• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgalles18

Snootchie Bootchies!!!
Years
  • I'd really like to see some of the starting bird Pokemon get some Megas as well; in Hoenn's case it would be Swellow, but the one I would really like to see is Mega Noctowl, so that it's Normal/Flying typing would change to a Psychic/Flying typing when it Mega evolved, taking full advantage of its Psychic-type moves, perhaps with Aerilate, Big Pecks, or Compoundeyes as its ability.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe a Mega Noctowl will get a psychic version of Normalize (aka something like Aerilate and Pixielate but that makes them psychic instead), that way it can still use it's normal type moves and still get stab from them. I want a Mega Swellow to become Electric/Flying and get an electric version of Normalize. Or to stay Normal/Flying and get Gale as it's ability.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Fortunately though, they do have a lot of space to work with, considering there were many flaws in Hoenn Pokémon pre-PS split. Now most new Pokémon are one-stat oriented, so the mid-game Pokémon have the highest chances to receive megas. Hopefully they'd give one for Camerupt as well.

Years
  • I perfer the more balanced pokémon, so I hope they don't take too much from one stat that is necessary for another. Unova and Kalos have too much glass canons. I hope that none of the Hoenn Megas will be glass cannons. I think Mega Blaziken is the closest one ( as Normal Blaziken had low defenses to begin with).

Years
  • It's been stated before, but the chances of Camerupt as well as Sharpedo getting a Mega are pretty high! If you look at this screenshot of Archie and Maxie in one of the trailers released during E3, both have Mega symbols on their clothing, hinting at both possibly having a Mega on their team.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Well, I, for once, would like the underwhelming pokemon, those who can really use a boost in order to shine, to get a Mega instead of the popular ones. Mawile, Absol, Ampheros, for example: all were a step in the right way. Gengar, which is already OP? Not so much... Garchomp, Scissor and Tyranitar? It seems there are more Pokemon who got mega because their popularity then those who can actually use it.

So I say, of the Hoenn Pokemon: Give Mighthyena a Mega. That is my first choice. I guess Zangoose and Seviper (like Heracross and Pinsir) are good, obvious, choices, though not the best ones since they are kinda already good at what they do. How about Tropius and Chimecho? These pokemon always fell under the chair and Tropius is a standalone Pokemon practically begging to being useful. And how about Mega Glaile? This guy was discarded by Nintendo ever since his better female counterpart came out.

Also, I think Jynx doesn't need Mega. She needs an evolution. A regular, good ol' evolution. That way she would really be like her fellow buddies, Electrabazz and Magmar. Giving Megas everywhere instead of evolutions will get old fast, and isn't really necessary. The same goes for handling Pokemon like Luvdisc (maybe Nintendo should finally do the obvious and make an evolution chain between this one and Alamomola).

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • It seems Mega Chimecho should be noticed too because of how rare it is, only found on top of Mt. Pyre, and almost no one seems to know its existence in RSE haha.

Years
  • ^So true; I think I only came to know about Chimecho because James wanted/eventually got one in the anime, haha.

That being said, I'm trying to picture how Mega Chimecho would look. It goes from being a bell to a windchime, both which have rather nice, soothing sounds, so maybe its Mega would be based on an instrument with a really pleasant sound as well? Idk; I think Chimecho's cute and feel that it deserves love, but I'm not certain if it's Mega Evo. potential.

Years
  • I found out about Chimecho as I battled one in the Battle Dome. Before I caught one in Mt. Pyre (after a lot of time) I thought it was Psychic/Steel.
    I think that it may actually need a normal evolution (so next gen) for it's line to be fully useful.

After looking at some Huntail sets I really want it to get a Mega, more so than before. They could shift some special attack to it's attack stat. I'll like to see them give it the Dark type too for Stab Crunch. Gorebyss can have the psychic type added to it with it's Mega.

Years
  • I would like to see a Mega Politoad and Mega Poliwrath. They are decent, but they could use a boost, more so Poliwrath than Politoad.

Both getting a Mega would be a bit excessive, I think. Strongly believe that they need to keep Mega evolution are relatively exclusive option for Pokemon, and hope they don't decide to just hand out the privilege to every fully evolved Pokemon out there. In my opinion, that would essentially ruin the whole concept of Megas.

