• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mechamon: You got your Pokémon in my Robots: Now with 100% more fangame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amarantine

The psychic baritone ♠
Years
  • While I prefer to get the front sprites from a variety of sources whenever possible to save me time, I can also make some quick and dirty back sprites until I have more time and resoucrs to concentrate on a unified style for front and back sprites.

I think those may work well at the moment :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    I found the whole premise to be hilarious but what you've got so far seems, to be honest, not that interesting. I hope you make this more than a flimsy reskin of your average pokémon game, which is what it looks like so far.

Syllyra

Pokémon Underground: Surfacing
    Years
  • I think you found a new jacket to fit Pokeworld.
    Though I must say that your mecha's ingame must be better sprited (no offense)
    I just think the can be better.
    Overall speaking, I think you got a fine game in the making.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    This looks great and is very original, please continue the work and I am hoping to catch myself a wild Shinkirõ!! :D

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013

I'm not completely dead, honest (I just haven't got the data files consistent to let the game compile and load at this minute).

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    We now resume normal service.

#007 - Getter 1
    Type: Beam

Spoiler:

One of the three starter mecha, the Getter Robo is often regarded as one of the three "fathers" of modern mecha, along with Mazinger Z and the Gundam. It popularised the idea of the combining Super Robot, piloted by a team of characters. I briefly played with the idea of allowing the Getter to change between it's three different forms (Getters 1,2 and 3) at will, but decided to leave them as separate mecha for gameplay and balance reasons.

Gameplay wise, the Getter 1 family favours high attack and speed stats over it's defensive ability.

[watch this space.]

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    What about giving the tiles a more futuristic look?
    I considered that, but figured it wouldn't fit as well with the Pokémon gameplay (or look as funny) and would take me longer to edit the tiles as well as upscaling them.

Now, let's take another look at our three starter mecha:

from left to right,

Mazinger Z
    Type: Hotblood

Not much else to say about this guy then what has already been mentioned. Thanks to their construction from the ultra-tough metal Super Alloy Z, the Mazinger family are able to take hits and still have plenty of HP left.

RX-78 Gundam
    Type: Real

The Gundam and it's successors are some of the most well known mecha around and, despite not initally faring well and even being canceled towards the end of it's run, the original Mobile Suit Gundam helped lay the foundation for what would become known as "real-robot" shows, and launched a franchise that is still going strong over 30 years later.

The Gundam is a bit more frail then the other two starters, but also pretty fast to make up for it.

Getter 1
    Type: Beam

Great Mazinger said:
    One of the three starter mecha, the Getter Robo is often regarded as one of the three "fathers" of modern mecha, along with Mazinger Z and the Gundam. It popularised the idea of the combining Super Robot, piloted by a team of characters. I briefly played with the idea of allowing the Getter to change between it's three different forms (Getters 1,2 and 3) at will, but decided to leave them as separate mecha for gameplay and balance reasons.

Gameplay wise, the Getter 1 family favours high attack and speed stats over it's defensive ability.

And finally, a Shiny Gundam, if you're lucky enough to run into one of them in-game:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back