• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen May 16 Pokémon Sunday update: Battle Scene footage!

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2014
    I am hoping that's a development thing... because that's a part of Generation I that should NEVER return to the series. As much as I like Red and Blue, it's a horrible idea to bring back the back sprites...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I never noticed this until someone made this thread...just like I never noticed now pixelated the RBY backsprites were until someone complained about it years later. >_>

Once you immerse yourself in a game...any game... the quality of the graphics don't bother you.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I don't follow,
    what's wrong with them?

Are you referring to the fact they appear somewhat pixelled?

If so, do you realize that's what a sprite is? A collection of pixels arranged to form an image. . .
    The only reason they appear blurry, you realize, is because the camera is now dynamic? The sprites and camera-angle will be constantly moving.

These are beta sprites? They will look better? What are you talking about? Not only are they not going to change all the sprites at this point but they look fine anyway and unless there's a screenshot I've missed where they actually use Red and Blue style I'm going to continue thinking very few people here ever know what they're talking about.

Last edited:

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
    Years
    maybe you should take a step back and look at the sprites again, they look better dont they? :) aha in all seriousness though i never noticed and still dont notice any RedandBlue back sprite style in the screenshots, thats just me though

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    The new sprites look epic enough to me.
    Stop complaining and move on, no one is asking you to buy B/W if you dislike it.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    These are beta sprites? They will look better? What are you talking about? Not only are they not going to change all the sprites at this point but they look fine anyway and unless there's a screenshot I've missed where they actually use Red and Blue style I'm going to continue thinking very few people here ever know what they're talking about.

No, they do change. Click here, it's a prerelease screenshot of DP. There is a possibility that they still might change around the sprites a bit. Although honestly I don't mind them so much as they are now.

Last edited:

Starling008

Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Don't you just love it how that girl in the video keeps screaming and wailing?
    Although the video quality on my computer is bad(because of an unstable wireless connection), I am mildly impressed with the battle footage. It isn't a complete revolution, but it is a good step up from previous games. I just can't wait until Pokemon becomes a complete virtual reality that you yourself can step into...

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    That looks awesome :D

BUT WAIT IS THAT ZOROARK A SHAPESHIFTER?

I DIDNT KNOW THAT D:

Back