• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Me Myself and Time-Similar to Star Trek: TNG episode (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshi1001

Pokemon Disc Jockey
    Years
    In today's episode, a girl's future self goes back in time to make sure her past self persues her dreams.

Interestingly, in an Episode of Star Trek: The Next Geneneration, an adult Alexander (Worf's son) goes back in time to encoourge his past self to follow Klingon ways.

In both cases, this is not revealed until late in the episode.

Interesting, no?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    And why not? Pokemon's been ripping things off of other shows for years. Of course they'll rip off of Star Trek every once in awhile.

List of shows/movies that Pokemon has ripped off of (that I know of):

Shows:

Dragonball , Z, GT etc...
    Star Trek
    Star Trek: TNG
    Power Rangers
    Sailor Moon (in almost EVERY episode of Pokemon)
    Looney Tunes (Wil E Coyote in particular)
    Captain Planet
    Transformers

Movies:

Poseidon Adventure
    Jurassic Park
    Romeo and Juliet
    Phantom of the Opera

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    You know, I didn't even think about that... Of course, if US shows are ripped off of, then Animes will be too. It's just a rule of Japanese Animation.

yoshi1001

Pokemon Disc Jockey
    Years
    I've often viewed Pokemon as an anime-parody anime. There are many takoffs on Anime conventions (giant robots, evil crime organizations, police officers, nurses...)

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    ...When has Pok?mon "ripped off" Dragon Ball, Power Rangers and Looney Tunes? Plus the ONLY time I've ever seen them make a gag relating to Sailor Moon was with the episodes involving Kimimaro/Phantom when the Rocket Gang dress EXACTLY like Tuxedo Kamen and Sonansu goes right through the moon in the background.

Years
    This episode was preety weird IMO -_- When they were talking about time, it reminded me of the movie "Mewtwo Returns" when Mewtwo talked about time itself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back