• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Evolution in Game

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • How often do you guys rely on mega-Evolution in game? Which Pokemon do you like to mega-evolve?

Mega Evolution in Game

It works like this: first you need a Mega Bracelet. Then, you'll need the appropriate 'mega stones' for pokemon that are able to mega-evolve during the game, for example, Charizard here can evolve with a Charizardite. And with the change, the pokemon can gain a new type, a new form, and even a new ability! Plus, it's stats will increase, until the mega-form state is over.

That being said, you can take a look at all of the pokemon that can mega-evolve here! So, which mega-evolved pokemon would you say is your favourite, or favourite to use? How often do you use Mega-evolution? Got any other thoughts? Post em' here!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I simply use Mega Evolution for the sake of fun and looks, but relying? No. I have a lot of favorites! That includes Mega Blaziken, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Mawile and so on. I always use them as they look cool, sometimes I wish they could retain their Mega forms! {XD}

Years
  • I use Mega Evolution in-game a lot, not just for the power but to also adore the Pokemon itself in its Mega glory. My fave ones to use were some of my stars from my (now defunct) Alpha Sapphire playthrough, including Mega Swampert, Mega Altaria, Mega Manectric and also one that I often rotated onto my team, the adorable powerhouse Mega Lopunny. Mega Slowbro was pretty awesome as well, being a pretty strong tank.

As for my X playthrough, Mega Charizard X was pretty awesome and he helped me learn to like Charizard more (he's my least fave Kanto starter but I wanted to give the Mega a shot) but I also enjoyed Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Lucario, Mega Ampharos and Mega Mawile.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I always use mega evolution just to finish opponent pretty quick. There are some mega mons that may appealing while others less appealing say like Gallade WHAT is that a duel disk... what's gotten to GF lately YUGIOH!! and you know some designs are rather disappointing and lazy. Just take a look at poor slowbro he doesn't deserve that look :(

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I avoid using them. They're too strong, and there's too few trainers that actually do use them. I don't find them fun

That said, Mega Gyarados is my favourite.

Years
  • In regular plays, I use Mega Evolutions when I feel like I want to see their power in action - hence using Mega Swampert against Steven's Mega Metagross in my first Omega Ruby. But in challenges, I don't use it at all until I have at least seven badges, to make things more fair, so I can at least have a chance. I don't get over-dependent on them but I like seeing them in action.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • My favorite Mega is Mega Mawile! If I had to choose an additional favorite, I'd have to choose Mega Metagross. I use Megas in desperate circumstances in the main playthrough. I also tend to Mega Evolve when my opponent Mega Evolves (e.g. champion battles, when battling against the evil team leader, etc.) simply to make the battle feel a bit more epic :)

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • I use Mega Evolution almost every battle just because I think it's awesome, and because a lot of Pokemon I always WANTED to like but never could ended up getting Mega evolutions that I adore, namely Swampert, Gyarados, Diancie, Rayquaza, and Charizard. Ironically, these are also some of my absolute favorite Mega Evolutions in general.

(Note: My opinion on Megas is 90% based on aesthetic design/concept/typing. Competitive viability has very, very little to do with it... if anything.)

Other Megas I really like...
    Abomasnow
    Lucario
    Garchomp
    Absol
    Mawile
    Houndoom
    Beedrill
    Pidgeot
    Sceptile
    Lopunny
    Gallade
    Altaria

Megas I actively dislike...
    Heracross
    Mewtwo Y
    Slowbro
    Blastoise
    Tyranitar
    Ampharos

There's also Mega Lati@s... I actually really like the design, I just hate that they're basically identical. It feels very lazy to me.

Years
  • I really like Mega Evolution but I use it sparingly. I really only use it if I feel I'm in a sticky situation and I feel I can get out of it with a little help from a Mega. Although, I'll use it just to make things feel a little more intense during the battle :P

My favorites that I've seen/used in-game:

-Mega Blaziken
    -Mega Tyranitar
    -Mega Gardevoir
    -Mega Altaria
    -Mega Absol

Megas I dislike:

-Mega Kangaskhan (Only because of its amazing ability that people milk during battles! I counter it with Gardevoir's Trace ;) )
    -Mega Slowbro

Other than those two though, I am content with every Mega Evolution! :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In-game, I've always found my Mega-Blastoise to be pretty reliable.

Blastoise wasn't tough to get a hold of at all, thanks to Bank. I've had a couple of Squirtle laying around in one of my PC boxes in Black 2, and all I had to do was transfer one, train, and evolve. As for its mega-stone, it wasn't very difficult to acquire, either.

Mega-Blastoise's defenses are enormous, allowing it to take a decent amount of attacks and stall the opponent as much as it needs. Its offenses aren't bad, either. Thanks to all its skills and whatnot, I've been able to go through many Gym Leaders and Elite Four I've faced without any hassle.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i generally don't use Mega Evolution in the story at all, because it often feels unfair to the trainers i fight. but i would definitely use them in more challenging battles, like VS the Elite Four and Champion at the end of the game. my personal favourite Mega is that of Gardevoir, but i haven't actually gotten to use that yet at all. i've used Mega Lucario most at this point, because its Mega was easiest to receive in XY, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i only play in game so that answers that. i don't mind the megas but none of them were must haves for me. i use them whenever i feel like it

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I only used Mega Evolution in battles I'd otherwise lose, where the power buff is especially helpful. I love Mega Gyadados and Charizard X as I find them really strong and Charizard X looks really cool (also, Fire/Dragon Charizard!)

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • There are many mega evolutions I didn't try out, but my favorites?

Mega Sceptile for its badass design and it's so underrated ;~;

Now Mega Beedrill what a boss man

Mega Gallade the superhero ;3

Mega Lucario too op

Mega Metagross @_@

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Speaking of OP Megas, Mega Blaziken and Mega Charizard Y deserve mention for being OP as heck (that Speed Boost and Drought, tho :o) I always avoid using Meags that are too OP in my playthroughs, simply because it makes things too easy haha.

Years
  • I used Megas a lot in X and Y simply because they were a new concept, and I liked watching the animations and admiring the new forms. It felt like they made the game feel way too easy, so I never used them in ORAS other than the major turning point matches (Gym Leaders and Elite Four)

When used in battle facilities, the OP Megas are completely capable of effortlessly sweeping opposing teams, unless they're crippled by a stat reduction or status problem. Mega Charizard and Mega Salamence are two of my favorites; the former is an amazing special attacker thanks to Drought, STAB Fire and one-turn SolarBeam. On the other hand the latter is a great physical attacker because of Aerilate STAB Double-Edge. If you take the time to breed a Salamence with Dragon Dance, it makes a great combo with Intimidate and the Defense boost gained by the Mega.

Back