• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It could be in XY and we didn't know it. Didn't they just release a new Pokeball Vivillon? I don't recall that being discovered earlier than its announcement.
    The PokéBall Vivillon was found by the people who hacked the games, along with
    Spoiler:

Why would there not be a patch? :P This isn't a new generation.

Though if there isn't I'll be a little pissed...

Actually, I agree with you. I do think they will patch the games. I was only bringing up the possibility since I know there are some people who are very dead-set in their opinion that the games will not be patched.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    The PokéBall Vivillon was found by the people who hacked the games, along with
    Spoiler:

Ah, alright. Guess it was just overshadowed by the other things. :)

I just don't understand why they wouldn't patch XY when they already demonstrated with the Lumoise City save glitch that they have the ability to do so.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    They also patched the Berry Glitch in RS by trading with Emerald irc. Yet didn't add the formes not available in those games. Of course there is the difference in that XY can have data added compared to Gen III- V.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Ah, alright. Guess it was just overshadowed by the other things. :)

I just don't understand why they wouldn't patch XY when they already demonstrated with the Lumoise City save glitch that they have the ability to do so.

Yeah, that's totally understandable, the hacker's leaks went a bit under the radar, and now we have a lot more ORAS info to be digesting!

And I absolutely agree, I don't see why patches are out of the question. I honestly wouldn't even mind if they were utilized to add more little features into the games at certain intervals (but that's asking for a bit much if I do say so myself, ha ha).

On a bit of a tangent, I just realized that with the reveal of Mega Diancie, it means that we are receiving a Kalos Mega before a Unova Mega...does this hint at the possibility of Unova Mega Evolutions being introduced in ORAS?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I have a theory Prediction for Mega Swampert and Sceptile new stats will be.

Spoiler:

Sceptile has the ability Lightning Rod, why? Because this ability grants immunity to T-Wave to protect his speed. And boosts his Special Attack as well. So guess what? He is a special Sweeper. Surprised? Nope!

Spoiler:

Swampert is a tank. Now with swift swim he is a fast tank. My theory goes modest on attack to give him laughably awesome defense. Combined with speed and hitting power... Straight to Ubers.

Years
    I highly doubt Mega Swampert qualifies to be considered Uber even with those buffs, unfortunately for him, but I would like to be proven wrong on this one. That tier needs more Pokemon so it doesn't remain so repetitive. I digress, looks like Mega Sceptile is focusing heavily on Speed, so that would be the most obvious boost here.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Why would there not be a patch? :P This isn't a new generation.

Though if there isn't I'll be a little pissed...

I wouldn't say we're likely to get any form of patch for XY for any of these. They aren't just aesthetic updates. They are brand new content being added into the game. That wouldn't be a patch, that would be downloading content, something they already said they weren't going to do.

XY will be tournament obsolete this November just as every previous generation's opening duo were when newer games came out. Or they put rules that wouldn't allow for the changed Pokemon to enter.

To battle with someone with XY or trade those Pokemon to XY you wouldn't be able to use the Mega Stones. Depending on how many more are like this, this could pretty much mean XY will be completely obsolete and not worth using after ORAS release. Except for maybe storage/capturing large numbers of Pokemon.

Can't say I see a patch coming. This isn't something that would need to be patched either since its not an error and GF did exactly as they said they preferred doing. They gave us a completed game to play. Now we have a new completed game on its way that makes the old game undesirable to use. This is the basic life for all of the Pokemon games.

Years
    I think GF could make an exception in this case. If not then 'Z' will proably add them...and if more it'll render the remakes "tournament obsolete too". The final game has never had more than One formes not seen in the remakes or third version for Gen IV. The one forme have been Speed Deoxys and Notch Ear Pikachu, but those are special cases.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Giratina-O isn't available in DP, but it doesn't crash the game to battle someone in Platinum.

Obviously, the new stone will be stuck in ORAS, more reason to buy the game. And there will be new egg moves and tutors for some pokemon. But it wont crash the game to show up to a tourny with XY.

Years
    I hope that once 'Z' comes out their patch ORAS to allow us to trade the Mega stones introduced in it to be traded over to games other than each other. But...Pt didn't allow the trade of the Griseous orb even to another Platinum. If they were to do that for stones exclusive only to OR or AS it'll cause issues.

