• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I wouldn't believe it at this moment. I very much doubt things that are not footage are real at the moment. Anyone can go in and go to serebii, find something in a similar layout and redo it.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    I agree with all of you'll. The chances of a mega evo for Swampert and Sceptile is highly plausible but one for shiftry and ludicolo would be highly ridiculous. Plus how do you explain how the hackers haven't found about these mega evos in X & Y. The only chance of these happening is if Nintendo releases a new patch for X&Y. Plus the thumbnail looks like it might have been photoshopped.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2014
    doubt it, if it was photoshoped the writing would be off and it looks pretty legit, as for the megas they seem realistic. I am going to wait and see due in time. But I would like this to be real.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    doubt it, if it was photoshoped the writing would be off and it looks pretty legit, as for the megas they seem realistic. I am going to wait and see due in time. But I would like this to be real.
    If it's a good photoshop job you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from the real thing.
    And there are plenty of people in the Pokemon community who would be more than capable of doing a fake screenshot as simple as that.

Many casual photoshoppers probably wouldn't pay attention to details, like using the correct font over a similar one. Or might skimp on the spacing. But someone who is more serious about it would pick up on the details.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2014
    exactly, I can tell that there is no mistake, I can spot fake photoshops a mile off. I'm not saying this is real just it would be a pretty good fake it is

Years
    it looks pretty legit, and tbh all of those megas are realistic, i always felt the other starters would get a mega evolution (for their final evolved form) and shiftry and ludicolo could happen as well

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I could see Wallace's Ludicolo having a mega evolution. Most of the E4 have possible Megas as well. However, these could be photo shopped. They do seem legit though and the speculation of Ludicolo having a mega could mean that Wallace would still be a champion. All of the speculations could make Mega Ludicolo seem legit. Another Mega I'm looking forward to is Shiftry (if it's legit). I loved Shiftry and beat the E4 using only him, Castform, and Sceptile. I looooooved Emerald.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I agree with all of you'll. The chances of a mega evo for Swampert and Sceptile is highly plausible but one for shiftry and ludicolo would be highly ridiculous. Plus how do you explain how the hackers haven't found about these mega evos in X & Y. The only chance of these happening is if Nintendo releases a new patch for X&Y. Plus the thumbnail looks like it might have been photoshopped.

Game Freak knows people hacking into the code of XY is inevitable. Honestly, they could have simply omitted it from the code so people wouldn't find it, to keep it a secret until the release of ORAS. They would then release a patch for XY so the items would be compatible.

For example, if they make Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile, but had no plans of releasing either as events similar to the Torchic event, people hacking the game would definitely suspect something after finding them in the code. It's basically a way to really make sure things remain a secret.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I sure hope that Ludicolo and Shifty have Megas. I'm sort of hoping they change Shifty's type to Grass/flying or something as Tengu are birds/ have connections with the wind.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Game Freak knows people hacking into the code of XY is inevitable. Honestly, they could have simply omitted it from the code so people wouldn't find it, to keep it a secret until the release of ORAS. They would then release a patch for XY so the items would be compatible.

For example, if they make Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile, but had no plans of releasing either as events similar to the Torchic event, people hacking the game would definitely suspect something after finding them in the code. It's basically a way to really make sure things remain a secret.

Distributing a patch like that is harder than you think. What about people who have no access to wi-fi? Should they just not be allowed to trade/battle with ORAS?

I guess they maybe could do something like the Berry Patch in Gen III, putting in on ORAS carts so that when they attempt to interact, the patch will be installed. But, ultimately even that has problems (mainly installation time).

Ultimately, if GF were willing to "hide" Megas by not putting them in the game, why did they include any of the Event-only stuff? Mega Latios and Latias. Diancie, Volcanion, Hoopa. If they're willing and able to patch XY, why did they include them, instead of simultaneously releasing an event and patch?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Distributing a patch like that is harder than you think. What about people who have no access to wi-fi? Should they just not be allowed to trade/battle with ORAS?

If you have enough internet to Trade and Battle, you can download a patch. You can get free wifi at libraries and stores these days. I've done it.

As for local communication with Squeals... How did they handle Black-Kyurem battling players of BW? If you were playing BW, you never got to have Black-Kyurem ever, but battling them was possible, right?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you have enough internet to Trade and Battle, you can download a patch. You can get free wifi at libraries and stores these days. I've done it.

Except you don't have to have internet to trade and battle. There's Local Wireless.

And as for free wifi, that depends on where you are. Where I live, literally the only place I can think of that offers free wireless internet are the local schools. It's easy to imagine someone with no access whatsoever.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    What about a... MEGA EEVEE... Sounds far-fetched right? Well anyone remember Digimon? You know how Veemon had Mega Digivolution and Egg Evolution? What if Egg Evolution= Stone Evolution in Pokemon? What if there was an Eeveelution that enhances normal type? I think mega evolution would be a perfect addition personally. What do you guys think...?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    I think they have to have mega evolutions and new ones because it has already been implemented into the game of Pokemon and it would be dramatic if they took the concept out of the games.

