• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Do you guys think they'll announce any more Megas at E3? I feel like Sceptile and Swampert were the main ones that the fanbase wanted to be confirmed, and Diancie is a pretty relevant pokemon with its legendary status, so they all make sense as to why they were introduced early on. I could see them holding off on releasing any other Mega evolutions, if there are any more new ones, until much closer to the games' debut in stores.

I'm hoping it's limited to those. I don't want the focus of the games to be placed on the Mega Evolutions like Pokemon X and Y were, but rather the actual gameplay, characters, and story. That's just a personal bias, though; I'm not a huge fan of all the megas and don't relate to the hype.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would love to see a mega-evolution for Skarmory; been waiting for it ever since the feature had been introduced. Aside from that, it'd be pretty sweet to see Metagross get one, too, especially since it's native to Hoenn and whatnot.

Years
    I'm hoping it's limited to those. I don't want the focus of the games to be placed on the Mega Evolutions like Pokemon X and Y were, but rather the actual gameplay, characters, and story. That's just a personal bias, though; I'm not a huge fan of all the megas and don't relate to the hype.

I'm not against Megas, but originally I didn't like them either, so I know where you're coming from. Although, I think they won't be the focus of ORAS, but rather the prehistoric forms introduced in the leaks. Especially since Groudon and Kyogre, the mascots of the games, each received one. Hopefully, they really develop the new plot of the remakes. I can't wait to see what they do with it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sceptile Stands Backwards in his Mega, as seen at E3. Not sure if I like that, but whatever.

Don't Pokémon stand backwards if they dislike you? This could explain why Sceptile was doing that. I thought it was a new feature introduced in XY, haha.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It facing backwards explains why it was positioned the way it was in the official artwork compared to the other two. Personally I like it, it make it look sassy. Honestly if Serperior were to get a Mega this generation I wouldn't be surprised if it had a similar pose as Sceptile as those two have that sassy, smug, cocky look.

Years
    Took a quick glance and didn't see anything pointing this out yet, so i figured I'd go ahead and bring it up.

Apparently both Maxie and Archie have Mega Stones (checked the trailer to be sure, and they do indeed seem to have Mega Stones), so I guess we'll be getting Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo unless they both have Mega Crobat/Mightyena for some reason or they get another Pokemon.

Years
    Took a quick glance and didn't see anything pointing this out yet, so i figured I'd go ahead and bring it up.

Apparently both Maxie and Archie have Mega Stones (checked the trailer to be sure, and they do indeed seem to have Mega Stones), so I guess we'll be getting Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo unless they both have Mega Crobat/Mightyena for some reason or they get another Pokemon.[
    /QUOTE]

Yeah ! I would to love see Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo too !!!

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years

Apparently both Maxie and Archie have Mega Stones (checked the trailer to be sure, and they do indeed seem to have Mega Stones), so I guess we'll be getting Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo unless they both have Mega Crobat/Mightyena for some reason or they get another Pokemon.
    I can't believe how many people have noticed that! I was too distracted by their awesome designs.
    I think Mega Crobat, or Mega Mightyena are more likely candidates for Archie and Maxie, because they are Pokemon they both have on their respective teams.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Will they ever go back to simple form changes though? Mega Evolutions feel so... temporary, and I loved the concept of form changes before.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    I can't believe how many people have noticed that! I was too distracted by their awesome designs.
    I think Mega Crobat, or Mega Mightyena are more likely candidates for Archie and Maxie, because they are Pokemon they both have on their respective teams.

Yeah, but GameFreak like people to have star Pokémon, giving them both the same Mega seems silly. I don't like the idea of one getting Mega Crobat and the other getting Mega Mightyena either. I think it'd be nice to have Sharpedo and Camerupt as Mega's.

If Sharpedo does get a Mega, all I want is a FULL BODY!

Years
    Oh man, I'd be more than okay with Mega Sharpedo. Full length Shark with a new ability and buffed speed? Yes please. I'm sure Mega Camerupt would be amazing, as well. If they're going to give Maxie and Archie an ace Pokemon that mega evolves, it's not going to be Crobat or Mightyena; would make much more sense to give the former two Megas, especially because their types represent Aqua and Magma, respectively.

As far as Mega Sceptile's pose, I think it's perfect. Obviously, with the new design, his tail is the main point of focus, and being a Dragon type, he's probably aware of how powerful he is, and gives off a cocky, overbearing vibe. I like it, fits like a glove to his Mega, and looks awesome in action. n__n

Years
    I'd personally love to see Mega Zangoose and Mega Seviper - And Mega Plusle and Minun ~ because they didn't really get the chance to shine in the original games (That's especially true for Plusle&Minun)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Oh man, I'd be more than okay with Mega Sharpedo. Full length Shark with a new ability and buffed speed? Yes please. I'm sure Mega Camerupt would be amazing, as well. If they're going to give Maxie and Archie an ace Pokemon that mega evolves, it's not going to be Crobat or Mightyena; would make much more sense to give the former two Megas, especially because their types represent Aqua and Magma, respectively.

As far as Mega Sceptile's pose, I think it's perfect. Obviously, with the new design, his tail is the main point of focus, and being a Dragon type, he's probably aware of how powerful he is, and gives off a cocky, overbearing vibe. I like it, fits like a glove to his Mega, and looks awesome in action. n__n

I'll like to see those two get Megas too. Maybe they'll get Drizzle and Drought to fit their team's bosses.

Years
    I'll like to see those two get Megas too. Maybe they'll get Drizzle and Drought to fit their team's bosses.

Yeah, it would be extremely fitting if Maxie and Archie ran weather teams, Sunny Day/Sandstorm and Rain, respectfully. Granted, it would make defeating them a lot more difficult, and probably near impossible for complete beginners to Pokemon, but who doesn't enjoy a little challenge and adversary? I'd be all for it! :]

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Mega Sableye
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ckB2_-3E0

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back