• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Mega Salamance confirmed to be part jet.

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

(It's probably the most ridiculous of all the Megas so far imo.)

Years
    Looking forward to all the Mega Salamence fanart coming in XD

re: the circle, I hope that's the case ;; If there are three more, then I can see Megas Zangoose/Seviper being announced; dunno about the third, though I hope it's one of the Pokemon I mentioned previously XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I actually kind of like how the wings make a lunar shape. I just think they need to be the other way with the curve facing it's tail instead of it's head. Again, it looks like a large Omega.

Now, I was just in Pokebeach (where they seem to love Mega Salamence's design...) and they were talking tiers. I wonder what tiers our three new Megas will be.
    I see Mega Salamence becoming uber. Imagine a stab Double edge with a 30 percent boost...that's like a Brave bird on steroids...

Years
    Imagine boosted Return @_@ It's not as powerful as Double-Edge (though it's nearly as powerful with happiness maxed out), but it comes without the recoil, which'll do Salamence good. What if they gave it Quick Attack, too; that'd be nasty XD I can definitely see it going to Ubers; Lopunny I can see maybe going up a tier or two while Altaria Idk yet. It might become OU though since it's now able to take zero damage from one of its original weaknesses and lost the 4x weakness to Ice.

Years
    Imagine boosted Return @_@ It's not as powerful as Double-Edge (though it's nearly as powerful with happiness maxed out), but it comes without the recoil, which'll do Salamence good. What if they gave it Quick Attack, too; that'd be nasty XD I can definitely see it going to Ubers; Lopunny I can see maybe going up a tier or two while Altaria Idk yet. It might become OU though since it's now able to take zero damage from one of its original weaknesses and lost the 4x weakness to Ice.

That's true. Plus Altaria has access to fire moves to take care of Steel types. It also has access to Dream Eater to take care of Poison types...first though to get those Poisons to sleep...
    Imagine Altaria's own boosted Return...kind of funny how it'll have a use for it's old primary typing (when it was a Swablu) for it's Mega (due to it's ability). Also Mega Altaria being Dragon/Fairy means that it's now lost both of it's original typings during it's first stage, a first I think for a dual type Pokemon.

Years
    I like the look of Mega Salamence
    I really want to give Mega Altaria a hug
    Mega Loppuny looks stupid imo but yay gen 4 mega
    Looks like there is atleast one more mega

Years
    What's with the dislike of Mega Lopunny going around? It's quite cute just like normal Lopunny.
    What if there is more than just one page with Megas? We may get more than 4-6. Maybe 8-12 even...

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    This new batch of mega evolutions is the most exciting ORAS batch for me, especially with Mega Altaria! {<3} It's interesting how Swablu begins as Normal/Flying and now ends at Dragon/Fairy. I don't think there's ever been a pokemon which has changed 2 different types in the course of its evolution. Altaria's dex entries talk about humming and its soprano voice, so Pixilate Hyper Voice (or Round/Echoed Voice) is something I think is actually fitting, compared to other Pixilate users. (Who I'd rather imagine them using Moonblast, conceptually.)

I think Aerialate is an incredible idea for Mega Salamence, connected to Bagon's dreams of flying and gives it a reason to make use of its secondary STAB aside from Aerial Ace. I don't really like its appearance, though.

In contrast, Lopunny is another pokemon I was never a big fan of, yet I just love its new appearance! Its braids + butterfly tuft is so cute, and I like its emphasis on its legs as a sign of its new Fighting type. Normal/Fighting STABs + Scrappy sounds really fun to abuse! {XD}

Edit: Got ninja'd about the "losing 2 types" thing. XD

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Years
    I like Mega Lopunny! It looks pretty cute, and it's now more fearsome thanks to its Normal/Fighting typing & Scrappy. Also, it means all three members of Team Charm (PMD2) have Megas!

Getting 8-12 Megas in one batch would certainly be something, unless you meant there'll be more Megas revealed over time XD Still, this is a "Mega scoop", so there may very well be as many!

Years
    I like Mega Lopunny! It looks pretty cute, and it's now more fearsome thanks to its Normal/Fighting typing & Scrappy. Also, it means all three members of Team Charm (PMD2) have Megas!

Getting 8-12 Megas in one batch would certainly be something, unless you meant there'll be more Megas revealed over time XD Still, this is a "Mega scoop", so there may very well be as many!

Oh yeah, they have now.

Yeah, in this one batch. I saw a video awhile ago (mentioning the announcements) and the person who made the video brought up the rumor that all the new Megas in the game are being announced in this issue. I kind of doubt that'll happen though. It's probably a mistake caused by the rumor of smash releasing it's full rooster being mixed up with Megas in someone's mind.

