• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Me And My Double

Years
    When you move to a new school or to a new area to you get people who look like you or act the same way as you or someone else you know?
    How do you react or feel about it?

For me at my college ICT course there is one guy who is exactly like i was back in high school. Really into computers and starting up clubs to get others involved.
    And there is also two other guys who are like two other people in my old high school ICT course. they act the same, look kinda the same. They even have the same body language!
    For me i find it kind of creepy (o.O)

Also sorry if this is in the wrong part, i get confused between other chat and other voting poll :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    No, I just talk to random people who are conveniently nearby.
    I recently started new courses at college, so I'm in a different 'department' and I knew nobody. I just strike up conversation with people in the same classes as me, I don't really observe them at all beforehand.
    Although I suppose if they are in the same class as me then they will already have that one thing in common with me anyway.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    I don't do that, it somehow happens.

Something one of my friends does is when he meets someone new, he compares them to someone he used to know (even going far as to replace the old person with the new one in his mind)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Not really. I really don't hang out with others who are in my field of study... I just go to class and that's it. The ones I hang out with are younger from me that I met through living in the same dorm or attending the same clubs as them and aside from any common club interests, we are all quite different. And I have never met anyone who could pass as my double, and nobody with the same oddball interests as me xD Closest thing I've come is saying, "You're kinda like someone I knew in high school because of <insert here>" but never anyone who was the exact spitting image of someone I knew before.

*hopes I answered the question correctly, lol*

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    No. I don't tend to look for friends. I just wait around and wait till someone actually talks to me, then I look for traits in common. Since I'm shy and all.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I usually just wait around and let someone come to me and talk. But there are times when I just go straight to the person and talk to them, though those times are rare.

cynical_terror

тѳӎѳяяѳw is вяiҩнтзя
    Years
    I think the question is do you know anyone who acts like you or someone you know and it's weird for you. ._.;

Well, the thing is that no one else is quite like me. XD I moved and went to a new school and everyone kind of was like "whoa" because I'm eccentric. And after a while people started liking that and there were a few kids who thought they could copy it and do it right and they really didn't, and they made fools out of themselves. So yeah, I'm kind of one-of-a-kind, so not many people act like me.

This one popular girl, Emily, got annoyed with me, though, because I act kind of similar to her. She's loud and obnoxious and eccentric, and so am I, and she started to get even more loud and obnoxious and eccentric because I was around, and everyone thought it was annoying. >.>

Back