Years
  • Both getting a Mega would be a bit excessive, I think. Strongly believe that they need to keep Mega evolution are relatively exclusive option for Pokemon, and hope they don't decide to just hand out the privilege to every fully evolved Pokemon out there. In my opinion, that would essentially ruin the whole concept of Megas.
    We don't know the full list of Megas being added yet. Besides chances are 'Z' will probably introduce even more new Megas too, so I think we'll reach that point in which there'll be a lot of them by this generation.
    Btw does anyone know the number of pokemon that are as of this generation can be considered fully evolved? I'll like to see what the percent of them have Megas already.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Hey, you might want to check out the Create a Hoenn Mega Evolution Get-Together event (click for link)! The idea is essentially the same as this thread, although you could win an emblem as a prize :)

If I could create any.. I think I would make a Mega Milotic. It would be Water/Fairy and uh... I guess I would increase its Special Defense to match Blissey's, and maybe its Defense or SpAtk, since you can't increase HP? Hmm.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2016
    Mega Mightyena
    Ability:Strong Jaw
    Type:Dark
    Stats:
    HP:70
    Atk:90>155
    Def:70>95
    SPAtk:60
    SPDef:60>90
    Spd:70>125
    Base Stat Total:420>590

There's only one pokemon I want to them to give a mega to,and that's Mightyena,its been my favorite pokemon ever since R/S was released.

Last edited by a moderator:

Years
  • I wouldn't mind a Mega Mightyena. Wonder what kind of ability it should have. Perhaps a Dark version of Normalize as it lacks good dark moves imo but has several normal moves it can learn like Return, and Take down. Actually over all it doesn't have much diversity in it's movepool...

Years
  • If I could create any.. I think I would make a Mega Milotic. It would be Water/Fairy and uh... I guess I would increase its Special Defense to match Blissey's, and maybe its Defense or SpAtk, since you can't increase HP? Hmm.

Water/Fairy would be such a good typing for it, omg ;-; It would complement Mega Gyara's Water/Dark nicely, as Fairy moves are super effective against Dark types. Plus, Gyara's typically considered the "better mon", so giving Mega Milotic the advantage over Gyara's Mega would be a good move.

re: Mega Mightyena, I can see it with Strong Jaw since it gets all the fang moves affected by the Ability. As for its movepool, GF could give it more moves and/or have four of its fang moves become level up or move tutor moves if they give it Strong Jaw. The latter would especially help Mightyena out because of Poison Fang, which would help it deal with Fairies. (Fire Fang would also be useful for Bugs and Steel/Fairies.)

Years
  • Water/Fairy would be such a good typing for it, omg ;-; It would complement Mega Gyara's Water/Dark nicely, as Fairy moves are super effective against Dark types. Plus, Gyara's typically considered the "better mon", so giving Mega Milotic the advantage over Gyara's Mega would be a good move.

re: Mega Mightyena, I can see it with Strong Jaw since it gets all the fang moves affected by the Ability. As for its movepool, GF could give it more moves and/or have four of its fang moves become level up or move tutor moves if they give it Strong Jaw. The latter would especially help Mightyena out because of Poison Fang, which would help it deal with Fairies. (Fire Fang would also be useful for Bugs and Steel/Fairies.)
    Hopefully it would. Maybe they'll give it Moonblast so it can get some stab, or pixielate. Or both.

Years
  • Pixilate wouldn't really be a good Ability for it unless it received Hyper Voice, in which case Moonblast wouldn't be needed since Hyper Voice + Pixilate is more powerful. (It'd probably still get Moonblast anyway, though.) I can maybe see it keeping Marvel Scale, since I can see it staying a bulky sort of Pokemon (contrasting Gyarados's offensiveness). If not Marvel Scale, then some other defensive Ability, like Magic Bounce like we need anymore Megas with that or Lightning Rod or Filter or something. Heck, it'd be cool if it got an Ability exactly like Fur Coat (i.e., doubles its defense) but with a different name (since Milotic clearly doesn't have fur XD).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back