• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Math?

Are you good at Mathematics?

• Yes!

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Nooo.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • sorta.

Votes: 15 28.3%

• Total voters

helix

tea-binger.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I was never good at Mathematics, and for the longest time I pretty much hated/ignored it. Recently, though, I've taken quite a deep fondness for it.

Simply said, I love Math... but it certainly doesn't seem to love me.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I hate math so much. I can barely even keep up with everyone else in this subject. That is my minus, that and art. I can't add more then 10+10 in my head, without having to use paper to figure it out. That's how bad I am, yet somehow I'm still in Geometry with everyone else. I can barely add, yet I can do some algebra, I don't get it.

Oh well, my career choice isn't math-related. At least not usually, anyway.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Ugh. I hate math so much. I have trouble memorizing it. I have trouble remembering it. I have trouble applying it. It gives me bad migraines and causes me stress. I partially blame a long line of crappy math teachers since 5th grade, though. That's when I started hating math. There were a few levels of math classes, and you were put in the one that fit you best. I was in the second level or so, but they moved me to the first and toughest level about halfway through the freaking year, and no one bothered to explain what the heck we were learning, so I was always behind and completely lost. Then I just got one bad teacher after another.

Bah. I'm a language and arts student, anyway.

Years
  • Oh geez, math is my worst subject. It's the only class that gives me trouble. I'm just not good at it. I hate it.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • Eh, well, I'm not the best at math. Like, I get it all right when I'm following my notes, but when we're doing a quiz or something and there's no notes to guide me, I have absolutly no idea what I am doing. I'm more of a history person, not math... =/

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Eh, well, I'm not the best at math. Like, I get it all right when I'm following my notes, but when we're doing a quiz or something and there's no notes to guide me, I have absolutly no idea what I am doing. I'm more of a history person, not math... =/

i feel just like you. i do horrible at tests >.>
    history is my best subject :D

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Depends on the maths. Accounting, I suck. Statistics and logarithms, I rock.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Math. Ugh. Just, ugh. Too much for my brain. I gotta take things slow if I'm going to understand any of it. Not like remedial slow, more like on-level slow-if that makes any sense. :x

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I can't say I'm average at Maths, but I don't want to say I'm awesome at it, since I do have a slight bit of trouble at it. What I can say, though, is that I'm good enough, i.e. I'm not bad enough at Maths to fail a test in it. :3 Still, though, I'd probably be better at Maths if I studied harder. :[

The Red Chain

I think it's just because I don't like it and I'm not willing to learn it.. or open up my full potential. XD

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Ohoho, fear the math!

I don't like doing it, it's tedious, bothersome and whatever I do I always gets it wrong, even simple questions I always got wrong. And when I mean simple, I mean SIMPLE. Even basic things like squaring a 4! That's why my science also suffer. Physics is relatively easy, except for the numbers part. Man, I should have taken Biology. Even how hard I try to get better at maths, I always fail. Which is the exact opposite for my English. I never study but I always get a passing mark. Essays I do half-arsed got a 'Good job, Angelo! Great comparison!' and became one of the best in my class. You can tell it's half-arsed as my handwriting is horrible. Ironic, isn't it?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I passed all my math classes in school, but it wasn't my best subject, nor my most enjoyed. I can learn it, but I have to make sure to actually practice it. I got a C in my college Calculus class because I didn't do my homework, which meant I hardly understood the material. Between that and not checking over my work for basic mistakes, well, I didn't ace that class. :(

These days I suck at it, especially mental math, especially if I have to do it in a hurry. If I'm on register and my drawer opens and someone wants to give me more change to avoid getting pennies back, I'm usually like "nonononono it's easier this way" and give them their ten zillion and two pennies back instead.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • When it was adding and subtracting it was my best subject.
    Now it kicks my butt.
    I'm not taking it this year, thankfully :3

I was reading a book today that said:
    "I heard that if you're bad at Algebra you're supposed to do really good in Geometry. If that's true, then I must be the freaking Albert Einstein of Geometry."
    Of course it turns out she was terrible at it, and so am I xD

Back