Years
    Tier predictions if I may?
    Mega Salamence(Possibly Ubers????? Tho OU seems fitting)
    Mega Altaria(Dragon Fairy is interesting, OU or UU maybe?)
    Mega Lopunny(UU)
    We don't know thier stat boost so I could be well off. However, it doesn't show what is below Mega Altaria.
    3 spaces are possible. Johto starters maybe?

Years
    Tier predictions if I may?
    Mega Salamence(Possibly Ubers????? Tho OU seems fitting)
    Mega Altaria(Dragon Fairy is interesting, OU or UU maybe?)
    Mega Lopunny(UU)
    We don't know thier stat boost so I could be well off. However, it doesn't show what is below Mega Altaria.
    3 spaces are possible. Johto starters maybe?

They are said to be getting boosts in:

Salamence: Defense

Altaria: Attack

Lopunny: Attack and Special Attack

I think Mega Lopunny will be higher than UU.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Just some brief impressions.

Mega Altaria: IT'S SO FLUFFY. I love this thing. Dragon/Fairy is a fantastic typing, although that ability leaves lot to be desired. Don't get me wrong, I like Pixilate, but I was hoping for a more defensive ability (not Magic Bounce, dear lord another Mega better not get that). I mean, Altaria has access to Hyper Voice and Round, so I guess it's a decent ability to have.

Mega Lopunny: Was not expecting a Sinnoh Mega Evolution. Anyways, I like it's simplistic design. Not too drastic, but different enough to distinguish the Mega and regular form. Normal/Fighting though? Plus Scrappy? It screams to me that this is GameFreak's way of keeping Aegislash in "check" (lol but I doubt it's going to do much).

Mega Salamence: WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU. YOU'RE A JET NOW. ALL ABOARD PAIN AIRLINE EXPRESS THOUGH, BECAUSE RETURN AND DOUBLE EDGE IS GOING HURT LIKE HELL NOW. I'm curious about the Defense boost that it's teased to be getting. If significant enough, I think a Dragon Dance set for the Mega would be a fantastic option and putting it on par with MegaZard X.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    That's it? Defence for Salamence? I would have hoped it would get a big boost in attack and speed.
    I

My wild guesses for their tiers would be:

Salamence (Uber)
    Lopunny (borderline OU)
    Altaria (RU)

Altaria's stats are pretty low right now, and if it doesn't get a substantial speed increase, I think it can still be handled in UU. Lopunny won't like OU's flying STAB. I'm assuming that Salamence will get at least a few points in speed; even if not, Intimidate + higher defenses will make setting up DDs easier than ever.

Years
    Electric Doge Manectric's BST is lower than Altaria's; with the addition of its Mega it's now pretty popular in OU :3 Plus, Altaria has decent defenses (90 Def. and 105 Sp. Def.) and access to Cotton Guard, not to mention it has Dragon Dance as well. It has Heal Bell, Perish Song, and Haze, too! If its defenses increase enough, it could be a good supportive Pokemon~ Though, if the magazine mentioned that it gets a boost in Attack, I have a feeling it might gain more Speed and become more offensive, which works, too!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like the new Megas, especially Salamence, no matter how ridiculous its design is. It lost its front legs sure, but those are all for the sake of aerodynamics, which can be seen with Aerilate.

I didn't see Lopunny and Altaria coming, tbh. Dragon/Fairy Altaria sounds neat, with Pixilated Hyper Voices and Returns. Lopunny can finally put its good offensive move pool to use and not rely on Klutz + Switcheroo to stand out.

Years
    That's it? Defence for Salamence? I would have hoped it would get a big boost in attack and speed.
    I
    It could get a small boost in both those areas too. But defense is it's main boost it seems. Well, defense is one of normal Salamence's weak points. So now it'll be more of a tank...err Fighter jet.
    Speaking of fighter jet's perhaps the remaining Megas will be the Latis...

Altaria getting an attack boost seems like Gf plans to make it a mix attacker, also perhaps make it more beneficial to set up Cotton Guard. Altaria has access to Roost just like Salamence. So perhaps one could use Cotton Guard, Roost, Return, and Dragon Meteor. Or perhaps a Dragon Dance, Cotton Guard, Return, Roost combo. Only a few types resist fairies so it having only a Fairy move won't hurt it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm loving Mega Lopunny! So glad to see it--definitely hoping for some nice gen 5 Megas, and even a few more from gen 4 (Dusknoir and Gallade come to mind very quickly, in addition to some of their legendaries) now that Mega Lopunny has arrived. Definitely my favorite of the bunch, and one of my most favorite overall. The design is very clever, and I might just use one on my in-game team if we can get the Mega Stone before the post-game.

And great job getting Aerilate, Salamence! All that time trying to teach yourself how to fly has really paid off, and now you're a real jet! Here's hoping the same can happen to Archeops...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back