• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Everyone talk about Mega Beautifly and Dustox but yet forgot Mega Buttefree and Beedrill. Just thinking of Mega Beedrill make it scary.

Years
  • Everyone talk about Mega Beautifly and Dustox but yet forgot Mega Buttefree and Beedrill. Just thinking of Mega Beedrill make it scary.

They aren't really forgotten, it's just that Beautifly and Dustox, at the moment, have a much better chance at getting a Mega evolution in the near future, because their native region is being remade! If they're going to give any early bugs the upgrade, I think it'll be the ones that will actually appear in ORAS, haha.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • What if they introduced a Mega Bellossom and Mega Vileplume? They appeared in the Hoenn Dex, and they seem to be underappreciated.

Maybe make Mega Bellossom a Grass/Fairy? and bump her Special stats? And Mega Vileplume can bump his Attack/Defense stats?

Give Vileplume a Speed raise, that's all I need. It would make a good Special Sweeper if it had a bit more options to go faster.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • I always liked Glalie, and I feel like a Mega Glalie would be REALLY cool. I kind of wish that Dusclopes got a mega evolution rather than a normal evolution, but I suppose the idea was not conceived yet back then.

They aren't really forgotten, it's just that Beautifly and Dustox, at the moment, have a much better chance at getting a Mega evolution in the near future, because their native region is being remade! If they're going to give any early bugs the upgrade, I think it'll be the ones that will actually appear in ORAS, haha.

In X/Y, at least to my knowledge, everyone had forgotten that Bannete was even a pokemon, but they gave him a mega and he was instantly remembered! I hope that Dustox and Beautifly get mega's, that'll be really interesting .

Years
  • I do think Mega Banette was created as compensation for Dusknoir's existence, since they were version exclusives and related to each other in that way, and furthermore, Banette isn't necessarily useful, so a Mega evolution made sense to really help it become a more relevant Pokemon, and it did. Could also be attributed to Sableye, whose version exclusive counterpart received a Mega in Kalos, while the ghost was left in the dust. Until now! n__n

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Speaking about counterparts, Mega Milotic needs to happen. If Gyarados got one, Milotic must too. And Machamp.

And about the underdogs, Lapras and Jynx would be really cool too. I'd rather Jynx have an Evolution like Magmar and Electabuzz got, but I guess a Mega Evolution would be cool too.

Tauros and Nidoking need more love too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I just realized that every Gen I, Gen II, and Gen III ghost has either an evolution in another gen (Dusknoir and Mismagius) or a Mega. We have yet to have Gen IV ghost get a Mega or a cross-generation evolution. I'll like to see Drifblim get one.

Chozen1

Master of Disaster
    Years
  • Hopefully all the megas are from Hoenn. Hoenn Pokemon are my favorite and most of the megas in X/Y were Kanto Pokemon, which was a disappointment. The one I am looking forward to the most is Mega Camprupt. Him and Mega Shiftry would be boss. Make it happen Game Freak!

Years
  • I wonder how they'll explain the presence of Megas in Hoenn. When I first visited the Tower of Mastery I noticed that the front of the tower has an emerald, sapphire, and ruby (top to down) on the left and right as decorations. I wonder if perhaps that tower was made by the people of Hoenn...and Hoenn is actually the first place to see Mega evolution.

Years
  • Well, from what we've seen so far, Steven seems to be quite interested in Mega stones and evolution, and he is shown with a Mega Charizard X. He could have something to do with how it's implemented in ORAS, and maybe Norman gets some involvement too, to make use of his role as the player's father, which they basically disregarded in RSE.

Years
  • Well at least Norman bothered appearing...can't say much about the other dads...

Perhaps Sky Pillar will be redesigned to become Hoenn's version of "Tower of Mastery". Or perhaps it used to be one but was abandoned over time...
    So how about that Mega Slaking being mentioned in the DCC thrend? Think it'll happen?

Years
  • Well at least Norman bothered appearing...can't say much about the other dads...

Perhaps Sky Pillar will be redesigned to become Hoenn's version of "Tower of Mastery". Or perhaps it used to be one but was abandoned over time...
    So how about that Mega Slaking being mentioned in the DCC thrend? Think it'll happen?

