• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    A speedy Mega Machamp would be pretty cool, especially if it kept No Guard. Just imagine it zipping around a lot of Pokemon and hitting them with 100% accuracy Dynamic Punches.

re: never making new evos., I sort of have a feeling that the only evos. Pokemon will receive now are Mega Evos. and that Eevee will be the only Pokemon to receive actual normal ones. That being said, it's only been two generations since a Pokemon received a new, normal evo. (Eevee aside, of course), so I do hope they will give other Pokemon new evos. rather than go straight to Megas. I agree that there probably won't be as many new evos. if they did continue giving Pokemon ones, but it'd still be nice to see nevertheless.
    That would be scary...imagine it dynamic punching something like Greninja, even with one of the items that leaves on HP it could die from it's confusion... Now if it lacks either of the items it'll die for being such a squishy Ninja xD.

Today I was training a Carvanha and noticed it's jaw (well renoticed). Anyways perhaps Mega Sharperdo will have Strong Jaws as it's ability. It could maybe regain it's Carvanha like jaws too. Imagine Crunch whose power is 80. Now times it by 1.5 (Strong Jaw's power). It'll be 120. Now add stab and it'll be 180 strong...It'll be Mega Sharpedo's most powerful attack if it does get Strong Jaws.

I hope that Eevee won't be the only one to get a normal evolution in the future...sadly it seems Sinnoh's evolution boom lead to an evolution bust for Gen's V and VI (with only Sylveon being made).

Years
    I can't believe I'm saying this but I really want to see Flygon get a mega evolution.

Flygon's always been one of my favorite Pokemon, and my absolute favorite Dragon type, so it would be cool to see it get a Mega evolution in ORAS. Would like to see it get a significant speed boost, because that's definitely one of the main attributes that have been holding it back. Not sure what I'd want its design to look like, possibly something to reflect its buffed speed.

Years
    Flygon's my fave of the Dragon/Ground Pokemon, and so seeing it with a Mega would really be nice. (It'd also be nice if it could finally get Dragon Dance.) I'd like to see Altaria with one, too--it's so underrated, especially in-game. Plus, I could see it being a really nice supportive Mega. Given, its Mega form would probably be just one giant cloud with talons hanging out.

Years
    That would be scary...imagine it dynamic punching something like Greninja, even with one of the items that leaves on HP it could die from it's confusion... Now if it lacks either of the items it'll die for being such a squishy Ninja xD.

Today I was training a Carvanha and noticed it's jaw (well renoticed). Anyways perhaps Mega Sharperdo will have Strong Jaws as it's ability. It could maybe regain it's Carvanha like jaws too. Imagine Crunch whose power is 80. Now times it by 1.5 (Strong Jaw's power). It'll be 120. Now add stab and it'll be 180 strong...It'll be Mega Sharpedo's most powerful attack if it does get Strong Jaws.

I hope that Eevee won't be the only one to get a normal evolution in the future...sadly it seems Sinnoh's evolution boom lead to an evolution bust for Gen's V and VI (with only Sylveon being made).

I like that idea

How about Mega Sharpedo have Speed Boost ? :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I really want a Dragon/Bug Mega Flygon...it makes sense thematically and if it kept Levitate it would turn its Flying weakness into an immunity.

Mega Sharpedo should just be regular Sharpedo but instead of growing a tail it just sort of exists in a tornado...Sharknado, enough said!

Years
    I really want a Dragon/Bug Mega Flygon...it makes sense thematically and if it kept Levitate it would turn its Flying weakness into an immunity.

That would be cool from a design perspective, but competitively Ground is a much more useful typing, giving Earthquake STAB boost is all too valuable, and unless they give it some Bug moves to compensate, not many people would use Mega Flygon, even in-game. But then again, it would be awesome to finally have Dragon/Bug. d:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Mega Milotic would be sweet. I also agree with that Mega Altaria and Mega Flygon just because I feel like they need one and plus they are my favorite dragon types.

I feel like Game Freak might just put in a Mega Roserade.

Years

Mega Sharpedo should just be regular Sharpedo but instead of growing a tail it just sort of exists in a tornado...Sharknado, enough said!

It'll still be weak to Flying types, I don't think Levitate makes flying moves into an immunity...unless they changed it 0_o

But it'll be weird for it's Primary type to be changed. I was thinking it's Mega the other night and in the end I think Ground/Dragon should stay. It'll probably keep Levitate too like the Latis did (which would be fitting considering it takes their place in Emerald's opening).

I too want Mega Roserade. Maybe they could give it a grass type version of Aerilate?

Years
    I can imagine Mega Roserade being really majestic. It'd also be nice to have because it'd be deviating from the number of Gen. III Pokemon with Megas while sort of not doing so at the same time (due to Roselia being a Gen. III Pokemon).

Mega Flygon as Dragon/Bug would certainly be interesting, not to mention unique as far as typing goes. However, I agree that keeping its Ground typing would be best due to Earthquake, plus its Bug typing wouldn't help against Fairies, which also resist Bug-type attacks.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It'll still be weak to Flying types, I don't think Levitate makes flying moves into an immunity...unless they changed it 0_o

But it'll be weird for it's Primary type to be changed. I was thinking it's Mega the other night and in the end I think Ground/Dragon should stay. It'll probably keep Levitate too like the Latis did (which would be fitting considering it takes their place in Emerald's opening).

I too want Mega Roserade. Maybe they could give it a grass type version of Aerilate?

