• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Masuda method

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poké-Master1

Pokemon Champion
Years
  • Well we'll start by explaining what I actually know of it..

The Masuda method is a way of getting a shiny pokemon from eggs normally the odds of hatching a shiny is something like 1 in 8700 but if you use two pokemon from different languages like a english pokemon and a japanese pokemon it lowers the odds to 1 in like 2100 :D

Ok for those who already know about it can you answer my questions?

1) Does it work on HG/SS I know it definatley works on D/P
    2) does the pokemon you want to brred have to be a different language e.g i want a shiny charmander.. does it matter if i use japanese ditto and english charizard or does it have to be the other way round?

Thank you for reading and/or answering my questions :D

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Mostly people choose to have the japanese pokemon be the ditto, as it is versatile and can breed with anything. So the answer to your question is to have the japanese ditto.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Use the Help thread sticky at the top of this section the next time you have a question, please.

Answered, so closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back