• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

me > you

Poki

Banned
Years
  • Can you pinpoint the exact moment when confidence turns into downright arrogance/narcissism?

When is it that kind of behavior justified?

Do you know anyone (except me) like that? If so, what's your opinion on them?

I just wanna know why people think that's necessarily a bad quality to possess. Refrain from using feelings as a reason if you want to be taken seriously.

Sir Codin

Mad Max: Fury Road was the coolest thing I had ever seen until I looked in a mirror.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • There's absolutely nothing wrong with being confident. Saying something like: "I feel that despite the flaws I do have, I am an attractive person." is completely fine.
    There is something wrong about being narcissistic and acting like you're the only attractive person or the most attractive person, however. Saying "I'M THE HOTTEST PERSON ALIVE!" is not a good thing. xD

Last edited:

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • There's absolutely nothing wrong with being confident. Saying something like: "I feel that despite the flaws I do have, I am an attractive person." is completely fine.
    There is something wrong about being narcissistic and acting like you're the only attractive person or the most attractive person, however. Saying "I'M THE HOTTEST PERSON ALIVE!" is not a good thing. xD
    Okay, but narcissism is a lot more than just feeling attractive.

Years
  • When you're not able to hear criticism, positive or negative. Either you're at the point where you don't realize it's criticism or you disregard it completely.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I don't think it's a good quality at all because acting like you're superior also makes other feel like they're inferior, which is never a good thing.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • There are many reasons being narcissistic could be a bad thing. You could end up ridiculed and secluded for one. I think Riddler from the Arkham games is the perfect example of that. You begin to think you're so much better than everyone when really, you're not, and thus everyone laughs at you and thinks of you like a fool, ending with social seclusion and inability to create lasting relationships.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • There are many reasons being narcissistic could be a bad thing. You could end up ridiculed and secluded for one. I think Riddler from the Arkham games is the perfect example of that. You begin to think you're so much better than everyone when really, you're not, and thus everyone laughs at you and thinks of you like a fool, ending with social seclusion and inability to create lasting relationships.
    Oh, now I get an argument that it's bad because of how others are gonna feel about you. If anything, knowing how much better you're off, and proving it is a reason to be happy. "Society/feelings/relationships" Pfft. Try again.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • Despite what you learned from movies, what others think actually does matter, as you need some sort of interactions. Being socially secluded leads to health problems both mentally and in some cases physically. Good enough for you? Or do you want it spelled out in mac and cheese bits?

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Despite what you learned from movies, what others think actually does matter, as you need some sort of interactions. Being socially secluded leads to health problems both mentally and in some cases physically. Good enough for you? Or do you want it spelled out in mac and cheese bits?
    I suggest you learn the difference between being socially secluded and caring about what others think of you before making such ridiculous claims. This is anything but good.

Back