• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maybe Later >>

Are you a slacker?

• Yes

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I'd answer that, but that would mean i'd have to click one of the choices

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • I agree with that girl in the first post

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Maybe Later >>

Ok, so there IS a thread from April 16th, but its pretty dead and its not completely related.

so anyways, how often do you slack off from huge assignments, only to do them at the last second?

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • I do have to agree with the girl in the poster. XD

That is absolutely me. If we had a project set 3 weeks prior, I'd be up doing it the night before. That's just how I am.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Ya, i figured i'd make this thread cuz i'm currently working on a 1500 word essay due tomorrow XD

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • I used to be really horrible for it too yeah, not studying until the night before etc. But I'm a lot better now, because I actually care about what I'm studying so I love reading/writing about it :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I'm definitely slack, and always leave work to the last minute. ;) But by leaving it to the last moment, it gives me that motivation to actually get it done before a dead-line, which is like the next day, and it works! XD Y'all understand what I mean?

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • actually thats me,oh and sometimes i never bother to think so i copy from my classmates(hey they copy to me too...when i just did my homework)

Years
  • I do it way too often for my own good. But on the other hand... it's hard not to for me, not when I have so many other things I can do. And that's why I always put it off, and then I get so stressed. ;;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I work better under pressure. So put off almost EVERY assignment to the very end. I know it's a bad thing, since I don't always finish in time but it's such a hard habit to break. XD;

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I'm slacking off right now. =D

I have a portfolio (with a short rewrite) due by five, my financial aid, three short papers, and one final to study for. And yet, I'm here. And this isn't the first time I've done something like this.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Pfft...1500 words is nothing in the age of computers. Those limitations are only there for those foolish enough to do their homework with pencil and paper. xP

Anyway, I'm a happy little procrastinator I am. Usually I just can't get into the right typing mood without a good bit of last-minute pressure behind me. Luckily, I've always been a good essay writer and most of the homework assignments are lit. analysis (my strongest front) so I've always done okay. For the very major ones, I can be pretty disciplined, though. Like my essay on transcendental numbers or my recent revision for finals. It takes some serious pressure, though, as I'm not very disciplined by nature. n_n

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • Does it look like I work on my assignments early?
    Hell no, I'm currently working on 4 assigments with are all due in for today. I started on them like 5 hours ago, now it's like 4:22am, I probably hand in my assignments in like 3pm later on today, so I still have enough time to finish them all. :P Nothing like the good old last minute pressure behind your back << which means no sleep for me =/

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah...I cant work unless there is a fire under me...Be it A due date or a burning passion like the one i feel for pokemon or video games...It's hard to focus without the pressure...Besides why spread out the torture of completeing a tedious task over a long period of time...You will just burn out and lose all passion for life if you do that too much because you will be running 10 projects at a time and have no time for yourself or others that you care about...Procrastinators naturally wont even take a project until it is close to due...then we work our rears off and finish it in a day...and surprisingly enough the body's adrenalin levels from such stress sharpens your skills so much...Especially brain power. It is logical and not irresposible to procrastinate...It's not resposible if it is late though...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    For school, I used to be a slacker. It wasn't until this previous semester that I finally decided to settle down and actually work. Of course, it helped that I had enjoyed the classes I had. Except for one. That class I slacked off in. So I completely agree with that girl in the poster. xD

At work, I don't slack. I compete with myself to see how fast I can get a task done. It's rather fun.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I only hold off on mine assignments and french homework. Primarily because I have about a half an hour in the morning to do my homewrok, so I do it then.

I rarely hold off on big projects. I've only done so on three this term, which is more than usual. But I did good regardless, so it's not too bad if I put of the assigment.

I try not to though.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I finished my senior project in about four days. It's due on Friday and I've been able to work on it since January. :cheeky:

Back