• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

May 15, 2008: California Supreme Court Legalizes Same Sex Marriage

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    However, if you believe in evolution, you'd realize that gay genes would have been bred out of the species long ago, if they existed at all (a gay relationship obviously does not produce offspring).

You have no understanding of how evolution and genetics work. By your logic, hermaphroditism should have been 'bred out' of the species a long time ago. Do you know nothing of recessive and dominant traits? This is middle-school level science, and that's ignoring the fact that plenty of homosexuals actually do get married and have children with members of the opposite sex, you charlatan.

Have you seen San Francisco lately, the Homosexual Parades there are anything but love for all. Dressing up like Nuns, storming into churches, and harassing anti-homosexual persons doesn't look like "love for all" to me.

You can't attribute that to every gay person in the world.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Wow, I can't believe I missed this thread.
    Maybe this one will stay open.
    As long as n00bish homophobes don't start to scream there heads off with hate messages.
    Hm.

Anyway,
    I'm glad California finally realized that all people should have rights.
    Only 48 more states to go! :D

The sad part in all of this is some of the true reasons people hate homosexuals.
    I mean, when I was little, hated gays.
    wanna know the reeason why?
    SCARED THE CRAP OUTTA ME.

so, some of the reaons why is just as simple as that.
    and all they do is protect thier fear with stupid red neck exuses and
    psalms from the bible after they streched the truth till it was about to rip in half.

So, Thankfully California saw the truth like I did.
    Yay Cali! :D

*Throws streamers and Ballons*

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • You are wrong, the California Constitution doesn't even mention marriage at all. If you don't believe me, check for yourself.
    Also, your statement about homosexuals being some monumental force bent on love and peace for all just made me laugh a little.

Have you seen San Francisco lately, the Homosexual Parades there are anything but love for all. Dressing up like Nuns, storming into churches, and harassing anti-homosexual persons doesn't look like "love for all" to me.
    I didn't say that it mention anything about marriage. I may not know the exact phrasing or the exact Article, Section, Paraphrase, Sub-verse yada yada yada. But I do know that the Supreme Court deemed the ban on gay marriage unconstitutional; for if you offer something to some Californians, you must offer it to ALL Californians regardless or race, religion, creed, sex, orientation, etc.
    May I ask if you even know what the pride parade stands for and how it originated? And I find it rather ignorant to group all us gays into the same category based on what some drunken queens do >.>
    As for harrassing homophobes, welll now they know how we feel :/ I dont necessarily support it, but Im just saying its a two way street there buddy. Its not like we've never been harrassed.
    EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_pride_parade just read the first line or two of "History" thats all that you really need IMO

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I didn't say that it mention anything about marriage. I may not know the exact phrasing or the exact Article, Section, Paraphrase, Sub-verse yada yada yada. But I do know that the Supreme Court deemed the ban on gay marriage unconstitutional; for if you offer something to some Californians, you must offer it to ALL Californians regardless or race, religion, creed, sex, orientation, etc.
    May I ask if you even know what the pride parade stands for and how it originated? And I find it rather ignorant to group all us gays into the same category based on what some drunken queens do >.>
    As for harrassing homophobes, welll now they know how we feel :/ I dont necessarily support it, but Im just saying its a two way street there buddy. Its not like we've never been harrassed.
    EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_pride_parade just read the first line or two of "History" thats all that you really need IMO
    You don't "necessarily" support it? Could you clarify that?

Also, you say that it's ignorant to group all gays into the same category, but aren't you doing the same with homophobes? Describing someone as "homophobic" is one of the most vague things you can say. It can refer to someone who is completely prejudiced, and it can also refer to someone who has a deep, psychological, and involuntary fear of homosexuals.

In my opinion, a homosexual who harasses homophobes is no better than a homophobe who harasses homosexuals. If you really believed in equality, you would not imply that anyone deserves persecution based on belief.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • oh boi! another contreversal topic! My favorites...not. I start talking and things will start to get out of hand. Personally I'm against it for religous reasons, but since there is really no way of arguing against gay marriage in a seperation of church and state government, then whatever. I'm not the type of person to wave around those signs "GOD HATES FAGS." To me, that just says "wow, way to make my religion look bad. No wonder everybody hates us."

