• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Evolution Animation Changing By Trainer

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I would like to make it so that the Mega Evolution animation shows the Trainer pressing the Key Stone.
    I already have the animations themselves done, but I would just like to ask how to make it call a different animation depending on whether it is the player or the enemy who is Mega Evolving.
    If it is the player, it also factors in the gender, and if it is the enemy, it changes depending on the Trainer Class. (Rather than having a script where it adds the Trainer Class to the name of the animation, I'd find it easier to just use if statements to say "if the Trainer Class is <evil team boss>, use the animation Common:MegaEvolutionBoss" or something. I can do this part myself if you help me make a way for the game to determine it based on the trainer class!)
    If the game cannot find an animation that matches the enemy's trainer class, it will instead play the animation Common:MegaEvolutionOther, which doesn't show any Key Stone. (This is a backup because not every Trainer can Mega Evolve, so not every Trainer Class will have an animation; this is to prevent it from breaking in case I mistakenly use the wrong Trainer Class or something.)
    In short, all I need are a way to make the game check the following information BEFORE the animation is played:
    > Who is Mega Evolving (player or foe)
    > The gender of the player
    > The Trainer Class of the foe
    It would also be nice to be able to change the name of the Mega item depending on this (instead of ALWAYS being pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} is reacting to {3}'s Mega Pendant!", which is the text for the player, it would change based on who is using it like how Diantha has a Mega Charm in X and Y), but that is less important. I can always just change it to Key Stone so it is more vague and works for everyone. ^^
    Thank you in advance for your help!

Edit: I have gotten it all to work with help from a response in someone else's help thread, except getting it to change by player. Thus, I need only learn how to make it depend on the player's gender.

Edit: Don't know why it took me so long to figure it out based on what I already did have. It works perfectly now!

Last edited:
    Back