• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    They should have just did a Mega Dragon featue, and have a Mega Flygon to complete the Mega Trifecta. Loppuny can go screw itself, its ruining the mega scoop. Such a useless Pokemon getting a useless upgrade. I'm also guessing this means normal evolutions for Pokemon that need one are thrown out the window if it can get one.
    Otherwise, Mega Kite! I mean Mega Salamence!Give it Extremespeed and break the damn meta. I didn't really want it, but if GF is gonna go all out on the mega evos, then I'll give it a pass.
    I think Mega Altaria is the cutest little death machine. Dragon/Fairy is going to rock, if it isn't broken. Also making it offensive gives the fairy type a chance to really shine as a dragon killer, even if it means that Altaria is now going against its kind. Ah well, Dragon/Fairy!
    Now where the hell is my Mega Flygon GF.

Houndoom, Manectric, Pinsir, and even Ampharos and Charizard were considered useless prior to getting Megas. It could very well surprise us.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    As did I, but it was considered weak pre-gen V. Irc it was UU or even NU. I also used Lopunny for some time. It's fighting moves pack a punch (no pun intended).

Man, I don't even have time for these battles... and I only recently found out the meanings of these terms (OU, UU etc.) :(

I've used it throughout the storyline and find it rather capable.
    As for lopunny, I don't have much reaction besides "why not delcatty or linoone?"

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Ok, I seriously was not expecting Lopunny, a Sinnoh Pokémon, to gain a Mega Evolution on a Hoenn game. The fact that it gained a Fighting type and a pantyhose in its designs makes me remind it of a certain DC vixen, whose name I couldn't remember. I don't know if I should trust that silhouette poster anymore because of Mega Lopunny.

Yes, yes, yes. I am glad to see Mega Altaria become Dragon/Fairy and with pixelate too :3.
    Now it's weaknesses are three, with those being Ice, Steel, and Poison. All three of which are rare to see on a Pokémon who can gain stab on them irc. I bet it's defenses will be huge.
    Dragon/Fairy has four weaknesses. Fairies don't resist their own types.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    The first day of leaks is usually the only day. Every now and then we might get some other stuff, but it is rare.

I don't think we will get too many more, at least not in this game. Once Latios and Latias is reveled, I will start thinking that will be all the new megas. But they have yet to reavel or ever say much about Latios and Latias.

As for Ampharos, it was a common pokemon for most people. However, it was rarely used in competitive battling and that is why they are making megas. All pokemon will eventually have a mega. I am still disappointed we have yet too get any 5th gen megas. As it was my 2nd favorite generation.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Doesn't Aarune have flygon as his sole pokemon? Yeah, not even ace.

Speaking of mega altaria, if there's a plush toy I'll freaking buy it and hug it all day... Because

Spoiler:

Yeah, that's basically what I meant. I have a feeling that he may have some involvement in the Mega Evolution party of the storyline too with his Flygon.

Gah, Mega Drapion would have been amazing too. ;-;

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Arune having Flygon means mothing without a 3D battle model, which is what is used for keystone holders. Yes I want a mega flygon, but I'm not gonnause his team as evidence. I'm just gonna go crazy and say that I expect it to be the only primal nonlegendary!

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Arune having Flygon means mothing without a 3D battle model, which is what is used for keystone holders. Yes I want a mega flygon, but I'm not gonnause his team as evidence. I'm just gonna go crazy and say that I expect it to be the only primal nonlegendary!

Diantha didn't get a 3D battle model. Her keystone was obvious though.

I'm not going to entirely base a possible mega flygon on Aarune. However it is still possible. NPC Lucia has an altaria which got a confirmed mega, hence I won't really rule out the possibility.

Years
    I am liking Mega Altaria, it's so fluffy!
    Mega Lopunny looks as if it is wearing ripped stockings.
    I am not sure how to feel about Mega Salamence. It looks weird. I don't like it, but I don't hate it at the same time. Maybe if I see it in action in the game I might feel differently.

The only one I am really liking out of this reveal is Mega Altaria. I just want to give it a big hug!

Years
    They still need to reveal Mega Sharpedo, Mega Camerupt, And Both Latis
    Plus there is something below Altaria.

We aren't even 100 percent sure if Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt are going to happen. For all we know they could give Maxie and Archie new Pokemon not in the original dex. Like Houndoom for Maxie, and Gyarados for Archie.

Years
    We aren't even 100 percent sure if Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt are going to happen. For all we know they could give Maxie and Archie new Pokemon not in the original dex. Like Houndoom for Maxie, and Gyarados for Archie.

Either way, both Latis haven't been shown yet.
    And I would think we'd get more than like 8 Megas for ORAS, but I could be wrong.
    1 Sinnoh mega seems weird tho....

Years
    Either way, both Latis haven't been shown yet.
    And I would think we'd get more than like 8 Megas for ORAS, but I could be wrong.
    1 Sinnoh mega seems weird tho....

You mean for this issue right? Those may come later. I do hope there's another page. I wonder if the remaining Mega may be a Mega of a non Gen III introduced Pokemon (to make it so that Mega Lopunny doesn't stick out against the rest). I am hoping it'll be Mega Luxray (Electric/Dark with Strong Jaw's please).

Years
    Electric/Dark Mega Luxray would be neat! I can see a couple more Sinnoh Pokemon receiving Megas in ORAS. Although I'd still prefer Gen. V Megas. Maybe in addition to Luxray, there'll be Mega Froslass (would be good for Glacia, that's for sure) and Mega Dusknoir (good for Phoebe)? Ice/Ghost is a nifty combo, and I can see Mega Froslass with Prankster much like Mega Banette or Shadow Tag like Mega Gengar. It has Destiny Bond, Spikes, and Disable, so it'd be relatively useful. As for Mega Dusknoir, I could see it sacrificing its good Defense & Special Defense for offense, sort of like Mega Diancie. (Though, if it has low Speed, lowering its defenses may not be that good, mm.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back