• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maturity

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
  • You bet I have.
    It used to be double posts, spam, the whole what-not-to-do-but-did-it-anyway package when I first joined.
    but, i left for a while before i was banned and came back. I haven't been that way since :D

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    I've actually gotten much much worse since I joined.
    \o/

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    Good gracious, I hope I have. o_o;; I feel ashamed looking back on my old posts, and I've only posted 500+ times. >.>;

When I first joined forums, I must've been 12 or 13 and a total, complete and utter n00b. When I first joined here I was 14, and I think I have matured by leaps and bounds. Dx I was never one for shorthand and leetspeak, but really, in terms of conversational matters and construction of posts, I should think so.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well, it's a bit hard to be any more mature for me. But, I guess being around PC has taught me to be more gentle about other people and relate a bit better.

I personally don't think the use of more or less smilies has any relation to your level of maturity. Acting like a fool or being a completely boring person through your posts don't really say anything about your level of maturity as well.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • I matured quite alot, back when I first joined, I was quite a rule breaker, I even got banned once. But now Im different =P

Years
  • I like to think I have. :D

Nah, I have. Hell, I've looked back to when I was first modded, and I tell myself, "Wow! I've changed, and for the better." And from when I was modded, I knew I wouldn't have been able to handle the mod position any time before that. I wasn't mature enough for the real responsibilities it held. If I had trouble so bad back then that I wanted to quit, what would have happened before then? I don't even want to think about it.

...it figures that it went into mod babble. I talk about what I know, I guess.

But seriously, when I go really far back, I do feel weird. Usually it just seems... a little childish, I guess. I feel a little ashamed of myself, because it is so weird and childish. But, what happened then made me what I am today, I suppose, so it's all good, in the end.

I personally don't think the use of more or less smilies has any relation to your level of maturity. Acting like a fool or being a completely boring person through your posts don't really say anything about your level of maturity as well.

I pretty much agree with you, especially the second part. I know I can sound really stupid and silly most of the time some times, but I think I'm mature when the time calls for it. I just don't want to be super serious all the time. :/

I tend to cut the smilies in serious posts, though, or at least most of the way; I might have one or two, but that's about it. I don't know... I just feel that a serious post littered with smilies just isn't the right thing to do. Meh.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I haven't really been here long enough to "mature" and I think I might have gotten worse or at least opened up to others a lot.. It's sad because I've went from sophisticated 17 to psycho 4 lawl. XD

Okami

Look! A Distraction!
    Years
  • *coughdependsonwhatyoumeanbymaturedcough*
    LOL no, all joking aside, well, I kinda joined about a week ago, so I really can't say much right now.

Years
  • Yes... in fact, it scares me how much I matured. ~_~

I used to be a n00b... and everyone hated me. Even though quite a lot of people still hate me, I'm not a n00b... thank gawd. I hated the old me.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeah, I have somewhat, however I'm not too sure that PC had a whole lot to do with it.
    Still, the thing I've noticed the most is probably that a couple years ago, I was certainly more hyper, and fangirly
    than I'am now. Like I said, PC didn't really have much to do with that..

I'm not sure that people who have watched my posts, or remember them, would have noticed much difference.
    Mainly because since I've joined this place, I've tried to keep my posting style pretty much the same.
    So if I've changed at all, it's not too noticable in my posts, I don't believe.

Still.. I might have to go check on that now, haha.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • I'm not sure sweeties. =/ I might have matured, or I must have already been mature when I joined PC. XD All I know is that I add the word "sweetie" to every post, does that show signs of maturity? XD

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • Yes. Definitely. I was 11 when I first joined on my old account, lol. (If I remember right)

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • I have matured a lot. I used to be a little newb and now I understand more and I dont fight with anyone when they try and correct me.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I say that none of you are mature for thinking you can get mature on a kid's website...

Yet that comment in and of itself was extremely immature :/

you don't mature because of the subject matter IMO; You mature because you have to learn to cooperate and communicate with other people and learn to get along.

Not to mention this isn't a mere "kid's website." That too is an immature comment and a way too stereotypical view on pokemon.

Maturity doesn't even have to do with what you like :/ I like Spongebob Squarepants and I view myself as mature for not merely labeling people over what somebody likes or anything related to that.

Another example of "Think before you post" :/

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Nah dude, I'm still the exact same person as I was back in January when I first joined up. I'm still the same egotistical, Self-centered, careless Murderface you all knew me as before..by you all, I mean the like, 4 people who I actually talked to before my name change >_>

Seriously, even if you go back and check my welcome thread, I type..basically the same way xD

Crimson Majestic

Crown Royale
    Years
  • When I first join all I cared for is my post count, speed posting, and getting known.
    Even I can say so, but that's not saying much... coming from me. :P

I digress...

Like him, I joined when the this place was first establish in 2003, back when PokemonElite2000 merged along with this fine community. Back then, we were fighting amongst ourselves while I used this as a substitute for PE2K then. Eventually, Ryan made his decision to withdraw from this joint effort. I was relieved, we could finally gain mutually exclusive friendships. Thus, I started to lose interest in PC and drifted off. Every once in awhile, I would lurk around to see if I could find something interesting, but not too often as many of you can tell these days. In retrospect, I regret leaving here, because now I am stuck there and isn't the same. Ah well, what can one do now?

What I am trying to say is that I'm slowly coming from an extrinsic view to actually trying to embrace broad and close friendships and acquaintances online, as silly as that sounds. Of course, I'm trying to do this in real life as well, but I don't expect to accomplish such an endeavor overnight.

By the way, if anyone cares to connect the pieces of my past, then perhaps Vegetto6252002, Vegetto625, Super Vegito 625, Vegito 625, and SSJ4 Metallica will come into light? Yes, in case you haven't noticed, I used to be a huge DBZ and Metallica fan.

Now that I have shared my life story, good luck to this actually lasting more than a couple minutes.

Back