, and will need to borrow Thunderus someday to get Landorus. I'll worry about that later.

Always use the Master Ball on the roamer. It's too annoying to catch otherwise.
    Wrong. Watchog, L50+, and Mean Look stops it from running away. I then put it to sleep to stave off some attacks, use a few Super Fangs, then start chucking balls. Got him in a Great Ball after some Ultra Balls failed. I use Watchog on every important capture; even used him on a Pawniard battle and for both Deino and Heatmor on Victory Road (used a regular Pokéball on one, and a Heal Ball on the other as I left a slot in my party for it).

Tornadus did get away once. He managed a crit. against Watchog and ran as soon as the next Pokémon emerged. It wasn't happening the second time; I got used some nice Lemonade to ensure crits. didn't have a lasting effect.

So yes, still holding my Master Ball. Landorus I expect to be caught like Tornadus, so it may go unused.

Cyclone

Calvolt

Finely tuned machine
    Years
    My little brother took my Pokémon White and caught a Cofagrigus with it...
    Wasn't even a good natured one... :pink_frown:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    My little brother took my Pokémon White and caught a Cofagrigus with it...
    Wasn't even a good natured one... :pink_frown:
    Congrats Calvolt, you caught a Cofagrigus! :)

Don't tell me he then hit Save, thinking he was being helpful?

Cyclone

Years
    I've only ever used a Master Ball to catch Mewtwo. I'm saving mine in BW for the off chance that I encounter a shiny Pokemon while I'm not using the right Pokemon to catch it. You know, like I don't have anything that can put it to sleep or whatnot.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    ^Yeah, me too.

Though I've never seen a shiny and probably never will. And even then, I'd probably be too anal about keeping my Master Ball that I wouldn't use it :P

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
    I used my masterball on a shelmet.

I caught all legendaries with quick balls. Except reshiram, I used a pokeball for him (he was asleep with full hp)

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
    I use them for pretty much what everyone else does - roaming pokemon. They are indeed annoying so just catch them just like that.

Back