A patch for at least the Lati stones would be good seeing how they can't be traded out (and I'm assuming in).

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    Wrong gen, but I would give my left arm to get an Arcanine mega evolution. SO LONG AS IT'S NOT RIDICULOUS LIKE MEGA MANECTRIC. B(

But yeah. I wanna see Rayquaza in this new primal/prehistoric/whatever form. I think that would be really awesome. Also, mega Jirachi.

Years
    Arcanine would be cool to see. If Diancie is any indication then we'll be getting Megas for Pokémon outside of the Hoenn dex (at least the original one as we don't yet know if they'll change it, I doubt they'll add in Diancie...but then again Kalos had Mewtwo and the birds in one of it's dexes).

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I think its unfair for only Gen I & III Pokemon to get Megevolution.
    But how many chance there are for Gen IV & V remake .
    Also Gen II already had a remake .
    So , I think Player can have other Gen's Starter with Megevolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire . Player can get Jotho stater in Omega Ruby and Sinnoh starter in Alpha Sapphire.

Years
    One thing that has intrigued me, I wonder when the player gets to receive their Hoenn starter's Mega Stone? I know that in X and Y, Professor Sycamore gave the player their Kanto starter's Mega Stone alongside the starter itself.

I'm kinda thinking that in the scene that when Professor Birch lets you keep the Hoenn starter after saving him from Poochyena (I'm assuming they might go with that over Zigzagoon) he'll give you the Mega Stone. I'm kinda expecting them to be called the Sceptilite and Swampertite, alongside the already known Blazikenite.

Choose Treecko, you get the Sceptilite. Torchic gives you the Blazikenite and Mudkip will have you receive the Swampertite.

Years
    I think its unfair for only Gen I & III Pokemon to get Megevolution.
    But how many chance there are for Gen IV & V remake .
    Also Gen II already had a remake .
    So , I think Player can have other Gen's Starter with Megevolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire . Player can get Jotho stater in Omega Ruby and Sinnoh starter in Alpha Sapphire.

Are you referring only to the starters? As there are Megas for Gen II (Ampharos and Houndoom among others), and IV (Lucario and Abamasnow among others) Pokemon, and now VI with Diancie.

There's a chance we may get Johto Megas too since the Johto starters were available in Emerald upon completing the dex. I think they'll save Unova's for 'Z'. Sinnoh may get a remake next generation for all we know so they may be the last ones to get one...

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
    I wouldn't say we're likely to get any form of patch for XY for any of these. They aren't just aesthetic updates. They are brand new content being added into the game. That wouldn't be a patch, that would be downloading content, something they already said they weren't going to do.

XY will be tournament obsolete this November just as every previous generation's opening duo were when newer games came out. Or they put rules that wouldn't allow for the changed Pokemon to enter.

To battle with someone with XY or trade those Pokemon to XY you wouldn't be able to use the Mega Stones. Depending on how many more are like this, this could pretty much mean XY will be completely obsolete and not worth using after ORAS release. Except for maybe storage/capturing large numbers of Pokemon.

Can't say I see a patch coming. This isn't something that would need to be patched either since its not an error and GF did exactly as they said they preferred doing. They gave us a completed game to play. Now we have a new completed game on its way that makes the old game undesirable to use. This is the basic life for all of the Pokemon games.

No, GF said they wouldn't do DLC. Updating Pokemon X/Y to meet the new additions of OR/AS isn't DLC. And the games aren't "undesirable to use," as you put it, until a new generation begins with a plethora of new pokemon, items, etc. that can't be obtained in the previous games (because they're two separate generations). I got Black 2 on launch and finished the main game within a month, but I always used Black for battles, trades, etc., and I didn't even really start Black 2's post game until three days ago.

And the same thing will most likely happen with my X. I'm getting really close to obtaining the Shiny Charm and I have a ton of competitive pokemon with my OT on them, so therefore, even when we do get OR/AS and Z, I'll still be using X a ton. However, when generation VII rolls around, I might almost ditch X entirely, because those are the games that will make it undesirable. Not OR/AS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back