• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Me as a Pokémon trainer! Look you must!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    All right amigos! Here's Phil. That's me... as a Pokémon trainer! The picture on the left is an age-old drawing I did somewhere around 2001. The other is of course the updated kind! What say you to this? It's part of a "series" of drawings and ideas I had of a Pokémon "series" that me and some friends made up back in the good ol' Poké-days. :D

I have written a little intro about the idea I have for you below as well...

Pokémon, like for many morons such as myself, has become an immense nostalgia factor! Obviously I couldn't care less for those (new) creatures these days (even though the games are still good, but repetitive).

but the heyday of Pokémon-mania, at least for me in the United States, was 1999. It was CRAZY! The element that got me so hooked to this franchise was the freedom and non-linear style of gameplay. You could be YOURSELF! Whatever Pokémon you chose could be used! That was the best part of the whole shebang!

So, to get things started, me, my younger brother, and a bunch of friends made up our own humorous and fantastic adventures by drawing (done by me) and just randomly telling stories and playing Red/Blue/Yellow together back in the day! I collected all this material and turned it into a potential "Alternate Universe" "show", that would have been a fantastic and, in my opinion, better show than the ultra-repetitive existing show that we have today. Don't get me wrong, the Indigo League and Orange Island seasons were phenomenal (in a nostalgia point of view).

So what this project will be about, will be essentially Characters, bios, and stories... plus explanations and notes about the "series" that we invented in our 'alternate' Poké-Universe! So I think this would be a pretty interesting ride into someone else's ideas and notes about the show and overall "Pokémon" world!

Having received severe nostalgia-hits some days prior, made me want to (finally) release all my notes and ideas about this new series (that will never happen) to you loving Pokéfans to read and submit feedback; and what would a project be without some collaboration? I can't wait to share with all of you what I had in mind for this world back in 2000 to 2002... what I'm trying to do now, is attract some attention to it. I can't wait to start this!

I know I sound like an idiot, and I myself have not been a Pokémon fan since then, but I thought the best place to submit artwork and stories about these ideas would be in the Pokémon community... such as this.

I hope you'd get a bit interested if I made something like this. These sketches... some were done this week, some were done six to seven years ago! Yes, each has a funky story to tell!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    oh hey! I also attempted drawing Phil in "Pokémon Adventures" manga style! The Mato-illustration kind...

please ignore the terrible squiggly inking and shading... :-/

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Hey guys! I've prepared a few character/show bios/infos and hope I've got an 'audience' enough for me to show it around. So, If I do, I'll be posting it up ASAP! Thanks!

(yes, that means I would like to hear a response from you in order for my confidence to boost up and send you some funky artwork! :)

Vexar

Trainer
    Years
    Sick improvement. You still have a ways to go, but you've done a massive improvement in your time as an artist ^^.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    thanks, man. You mentioned I have a long way to go (which is true, don't get me wrong)... could you tell me what I could be improving on? Besides the obvious inking/coloring that I'd like to improve on... and the fact that proportions and being "on-model" is so tricky.

What I'd really like to share is some more drawings and infos on the characters co-created by me BASED off of real people and their status in the Game Boy games! Which was back in 2001. :cool:

Drawicia

the artist of evil
    Years
    you drew those sketches? whoa i could never draw stuff like that. and i am a pretty good drawer.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    hooray! :D Sincerest thanks that you replied! I hardly get those... honestly :nervous:

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    The Alternate Pokémon Series Overview/Outline! Art will come soon!

thanks, o Grovyle of the Forest.

I shall NOW, yes, now... talk about this "series" I was bickering about on the title topic!

The setting is Kanto and Johto. Obviously having more to do with Kanto because, let's face it, it's so much cooler; it's the original! (The reason any 3rd or 4th gens aren't necessarily present, is because we made it up before those appeared, so bah.)

The "anime" show (it never had a title, it kind of became a temp-title called "Pokémon Chronicles/Heroes"; not to be confused with the EXISTING seasons which came much later) would have been comprised of focusing on one of probably six protagonist groups in any given episode. Namely Ash (if you're considering this to be canon material), Jake, Ffion, Wake, Hrvoje (or Hrzo), and Pix. All of which are based off of real people. I'll tell you about the characters later... just hold on!

so, for example an episode of Jake's adventures would be shown (standard 14-12 min. episode fare). Then an episode of Ash's adventures afterwards (also 14 minutes). I haven't counted how long ACTUAL Pokémon episodes last, but I think this works. Anyway, it would be this kind of random adventure cycle in episodes that, to me, would be really refreshing. Also, these episodes would often cross-over each other.

For example Wake would be stuck in a situation in a cliff-hanger ending of the episode, then it opens up to let's say Ash and his buddies (because you all know of them) who coincidentally happen to find Wake stuck in the situation we last left him in.​

To me, this would be a closer adaptation to the games, because the best thing about RPGs and especially Pokémon, is that there is a huge diversity in gameplay for each person. This show would have emphasized that based on the separate-storyline-episodes. Also, it would be interesting to see each character's points of views on many of the same things and places(obviously it wouldn't be EXACTLY the same). And so on and so forth.

I'll be going into detail very soon. I just want to read what you would think of it so far. Just hold on, guys! Much more to come! :paranoid:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Wow. You really have improved a lot!
    I love the character design by the way.. Nice sketches too ^^

Oh you have to repost anything you had here in the last week because there was a problem with PC and they had to use a backup to bring it back...

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    ah crap, now I have to write stuff ALL over again...

well thanks, amigos! Very nice to hear/read from you!

Hey look! It's JAKE!

a Pokémon trainer I took a lot of effort to describe, but it got erased by this stupid PC Forum... Aaaaaarrrghh!

Well, anyway... here's another picture of Jake.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Wow Phil these are excellent, have you ever drawn manga? I think you'd rock at that.

The Pokemon TV show that never was is incredible, I love the blue used and your style is quite noticable. You really did improve from old to new, and a nice design as well.

Only crits I could possibly make is maybe some of the proportions are incorrect in the TV show never was banner.

Anyways this is quite the fantastic work, and Ill definitly be watching this thread fro here on out. ;D Keep it up! ;D

Back