Like it was mentioned before, slaking already have a mega pokemon stats, all he just need is useful ability. I'd like to see him having moxie or infilator.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I feel Sky Pillar is more attributed to Primal Reversion, rather than Mega Evolution. But, I kinda agree with you on the Tower of Mastery thing. Haha x3

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years

I like the idea of a mega evolution for Slaking but I think a Primal Reversion could possibly suit it better? As long as it isn't exclusive to the weather trio and most likely the fossils. I can see Slaking turning into a bigger, more attitude-ier Vigoroth.

160 -> 150 (-10)
    100 -> 110 (+10)
    95 -> 125 (+30)
    65 -> 90 (+25)
    100 -> 135 (+35)

It's attack drop probably won't make a difference lol but it'd be far too OP'd imo. Slaking seems like a Pokemon that would have been fast in the past so yeah. Providing that the stat additions work like mega's and add 100 and don't touch HP.

As for an ability, I don't really know, something that isn't crippling like Slow Start or Truant. Maybe something not as bad like Limber, or immunity.

idk I just get the feeling that Slaking was this big terrifying monster back in the olden days.

(((slaking kong)))

Years
  • I like the idea of a mega evolution for Slaking but I think a Primal Reversion could possibly suit it better? As long as it isn't exclusive to the weather trio and most likely the fossils. I can see Slaking turning into a bigger, more attitude-ier Vigoroth.

160 -> 150 (-10)
    100 -> 110 (+10)
    95 -> 125 (+30)
    65 -> 90 (+25)
    100 -> 135 (+35)

It's attack drop probably won't make a difference lol but it'd be far too OP'd imo. Slaking seems like a Pokemon that would have been fast in the past so yeah. Providing that the stat additions work like mega's and add 100 and don't touch HP.

As for an ability, I don't really know, something that isn't crippling like Slow Start or Truant. Maybe something not as bad like Limber, or immunity.

idk I just get the feeling that Slaking was this big terrifying monster back in the olden days.

(((slaking kong)))
    Slacking is still a terrifying thing, just look at people's reactions when the idea of it having a Mega is brought up with out Taunt lol.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Slacking is still a terrifying thing, just look at people's reactions when the idea of it having a Mega is brought up with out Taunt lol.

Yeah but it seems that time has mellowed it into a slob who only attacks every other turn, lol, so reverting it back to a fierce ape that will literally rip you apart would be amazing.

I've been thinking about abilities and what about something that still acts like Truant, but with added effects? I'm so bad with explaining so bare with lol, but something like a Bide/Counter effect during its downtime?

Regular move -> "Truant", absorbs a hit and immediately hits back with half of the damage taken. Would only work with physical moves, tho.

Years
  • Yeah but it seems that time has mellowed it into a slob who only attacks every other turn, lol, so reverting it back to a fierce ape that will literally rip you apart would be amazing.

I've been thinking about abilities and what about something that still acts like Truant, but with added effects? I'm so bad with explaining so bare with lol, but something like a Bide/Counter effect during its downtime?

Regular move -> "Truant", absorbs a hit and immediately hits back with half of the damage taken. Would only work with physical moves, tho.

Ahh, so maybe GF will give it a better version of Taunt yet not unleash it's full power. Though it is a sloth (in terms of name and design) with a small dose of ape added into it's inspiration (sloths aren't apes). So it's ability is a play on the sin/ other meaning of the word.

Btw you know which Pokemon has fallen really far? Snorlax. It used to be a terrifying beast yet now it's...lost that spark.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I think Mega Diancle's base defense should be over 200 !
    I mean , It based on Diamond which happen to be the most hardest object on earth .

Years
  • Diancie's defense is already extremely high, but of course getting it even more bulk wouldn't hurt. Based on Mega Diancie's design, it looks like it could get a special attack boost, to make it more of an attacker than a wall. As it stands right now, it looks like it could also get a new ability that benefits the attacking side of its strategy.

Years
  • Diancie's defense is already extremely high, but of course getting it even more bulk wouldn't hurt. Based on Mega Diancie's design, it looks like it could get a special attack boost, to make it more of an attacker than a wall. As it stands right now, it looks like it could also get a new ability that benefits the attacking side of its strategy.
    I hope that it get's some high special defense as it has that 4x weakness to Steel. They could make it faster...but they'll proably have to give it a large chunk of the 100 to make it faster than most steel types.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back