• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Matthew? I'll call you Matty

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Nicknames. Are you nicknamed by your friends, your family? Do you appreciate being nicknamed or do you hate it a lot? Also do you nickname people close to you?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I went most of my life without a nickname, which is weird because my name is kind of long. Occasionally my friends give me random nicknames, which I appreciate because like... they care enough to have a pet name for me. Aw. But being randomly nicknamed by people I don't like or really know is just... no. Don't do that. That's... degrading, in a way. You're taking away my name and replacing it with something you came up with. Don't.

I don't really nickname people because I don't know how they'd react. Also I'm not very creative. I mean, online, I'll shorten people's usernames to what seems appropriate, but that's the extend of it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I am nicknamed, and it's a good thing I am, because my first name is a male name. I don't mind being nicknamed by people I like, but if I don't know you then yeeeah don't nickname me. I don't really nickname people.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
    Years
    I have never had a nickname in my life :0 though I usually set my in-game name, gamertag, and Forum names as something to do with spectres, Shades, and Ghosts. Graal Zone ftw XD

Years
    From Zachy-poo to Zachariah (which is not my name), to Zach-attack, of course I've been nicknamed. I don't mind it really, but I mind when people call me by my full first name, especially if they know me.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
    i go by my last name a lot as my nickname i personally don't care bout nicknames as long as they r not degrading. i don't nickname any1 unless its on pc pending on how they react

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Cathy is the most common nickname I get called by, and occasionally Cat, which I'm totally cool with because I love cats <3. I almost always refer to myself as Catherine (with the obvious exception of my username here being zomgitscathy), but most of my friends and acquaintances usually end up calling me Cathy. So I see it more as a nickname rather than just a shortening of my name.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
    I already don't go by my name as it is but in school I had some girls that thought it would be okay to give me random nicknames using the name I was called by. It was awkward and not cute. I did have a boyfriend that called me Spoodles and I think that was the best ever. I miss the nickname way more than I ever will him.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I am nicknamed, and it's a good thing I am, because my first name is a male name. I don't mind being nicknamed by people I like, but if I don't know you then yeeeah don't nickname me. I don't really nickname people.

That's funny, because my first name is pretty feminine, but my nickname is generally male lol

My first name is Jolynn (as in Jo-lyn not Jo-leene), and as a result I'm known as Jo by everyone. But I'll respond to either haha.

Years
    I have been nicknamed by many, but I think only on PC. Most of my nicknames here spawned from my username but I did get some named after my real name as well. My name is Nichole, which is a very unique but easily missed spelling of a common name. As a result I sometimes got called Nichy here, which eventually led to me choosing that as my in-game nickname in Pokemon X.

So yeah, I'm happy with being called Nichy. It's really cute I admit.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    Almost everyone I know calls me Fana (pronounced fawn-ah)

My full name, Stefana, is mainly used by my parents, in-laws and grandparents.
    Sometimes when people first meet me, they try to call me Stef. I HATE it. I always put an end to it right away.

The only other nickname I can think of would be Shorty, which is what a couple of my barn friends call me. :P I don't mind it, because they say it with love. (Plus it's true, I'm short)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I don't really go by a lot of nicknames. People usually just call me by my first name, which is Amanda, but there are some close friends who call me Manda. Here, I am also known as Syn. I respond to either. Sometimes they put variations to my name for fun and call me A man duh. I don't mind lol. No one has really ever called me Mandy though. That's fine because I'm not conditioned to respond to that and if they did I'd think they were calling someone else.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    A lot of people call me Whitney but a couple of people call me Whit. I don't really mind either way, and strangely enough it's mostly older people who call me Whit while only 2-3 people my age do so; the rest + family call me Whitney. There isn't really a lot you can do with my name.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Well, technically the name I go by is actually my nickname, Dipu. But I also have several nicknames from Dipu, and, well, they're pretty callous to say the least haha. Like, I'd actually get censored and stuff if I typed up the stuff I got called. It's not that they're being mean, it's just that the names you could make are simply too good not to make. And it doesn't bother me at all, honestly. I've met people who've gone "so you're dip♥♥♥♥, right". I'd just roll my eyes, correct them sarcastically, and then shake their hand. =P

Shhmew

Years
    My name is Katelyn. Before high school, everyone just called me Katelyn, but my cousins called me Katey and my parents called me Kate.

In high school there was another Katelyn so a lot of the teachers called me Katey, and it stuck with some of the students, but some called me Katelyn and some called me Katey, which was confusing for me as well as everyone else. ._.

I have an old friend who used to call me Kateyface, now he calls me Ms. Face. I don't know where that came from.

I can't think of more really, unless you count things that have derived from my username "Shhmew" in which case I have quite a few.

-Mewshie
    -Shhmewie
    -Mewshh
    -Shin Mew
    -Shhmeow
    -Shhmoo

and probably lots I'm forgetting. xD But yeah, I don't really mind nicknames as long as I know they're referring to me I guess ;P Oh, except Kate. If anyone other than my parents call me Kate I get sad.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I don't really have a nickname because Hannah doesn't really have a lot of variations haha. My family and my close relatives call me Annie but I don't really know where they got that from. Anyway, I'm not used to calling people by their nicknames, but if I met you and I got to know you as insert nickname here, I'll probably call you that for the rest of my life.

Years
    The only nickname I have is from my parents and that would be "Princess," in Cantonese. To be honest, I'd rather not be called that and they do it simply because I'm the youngest of 2 siblings so they spoil me like crazy. Speaking of, I hate when friends call me spoiled because I find that term offensive only because I don't ask for my stuff, family just gives it to me for no reason. I'm very grateful for everything they've done, but they need to let me grow up and I'd like it if they stopped calling me that too >>;;

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    I hate my first name so much as it goes against the flow of the rest of my name, it just kills it immediately, so I got nicknamed terribly at first because of my sister, then eventually I just started making my own nicknames, which eventually got refined into just one name.

But even that name alone can have many suffixes and prefixes added, which can make it vary very often.

Back