Xairmo

Years
  • You don't "necessarily" support it? Could you clarify that?

Also, you say that it's ignorant to group all gays into the same category, but aren't you doing the same with homophobes? Describing someone as "homophobic" is one of the most vague things you can say. It can refer to someone who is completely prejudiced, and it can also refer to someone who has a deep, psychological, and involuntary fear of homosexuals.

In my opinion, a homosexual who harasses homophobes is no better than a homophobe who harasses homosexuals. If you really believed in equality, you would not imply that anyone deserves persecution based on belief.

I don't really support the harrassment of anyone but all my life I've believed in the phrase "Do unto others as you'll have done to you". I just see it as karma really. If they're gonna harrass us for being different, then we're not just gonna sit there and take it. We've been harrassed long enough. But then on the other side this does end up causing more conflict :/ Harrassing homophobes doesn't make us any better than them, and it contradicts our over all goal of equality. I know that I would never harrass a homophobe but I know I'd want to. But I'd have to hold back for the "greater good" I suppose. And maybe homophobe isn't the correct word, maybe it's more along the lines of "bigot".

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
  • You don't "necessarily" support it? Could you clarify that?

Re-read what you just said.

I'll wait.

Done?
    Alright.

ENOUGH.
    look at it from a point of view of who was harrased first.
    It's like a student and a bully.

When the bully bullies the crap out of the student, The student bottles it all up because they know they are too much of weakling to stand up for themselves.
    and when the bully agitates them enough...

Boom.

All those emotions explode in one blow and they beat the crap out of the bully.
    and the bully's friends and bystanders all refer to the student as "No better than the bully",
    "A jackass", or my favorite, "A Jerk".

When in reality, the student was fed up with all this crap he's been getting for no particular reason. It was all because they were just them.

It's the same princible.
    Life's just a big schoolyard.
    Face the facts.

It's like everyone is PERFECTLY fine with the bully bullying the student, but God forbid the student defend himself.

Close your mouth and think for one second.
    What has the student done to you?

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • It was easy to come up with.
    Because that is how my school life is.
    EVERY. FREAKING. DAY.
    Just because I was me.
    I've been there. Take my advice, and tell a teacher or your guidance counselor. That's why they're there, they can help you. Don't try to handle the matter by yourself, it'll just make it worse. Don't just ignore it, that'll also make it worse. The way you make it sound like, you've been putting up with this for a long time. Get an adult and fix it now, waiting and putting up with it is just not worth it. If you're afraid about losing friends for being a snitch, don't. Anyone who would not be your friend because you called out for help isn't worth having as a friend.

Yes, life is like a schoolyard, but it doesn't have to be if we don't let it.

Years
  • Hmm...interesting.

I believe that Same Sex marriage should be legalized, because it is a free country after all, and same-sex unions are not un-natural, or weird, or some sort of freakish cult kind of union. It's about people who might like each other.

And also, it is not just related to humans, it's present in about 1,000 species of animals{Example: https://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1266787,00.html }, so anyone who says that being Gay is against the Church...I never Satan was gay. :x

Also, unless I heard my Biology teacher wrong, every person gets homosexual feelings varying from three seconds to several years.

Its hormones, anyway...all those 'saints' who're against homosexuality and flames it bigtime, might not mind staring at girls when their own puberty kicks in.

Either way, I hope other states take the initiative.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I would have preferred a Civil Union - which is essentially the same as marriage, but different terminology.. as to not mess up traditional dictionary definitions. T_T

Eitherway, it's just another step-forward for human rights and a slap in the face for homophobia. So I'm pleased with that aspect.

