• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Meat from cloned Animals is safe to eat?

Would you wat a cloned meat product?

• Total voters

mega-dark

In a alternate universe
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Huh?
    • Seen Sep 5, 2010
    Well i heard this a few days ago and i was wondering what do some of you guys think about eating cloned animal products. Me, now way! I don't mind food right now with all these chemicals in it but a Cloned animal, man i can't even imagin if i discover i've eaten a cloned animal in the last week. >_< So what do you guys think about this. Would you eat cloned animals or not or do you just don't care.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I don't think I'd like to eat cloned meat until it was in the market for awhile. I'm afraid of weird side-effects and the like x.x It might taste like real meat, but still, it's got that eerie quality about it that it's artificial. Artificial meat. How awkward.

I think this is better for Other Voting Polls though...

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Considering that a clones are an exact duplicate, there shouldn't be any problem health wise when consuming cloned animals. Heck, even when the DNA is messed around with there isn't much to worry about, if anything.

Also, this is better suited for Other Voting Polls.

moved

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've also heard about this, I suppose you live in the UK?

The only thing with clones is, they'd be more suspectable to disease. Other than that, I can't see anything wrong with cloned meat. However, like Chibi-chan, I'd probably wait a while.

Years
    Cloned meat is perfectly okay AND healthy to consume, it's been scientifically proven and if you employ a little logic on how cloning works, you'd been able to sort it out by yourselves.

Nevertheless, health and "possible side-effects" aside, there are people who have moral problems with cloned meat. Most of them are religious.

I personally have no issues with cloned meat.

Years
    Well i heard this a few days ago and i was wondering what do some of you guys think about eating cloned animal products. Me, now way! I don't mind food right now with all these chemicals in it but a Cloned animal, man i can't even imagin if i discover i've eaten a cloned animal in the last week. >_< So what do you guys think about this. Would you eat cloned animals or not or do you just don't care.

Hey, what do you have against Chemicals huh? Have you seen the stuff they put in Food Nowadays? Yerk! Problem, is, we have 2 Options: Either Eat or Starve to Death.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Theres no difference about the produce from a clone animal to a normal one, nor would there be any 'side effects' :S
    Seriously why whine about it? everyone knows that going to mcdonalds is unhealthy, but I can't image this stops you from getting some fast food.

Also you eat cloned plants all the time- strawberries, potatoes, beans and so on. You clearly don't feel guilty about that do you?

it's got that eerie quality about it that it's artificial
    No it's not a 'fake meat' like tofu. It's still meat and identical to meat taken from whatever it's cloned from.
    The only thing with clones is, they'd be more suspectable to disease.
    And no they're not - a clone has the same likelihood of catching something as its parent. If anything something to be cloned would be chosen because it is more resistant to a disease ~_~

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    And no they're not - a clone has the same likelihood of catching something as its parent. If anything something to be cloned would be chosen because it is more resistant to a disease ~_~
    What I mean is, if one of the clones gets a disease, with all the others being genetically identical there's a higher likelihood of them all falling victim to the disease equally.

mega-dark

In a alternate universe
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Huh?
    • Seen Sep 5, 2010
    Hey, what do you have against Chemicals huh? Have you seen the stuff they put in Food Nowadays? Yerk! Problem, is, we have 2 Options: Either Eat or Starve to Death.

I have nothing against chemicals in food what so ever. I mean i like apples and most the apples i eat probley have chemicals to kepp then lasting longer and to keep bugs off then. So i don't mind chemicals in my food (as long as it doesn't kill me >_>) i just don't like the idea of eating something cloned. But then again someone (i forget the name who posted) says plants get cloned all the time. True but these are animals we're cloning here not plants.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    there are people who have moral problems with cloned meat. Most of them are religious.

I don't see how can it not be morel to eat cloned meat. It's the same as eating an uncloned cow. It's basically meaning it lives again with different memories (IMO)

I wouldn't be able to find anything wrong with it health wise. If we can eat a normal version we can eat a cloned version.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I don't eat it because my parents don't like... buy it...

but every time I see it I can't help but think SPAM(the canned meat, not the off-topc discussions fyi). Artificial meat flashes through my mind.

>>
    <<

...I feel bad for saying that ><

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't eat it because my parents don't like... buy it...

but every time I see it I can't help but think SPAM(the canned meat, not the off-topc discussions fyi). Artificial meat flashes through my mind.

>>
    <<

...I feel bad for saying that ><
    You do know this thread is about cloned meat (which I don't think one can currently buy), and not processed meat, right?

Sorry if I count as being off-topic or something.

Last edited:
    Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Chances are, if I wasn't aware that it was meat from a cloned animal, I would probably eat it, but what's actually the point of this? like, aren't there enough animals to mindlessly slaughter for our own hunger needs anyways? Why should one animal have to endure the pain of being killed for its meat twice? xD

I don't see myself being able to eat it by choice. I mean, even if it is the same, the entire thought behind it is kinda..disguisting XD

Years

How about organic food? Isn't that the point of it...? o_O Or maybe I've misinterpreted the idea of organic food, I'm not sure.

I wouldn't even know if it was cloned meat, most likely. As long as it tastes like normal meat, it wouldn't bother me. It's... meat. ._.;

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    No way,
    It is like eating artificial meat, I actually feel sick. I sometimes also feel sick at eating normal meat :/ But if I didn't know it was cloned meat, I would feel happy to eat it but feel sick afterwards.

~C3LEBI

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Things that are cloned still have to be born and grow up and stuff. It's not like they're being hacked together with scrap metal. I don't see how it would be any different than a non-cloned animal. It's not as if you press a button and suddenly there's a clone. It's the same as having a twin.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    I would be VERY self conscious about it, but as some people said above, if I wasn't aware that the meat was cloned, and it tasted the same, then I wouldn't have a problem..

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
    I don't see any issues with eating meat from cloned animals. It's the same as eating a regular animal. It's like getting two for the price of one ;D If you think about it; if they continue to clone, it should save other animal populations from decreasing any more than we've already done.

Back