Wow I must have been really tired when I wrote that! You're absolutely right, Levitate does not give immunity to Flying... I have no idea where that even came from, my apologies! xD

Still, I think it would be super cool to have a Dragon and Bug Pokémon. Even if Bug is a worse Type than Ground, the +100 stat boost would be great, and I'm sure its movepool would be updated (some Pokémon do get updated movepools in-between games of the same generation, so I wouldn't be surprised if some Pokémon received that treatment in ORAS, whether or not they receive Megas). And since Levitate doesn't negate its Flying weakness, it could even get another Ability altogether to work with the Type change.

That Dragon/Fairy Altaria, though. It learns Moonblast by level-up, there is no reason in my mind for it to not happen at this point.

Years
    Wow I must have been really tired when I wrote that! You're absolutely right, Levitate does not give immunity to Flying... I have no idea where that even came from, my apologies! xD

Still, I think it would be super cool to have a Dragon and Bug Pokémon. Even if Bug is a worse Type than Ground, the +100 stat boost would be great, and I'm sure its movepool would be updated (some Pokémon do get updated movepools in-between games of the same generation, so I wouldn't be surprised if some Pokémon received that treatment in ORAS, whether or not they receive Megas). And since Levitate doesn't negate its Flying weakness, it could even get another Ability altogether to work with the Type change.

That Dragon/Fairy Altaria, though. It learns Moonblast by level-up, there is no reason in my mind for it to not happen at this point.
    I think Gf should maybe make another evolution of Vibrava in a future generation and make it Bug/Dragon...it'll be interesting to see, then that way that Pokemon could get a Mega too. Or give Flygon two Megas :)

Yeah, it should happen. Perhaps it should have Levitate to keep it's Ground Immunity, or give it Pixilate as it has a lot of Normal moves.

Years
    I think Gf should maybe make another evolution of Vibrava in a future generation and make it Bug/Dragon...it'll be interesting to see, then that way that Pokemon could get a Mega too. Or give Flygon two Megas :)

Ooh, and it's like an opposite of Flygon, really fast, good bulk, special attacker. Would be very interesting! Honestly, I would prefer that over a Mega evolution, but because of their prominence and popularity right now, it's way more likely that Flygon gets a Mega than Vibrava getting a new evolution.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    Obviously Mega Flygon would be amazing to have, but I'd like to see Camerupt, Ludicolo and Shiftry, Salamance, Sharpedo, and...well, Wailord. That one's really just for curiosity more than anything else. lol

But moreover, I'm really curious with what they plan to do with the Regi Trio, and whether or not they're going to get Mega Evolutions as well.

Gah, this is making me excited. XD

Years
    Mega Wailord..... Imagine a one hundred foot tall whale being sent out in a Gym for battle 8D (I doubt they'd make it -that- tall, but you never know.)

Dragon/Fairy for Altaria would be absolutely perfect. I'm hoping that the fact it gets Moonblast means it'll gain a Mega and become part Fairy. After all, they gave other Pokemon with Megas moves that fit their Mega form's typing or ability (e.g., Blastoise gained Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse as egg moves and Ampharos gained Dragon Pulse as a level up move), so perhaps it's hinting that Altaria may gain a Mega and lose the Flying type for the Fairy type. Alternatively, it could drop its Dragon type for the Fairy type. Many people don't seem to see it as a dragon in the first place, so I could see that working, too. Dragon/Fairy's a better combo, though, so I'd rather have that!

Years
    Obviously Mega Flygon would be amazing to have, but I'd like to see Camerupt, Ludicolo and Shiftry, Salamance, Sharpedo, and...well, Wailord. That one's really just for curiosity more than anything else. lol

But moreover, I'm really curious with what they plan to do with the Regi Trio, and whether or not they're going to get Mega Evolutions as well.

Gah, this is making me excited. XD
    I would like for them to give the Regis (including the master) to get Primal reversions.

I hope Altaria becomes Dragon/Fairy if it gains the Fairy type, it already got it's primary type replaced once when evolving from Swablu...poor thing will end up with several primary type issues if it's Mega were Fairy/Flying...

Wonder what kind of ability they'll give a Mega Wailord...Drizzle? It could be a pseudo Kyogre of sorts...

Years
    Mega Wailord..... Imagine a one hundred foot tall whale being sent out in a Gym for battle 8D (I doubt they'd make it -that- tall, but you never know.)

Or, major twist, Mega Wailord is one of the smallest Pokemon in the game, and can barely be seen on the battle platform. Its speed is increased enormously when it Mega evolves, and receives a new ability to go along with the concept. That would be hilarious, and I would throw out my water type to make room for Wailord if this were the case. xD

Years
    GF would be a real troll to do that lol.

In all seriousness I imagine Mega Wailord to be a more detailed version of Wailord that may be slightly bigger.

masterxy

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
    I like megas and all but I don't like how GF adds megas to some pokemon. Like Sableye or Mawile. Those Pokemon were underpowered Pokemon without an evolution, they should have got a normal evolution instead of a mega imo. Like Misdreavus or Murkrow. Slapping mega's on all those underpowered one-stage Pokemon seems a little too exaggerated to me.
    That said, I'd really love to see a Flygon mega, a Milotic mega would be cool too, since Gyarados got one and they are kind of opposites to each other.

Years
    I like megas and all but I don't like how GF adds megas to some pokemon. Like Sableye or Mawile. Those Pokemon were underpowered Pokemon without an evolution, they should have got a normal evolution instead of a mega imo. Like Misdreavus or Murkrow. Slapping mega's on all those underpowered one-stage Pokemon seems a little too exaggerated to me.
    That said, I'd really love to see a Flygon mega, a Milotic mega would be cool too, since Gyarados got one and they are kind of opposites to each other.

Yeah, I'm hoping they simply give Megas to 2 and 3 stage lines from now on, or one stage Pokemon with already somewhat high stats.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back