Xairmo

Years
  • XD I like the whole "slap in the face to homophobia" visual
    I just prefer that we don't have different terminology. It's hard for me to explain via internet text, but categorizing both heterosexual and homosexual union as marriage is a symbol of the equality of the two in this country.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
  • I've been there. Take my advice, and tell a teacher or your guidance counselor. That's why they're there, they can help you. Don't try to handle the matter by yourself, it'll just make it worse. Don't just ignore it, that'll also make it worse. The way you make it sound like, you've been putting up with this for a long time. Get an adult and fix it now, waiting and putting up with it is just not worth it. If you're afraid about losing friends for being a snitch, don't. Anyone who would not be your friend because you called out for help isn't worth having as a friend.

Yes, life is like a schoolyard, but it doesn't have to be if we don't let it.

Wow, you replyed to a post that wasn't even meant for you. T_T
    Fantastic.
    It wasn't even realated so technally, you went completely off-topic this is for gay marrage in Cali.

Anyway...
    Yeah yeah, Been there done that.
    THEY DO NOTHING.
    Yeah, I have been putting up with it for a long time! :D
    That is because the general public are complete *******s who only care about themselves and think thier always right.
    Again, Teachers do nothing for you, AND they make it sound like everything is YOUR fault.
    Lose friends for being a snitch...?
    WTF?
    The only friends I have are the ones who are funny and have a common sense percentage over .000001%
    I don't know where you pulled that out.

so yeah, next time, don't reply to the wrong post.
    and don't you DARE reply to this post.

I would have preferred a Civil Union - which is essentially the same as marriage, but different terminology.. as to not mess up traditional dictionary definitions. T_T

Eitherway, it's just another step-forward for human rights and a slap in the face for homophobia. So I'm pleased with that aspect.

Yay for human rights!

But, I don't get the aspect of civil union.
    you may get all the benefits of marriage,
    just... without the marriage. T_T

so, what's the point of bonding together like marriage when there is none at all...?

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I'd like to bring up another point. A lot of people are saying that if two people of the same gender love each other enough to get married, they should have the right to do so.

I would argue that there is too much emphasis placed on sex as a symbol of love. I can truthfully say that I love my male friends (in a platonic sense), but would find it to be no benefit to our love should we engage in homosexual activities. That wouldn't be a sign of a loving relationship to me. We would also never get married because, as I stated before, marriage is for the purpose of a sanctified sexual relationship. You don't have to be married to love someone.

The same goes for how I would view a loving relationship between a man and a woman. If I had a girlfriend, I wouldn't need sex to show me that she loved me. I would know she loved me by how she acted: being faithful, showing that she truly cared about me, etc. etc.

Love is giving of yourself without expecting something in return, and sex just isn't an act that fits that description, no matter who it is between.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I just think it's about time yet another state in America stopped being so homophobic. If they want a religious marriage however, I think it's best left at the discretion the religion in question.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I'd like to bring up another point. A lot of people are saying that if two people of the same gender love each other enough to get married, they should have the right to do so.

I would argue that there is too much emphasis placed on sex as a symbol of love. I can truthfully say that I love my male friends (in a platonic sense), but would find it to be no benefit to our love should we engage in homosexual activities. That wouldn't be a sign of a loving relationship to me. We would also never get married because, as I stated before, marriage is for the purpose of a sanctified sexual relationship. You don't have to be married to love someone.

The same goes for how I would view a loving relationship between a man and a woman. If I had a girlfriend, I wouldn't need sex to show me that she loved me. I would know she loved me by how she acted: being faithful, showing that she truly cared about me, etc. etc.

Love is giving of yourself without expecting something in return, and sex just isn't an act that fits that description, no matter who it is between.

I don't really understand your comparison, unless you mean that gays are only able to express their love through sex?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I'd like to bring up another point. A lot of people are saying that if two people of the same gender love each other enough to get married, they should have the right to do so.

Relationships in general are not just about sex you know. I think you are looking at to much of a religous aspect. I mean marrriage in this day and age isn't just about sexual activity. Also, I don't think that intercourse is the only way people can express love...

Back