• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

May vs. Dawn--Who's Better

Who's Better ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
    btw - the only thing I hate about Hikari is IkariShipping. If any Pokemon character goes with Shinji it's Ash. Besides IMO it gets the cutest hints in the show now (Shirona episode).

Ash/Paul (Hehe... Paul).

And who May was anything like Misty. Misty feisty and May was not. It's so obvious!

I don't like Dawn's hair. It baffles me more than May's. Just how do you get clipped sideburns and a ponytail?

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I don't like Dawn's hair. It baffles me more than May's. Just how do you get clipped sideburns and a ponytail?

Look at it ! She has it mostly in the back, (no ponytail !) clipped up by two yellow hair clips !

Me2UJus4Free

Years
    Look at it ! She has it mostly in the back, (no ponytail !) clipped up by two yellow hair clips !

She does too have a ponytail, and stop image leeching! Answers.com does not pay bandwidth each month just so you can leech off their site.

See, she has an unusual amount of hair that's thick and ponytail/clipped sideburns.

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
    I'll go with Hikari/Dawn because it took the D/P Generation games and Hikari to get me back into Pokémon as much as I am now. XD Oh, and May annoys me somehow. Especially whenever I see the Manaphy movie on TV...just, ow. x_x

Basically, I feel that Hikari adds a certain flair to the show that Haruka didn't have. And that same feeling had been missing ever since Misty had gone away, so...Oh yea! Max too. Don't like him. Thinks he's all special. Getting his own storylines like he were actually important. Blah.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Max wasn't important, he shouldn't have been on the show, he tanked most of May's popluarity beacuse he was so annoying and just so smart, like he knew everything, I don't like those people. and I don't like Max. At least Dawn/Hikari didn't bring an annoying little brother/sister on the show

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Dawn has more character than May as more episodes focus around Dawn, but saying that Dawn is a clone of May of sorts so I'm pretty much undecided... I hope in the next season -if there's a next season- that the gang should be: Ash, Misty/May/Dawn and then the Male character from that generation. Something new besides contests and Gym battles for the Male and then May/Dawn would be entering contests or if it's Misty then she can perhaps enter contests or something... Also Pachirisu is godly but that's besides the point. (I just realised how offtopic my post is x3)

STM

My DS doesn't read DS games...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2013
    Well, while May wasn't good at first she became very talented, plus she has my favorite Pokemon, Squirtle. Plus she's really cute when shes crying "sad" but true. Although the fact that she brought max into the anime, god it makes me shiver sometimes, but its funny to watch him cry lol. May's cute when she's crying Max isn't, but it sure is funny to watch. So in a way I guess I'm glad about Max. Anyway this is about May, she's a great coordinator, I used to.....yeah to her I know she's only 10, I'm 13, its only a 3 year difference but still, yeah its wrong, I was a hardcore pervert back then, now I do the thing I used to do to May to Tsunade from Naruto she is UBER HAWT. Anyway, I prefer May over Dawn anyway. And the person who said everyone's Pokemon is evolving (cept Pikachu of course), I don't think Turtwig is gonna evolve, if you wanna know why, just go on YouTube and type in Paul vs Cynthia.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    Hikari is smarter IMO.
    She actually suggested Ash to use his old pokemon from the older seasons instead of using the team he has now to beat Roark.
    But Ash had to be dumb and say no...I mean, he could've used his Corphish or Chikorita or something.

May is dumb.
    She keeps trusting Harley or whatever his name is(the guy in the cacturne suit...or woman) after all the times he(or she) lied to her about the contests.

Me2UJus4Free

Years
    Hikari is smarter IMO.
    She actually suggested Ash to use his old pokemon from the older seasons instead of using the team he has now to beat Roark.
    But Ash had to be dumb and say no...I mean, he could've used his Corphish or Chikorita or something.

May is dumb.
    She keeps trusting Harley or whatever his name is(the guy in the cacturne suit...or woman) after all the times he(or she) lied to her about the contests.

I fail to see how that makes Dawn smarter and May dumber. May would have given Ash the same advice, and Dawn would have trusted Harley as well. The guy's sneaky... and a crossdresser.

SilencedShooter

Revenga
    Years
    Well, while May wasn't good at first she became very talented, plus she has my favorite Pokemon, Squirtle. Plus she's really cute when shes crying "sad" but true. Although the fact that she brought max into the anime, god it makes me shiver sometimes, but its funny to watch him cry lol. May's cute when she's crying Max isn't, but it sure is funny to watch. So in a way I guess I'm glad about Max. Anyway this is about May, she's a great coordinator, I used to.....yeah to her I know she's only 10, I'm 13, its only a 3 year difference but still, yeah its wrong, I was a hardcore pervert back then, now I do the thing I used to do to May to Tsunade from Naruto she is UBER HAWT. Anyway, I prefer May over Dawn anyway. And the person who said everyone's Pokemon is evolving (cept Pikachu of course), I don't think Turtwig is gonna evolve, if you wanna know why, just go on YouTube and type in Paul vs Cynthia.

Yeah bro....you don't wanna say things like that.

Chelc

Years
    Hikari is smarter IMO.

May is dumb.

Ash wasn't dumb - he knew it was a good idea, but he didn't want to use any pokemon from the previous regions, because you know how Ash is all about using his current team no matter what. I don't see how that makes Dawn "smart," because like Me2UJus4Free said, May (heck, anyone probably would have) suggested the same thing to him.

May's not dumb, either - she's 10-years-old, of course she's going to trust him at first. Everyone has trusted someone that they shouldn't have at some point in their lives. Not trusting Harley was a huge part of development for her character as well.

As for Harley, come on - sure he's pretty creepy, but we love him for it! ;P *shot*

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Who said about Harley and crossdressing? James used to all the time. Wonder why he doesn't now, it was so funny. I thought Harley was hilarious, at one point he was one of my favourite characters. When I got back into Pokemon somewhere around Advanced Battle I actually had to ask whether he was a man or woman XD

Darkrai_Enterprises

Dark Master
    Years
    May is a piece of turd. Dawn is smarter,cute,and doesn't have a rag doll for a brother. What more can you ask for? Dawn is perfect in my eyes. Thats says alot coming from me because I have great taste.

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
    Okay, well the reasons I like Dawn beacuse well I just like how she dresses (not comment on her mini-skirt). She's the Sinnoh girl, and I think she mops the floor with May. Dawn rules, May drools, end of story

Ok. One question. Why the hell are you even in the May club if you're insulting her?

And about the whole May/Dawn intelligence thing. I think May is smarter than Dawn. Yes, May USED to be very ditsy and clumsy. But every girl has those moments. But Dawn just seems really, uh, 'slowish' to me. Wasn't it her who didn't know how to open a pokeball? And then she did that 'OMIGOSH!' gasp thing. Dawn just has that certain thing to her personality. She just reminds me of one of those extreme stupid preppy girls. xD;

And you know Dawn would fall for Harley's tricks as easy as May did.

Years
    Keep it respectable, people. Anyway, the big difference with May/Dawn is confidence and outlook. But they're interesting in their respective way. Although, personally, I'll go with May because of her realistic neurosis and Dawn is too obnoxious for my tastes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    May is a piece of turd. Dawn is smarter,cute,and doesn't have a rag doll for a brother. What more can you ask for? Dawn is perfect in my eyes. Thats says alot coming from me because I have great taste.

You have great taste with an opinion like that? God forbid.

I really like both of them, with May just *slightly* more than Dawn since she brought Contests to the show, whereas Dawn simply repeats the Contest/coordinator storyline. She's still a very, very fun character though.

Both of them in general make Misty look so bland in comparison.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back