• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd really like it if they were to introduce some mega-form for Magnezone, and gave it to Wattson. I know that it's fourth-generation, but Magnemite family is this person's go-to Pokémon, seemingly, so it would make a lot of sense. I'm a fan of Mega Manectric as much as the next person, but it honestly doesn't need much promotion; it's had enough already in X and Y alongside many others, and I'm sure most of us would agree.

Years
    Call me a loser or whatever for not using the Mega stones in X/Y but with Sableye getting a new form, I may. It looks totally fab, honestly. Still disappointed there isn't an evolution though

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'd really like it if they were to introduce some mega-form for Magnezone, and gave it to Wattson. I know that it's fourth-generation, but Magnemite family is this person's go-to Pokémon, seemingly, so it would make a lot of sense. I'm a fan of Mega Manectric as much as the next person, but it honestly doesn't need much promotion; it's had enough already in X and Y alongside many others, and I'm sure most of us would agree.

I don't think it matters as long as it's in the Hoenn dex (with Mega Diancie possibly being the Mega Blaziken of these games, with it not being in the dex...unless they throw her in...). Again, I'll like to see some non-third gens.

Years
    I actually don't consider Mega Gallade obvious. I think Mega Gardevoir was created in order to compensate for Gallade, a superior Pokemon than regular Gardevoir in terms of use and power. Same with Mega Banette compensating for Dusknoir. The fact that Phoebe's ace is a Dusknoir could mean that it will have a Mega evolution as well as Gallade, though.

Years
    I actually don't consider Mega Gallade obvious. I think Mega Gardevoir was created in order to compensate for Gallade, a superior Pokemon than regular Gardevoir in terms of use and power. Same with Mega Banette compensating for Dusknoir. The fact that Phoebe's ace is a Dusknoir could mean that it will have a Mega evolution as well as Gallade, though.

I'm not sure about that. That'll almost be like saying Gyarados getting a Mega is to compensate for Milotic being better...

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    I'm not sure about that. That'll almost be like saying Gyarados getting a Mega is to compensate for Milotic being better...

And the fault in that being? Just because there could be a possible connection like Pepp has stated between certain Pokemon, doesn't necessarily mean it works for all similar Pokemon. It's certainly possible though.

Years
    And the fault in that being? Just because there could be a possible connection like Pepp has stated between certain Pokemon, doesn't necessarily mean it works for all similar Pokemon. It's certainly possible though.

Gyarados and Milotic are considered counterparts (cross generational that is). I was disappointed to see that only one got a Mega while the other didn't tbh. It wasn't as disappointing as Gallade not getting one though, especially since it's part of Gardevoir's line. Actually Gallade like a lot of other fighting types got nerfed this generation with it's added weakness (Fairy), so it's not as good as it used to be either :(

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Gyarados and Milotic are considered counterparts (cross generational that is). I was disappointed to see that only one got a Mega while the other didn't tbh. It wasn't as disappointing as Gallade not getting one though, especially since it's part of Gardevoir's line. Actually Gallade like a lot of other fighting types got nerfed this generation with it's added weakness (Fairy), so it's not as good as it used to be either :(

Preaching to the choir, buddy. This happens almost every gen though, certain other Pokemon get nerfed to allow new, more viable Pokemon to take their place. Megas was just another way of throwing spanners in the works so that competitive doesn't become stagnant.

I think we may not get just 3rd Gen Megas; I wouldn't be surprised if any other gens got megas as well.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I think we may not get just 3rd Gen Megas; I wouldn't be surprised if any other gens got megas as well.
    I agree. I'd hope that Pokemon from other generations get megas. Just because these are R/S remakes doesn't mean that all the new megas have to be Hoenn megas (ok we got Mega Diancie, but still).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    The reason Milotic did not get a Mega, is because ti was not a native to Kalos unless you used Friend Safari. Also, I do not think all Mega will be form Hoenn, because there are a lot of pokemon in Hoenn that are from Johto and Kanto.

I can easily see us getting a lot more than most think, but even myself, I do not think they will go past 15 to 20 in Hoenn.

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
    i would love to see Mega Milotic. make it water/dragon and give it a huge boost in defense, then give it like magic bounce or wonder guard (because that would be hilarious). Wonder Guard Mega-Milotic would be a super tank. gg lmfao

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I somehow only see Milotic going Fairy/Dragon type, for me it seems no other pokemons can get this type. Even if he don't have any Fairy moves she can learn theres always Pixilate. But adding 1 more type and replacing her water type may be too much.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I somehow only see Milotic going Fairy/Dragon type, for me it seems no other pokemons can get this type. Even if he don't have any Fairy moves she can learn theres always Pixilate. But adding 1 more type and replacing her water type may be too much.

I can definitely see how Fairy/Dragon matches Milotic really nicely, but I can't really see Gamefreak removing Milotic's primary Water-type, especially in a Hoenn game because Milotic was Wallace's Water-type ace.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    aaaa mega milotic

I definitely agree with above. It does live in water, after all. It wouldn't really make that much sense if they completely got rid of it's Water typing and just gave it Fairy/Dragon, although that does sound cool.

Fairy/Water would be more of a choice. If Mega Milotic does indeed happen, I can see it getting no changes, or what I just said.

Years
    Milotic could go many ways, but I think all of them include it retaining the Water typing. It could become part Dragon or Fairy, and both would make it quite the powerful Pokemon; probably bump it up to OU.

Years
    Milotic could go many ways, but I think all of them include it retaining the Water typing. It could become part Dragon or Fairy, and both would make it quite the powerful Pokemon; probably bump it up to OU.

Or Psychic. Before this generation I assumed that if Milotic ever got an evolution it would gain either Psychic or the Dragon typing. Though it only learns non damaging Psychic moves, lacks Fairy type moves, and most of it's good dragon moves it can learn are egg moves so it'll need to get a revamped movepool if it's to gain any of the three. May even stay Water...

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2014
    I think that shiftry and ludicolo are going to get megas
    Sharpedo and Camerupt will most likely get megas too. I'm not sure if there will be that many more extra megas because a lot of Gen III pokemon already have megas like Aggron, Medicham, Banette, and now Metagross.

I'D REALLY like to see Altaria get a mega. It would be unstoppable because of dragon typing and it can also learn fairy moves!

Years
    I think that shiftry and ludicolo are going to get megas
    Sharpedo and Camerupt will most likely get megas too. I'm not sure if there will be that many more extra megas because a lot of Gen III pokemon already have megas like Aggron, Medicham, Mawile, Manectric, Banette, Sableye, Blaziken, Sceptile, Swampert and now Metagross.

I'D REALLY like to see Altaria get a mega. It would be unstoppable because of dragon typing and it can also learn fairy moves!

I hope a Mega Altaria will be Dragon/Fairy with the ability levitate (or maybe pixelate). Altaria has access to Fire moves so it'll be able to take down steel and ice types (and it'll lose it's 4x weakness to Ice too if it replaces flying with Fairy). If they boost it's special attack and defenses it can be a strong tank.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Milotic is more likely to be fairy-type than anything (if it ever were to get a mega-form), considering how angelic it looks. Plus, Gyarados is basically a pseudo-dragon, and Milotic is supposedly its counterpart; if it were fairy, it would make much better sense, generally. I'm sure others could agree on this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back