I also believe that the starters sceptile and swampert must get megas otherwise blaziken will be so overpowered compared to the other two. It simply wouldn't make sense and it would make so many fans angry and upset.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Except you don't have to have internet to trade and battle. There's Local Wireless.

BW and BW2 were compatible, right? What happened when somebody used Kyurem-Black in battle against BW players. The fact that Sceptile can't Mega Evolve in XY is no different than Kyurem not fusing in BW.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024

I guess they maybe could do something like the Berry Patch in Gen III, putting in on ORAS carts so that when they attempt to interact, the patch will be installed. But, ultimately even that has problems (mainly installation time).

Ultimately, if GF were willing to "hide" Megas by not putting them in the game, why did they include any of the Event-only stuff? Mega Latios and Latias. Diancie, Volcanion, Hoopa. If they're willing and able to patch XY, why did they include them, instead of simultaneously releasing an event and patch?

Game Freak has patched the game for a game-breaking save glitch; even if it's not an easy process they've done it for more important reasons than including new Megas, and I doubt they had planned something like that (I would honestly hope not, at least).

And SnowpointQuincy is right, BW could battle against Black and White Kyurem in B2W2 just fine, no patches necessary. The patch idea is simply a suggestion if people wanted to trade the Mega Stones between ORAS and XY, but they don't have to allow that. The games would still be able to battle with each other, and still even trade--it's just that the Mega Stones would be untradeable.

As for the events, you basically answered your own question: why go through the trouble? Those events, excepting maybe the Eon Pokémon, are Kalos Pokémon, and likely Kalos events. For them, its easier--and makes sense--for them to be in the games from the get-go.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    BW and BW2 were compatible, right? What happened when somebody used Kyurem-Black in battle against BW players. The fact that Sceptile can't Mega Evolve in XY is no different than Kyurem not fusing in BW.

No, it is completely different. The exact same thing happened in Gen IV with Shaymin and Giratina.

Introducing new forms like that worked because it doesn't happen in battle. As far as DP knew, the Giratina just had a weird ability and weird stats. Shaymin was the same way (although it also had a weird type). Same for Kyurem.

Mega Evolution however occurs mid-battle. There's just no way to get around it by trying to "hide" the Mega Evolution.

Game Freak has patched the game for a game-breaking save glitch; even if it's not an easy process they've done it for more important reasons than including new Megas, and I doubt they had planned something like that (I would honestly hope not, at least).

Exactly. They had no way of getting around patching. They had to. This is different from intentionally planning on patching just to add something as simple as connecting to ORAS, which, since it is going to be important for many people, should just be in from the get-go.

As for the events, you basically answered your own question: why go through the trouble? Those events, excepting maybe the Eon Pokémon, are Kalos Pokémon, and likely Kalos events. For them, its easier--and makes sense--for them to be in the games from the get-go.

How did I answer my own question? My point was that the hidden Pokemon were just that. Hidden. The fact that they are Kalos Pokemon doesn't change the fact that they wanted them to be hidden - not known by the general public. How would it make sense for them to care more about keeping, say, a Mega Sceptile secret than something like Hoopa?

If they honestly believe they have a good distribution method for a patch for ORAS compatibility (which would have to distributed to essentially everyone), and since they wanted to keep them secret, there is no reason to not create a patch for them as well.

Would it be more effort than leaving it in from the beginning? Yes, of course. But then, so would intentionally leaving out Megas to include in ORAS.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Mega Evolution however occurs mid-battle. There's just no way to get around it by trying to "hide" the Mega Evolution.

I don't see the problem here. Adding new forms didn't cause connectivity problems in Gen4 and Gen5. There is no "hiding" going on. Shaymin's new form have different base stats and different type and is NOT have the new data programed in Diamond/Pearl.

There wasn't a connectivity issue before and there isn't one now. Obviously, you wouldn't be able to trade Sceptile Mega Stones, but so what? That isn't a problem. Giratina-O and Black-Kyurem were exclusive to those game until new ones were made.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Exactly. They had no way of getting around patching. They had to. This is different from intentionally planning on patching just to add something as simple as connecting to ORAS, which, since it is going to be important for many people, should just be in from the get-go.

How did I answer my own question? My point was that the hidden Pokemon were just that. Hidden. The fact that they are Kalos Pokemon doesn't change the fact that they wanted them to be hidden - not known by the general public. How would it make sense for them to care more about keeping, say, a Mega Sceptile secret than something like Hoopa?

If they honestly believe they have a good distribution method for a patch for ORAS compatibility (which would have to distributed to essentially everyone), and since they wanted to keep them secret, there is no reason to not create a patch for them as well.

Would it be more effort than leaving it in from the beginning? Yes, of course. But then, so would intentionally leaving out Megas to include in ORAS.

There's a big difference between one patch that includes all the new Megas from Kalos, and a new patch each time one new event is revealed, is what I meant.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back